Anyone know anything about this PSU?

Sat1600

Never heard anything about it but i'd say just save up 15 $ more and go for a EVGA BR 650 W or a Seasonic S12III 650 W and know you're getting something good.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Never heard anything about it but i'd say just save up 15 $ more and go for a EVGA BR 650 W or a Seasonic S12III 650 W and know you're getting something good.

Questionable ...

corsair RMx would be my go to advice to anyone buying a psu. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

it's a gold rated thermaltake psu. should be better than tboth the evga br650 and the seasonic s12iii, which are both pretty bad recommendations.

Just now, boggy77 said:

it's a gold rated thermaltake psu. should be better than tboth the evga br650 and the seasonic s12iii, which are both pretty bad recommendations.

I mean I never heard of it and 80 plus gold has nothing to do with quality 

We can't know for sure how good it is 

Getting a known psu with a good reputation is safer 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

I mean I never heard of it and 80 plus gold has nothing to do with quality 

We can't know for sure how good it is 

Getting a known psu with a good reputation is safer 

I don't know much about PSU's, but the one thing I know for sure is that at least within the same brand a gold will have better hardware inside.  Perhaps one brands bronze would be equal to a gold from a different brand, but not within the same brand.

To the OP...  Thermaltake is a reputable brand, and it's a gold rated PSU.  I would buy that if I needed a 600 watt.  The general rule now seems to be to get 100-150 watts more than you need, and at least bronze rated. Meaning 85% efficiency and up.  An 80 plus white is only 80%.

2 minutes ago, Gorilla Warfare said:

Seasonic S12III

the s12III 

is not good ?

really ?!

2 minutes ago, Gorilla Warfare said:

it's not even manufactured by SEASONIC.

wait what ?!?!?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

23 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

wait what ?!?!?

From what I can find, they are outsourced to a factory known as Shenzhen Rui Sheng Yuan Technology. So no, they aren't made by god SeaSonic who is da best psu manufacturer cuz they only make psu's.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

3 minutes ago, Ralf said:

From what I can find, they are outsourced to a factory known as Shenzhen Rui Sheng Yuan Technology. So no, they aren't made by god SeaSonic who is da best psu manufacturer cuz they only make psu's.

that yea i  did not know that lol 

Build Log: 

3 hours ago, chocolatekarma said:

I don't know much about PSU's, but the one thing I know for sure is that at least within the same brand a gold will have better hardware inside.  Perhaps one brands bronze would be equal to a gold from a different brand, but not within the same brand.

That's just wrong. The 80+ rating is just for efficiency, nothing else. One specific example would be the 80+ Gold rated EVGA G1 NEX vs the 80+ Bronze rated EVGA B3. The G1 NEX is a terrible, low end, group regulated PSU, while the B3 was basically just a Leadex Silver.

:)

43 minutes ago, seon123 said:

That's just wrong. The 80+ rating is just for efficiency, nothing else. One specific example would be the 80+ Gold rated EVGA G1 NEX vs the 80+ Bronze rated EVGA B3. The G1 NEX is a terrible, low end, group regulated PSU, while the B3 was basically just a Leadex Silver.

Then please explain how a PSU can be more efficient without better parts.

Just now, chocolatekarma said:

It can supply more power without alot being lost to heat

But at the same time it could also just have shitty soldering quality and just blow up 

Quality was never a part of efficiency it can be efficient but it can have really bad quality

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

It can supply more power without alot being lost to heat

But at the same time it could also just have shitty soldering quality and just blow up 

Quality was never a part of efficiency it can be efficient but it can have really bad quality

Granted, but a lesser quality capacitor for example is not going to be very efficient to begin with.

12 minutes ago, chocolatekarma said:

Easy.  They use cheaper parts that are more efficient.  😉

Don't narrow your thinking to such a linear view, with high quality and efficiency on one end and cheap and inefficient on the other.  There are many variables.

There's plenty of high efficiency PSUs out there that have high ripple, poor voltage regulation, cannot output full power rating at higher temperatures, use cheaper fans that wear out quickly, etc.   

I can give you one example off the top of my head:  Corsair CS750M and TX750M are quite literally the same PSU with some minor changes.  They are both 80 PLUS Gold rated.  But the TX750M has six MOSFETs used for synchronous rectification as opposed to only four used in the CS750M.  This allows the TX version to output the full 750W even if temperatures hit 50°C.  CS-M can only operate upwards of 40°C.

13 minutes ago, chocolatekarma said:

Granted, but a lesser quality capacitor for example is not going to be very efficient to begin with.

PSUs are more than a box of capacitors.

6 hours ago, Sat1600 said:

Can't find anything at a normal price. Anyone know anything about this PSU? I cant find any info on it:

https://www.newegg.com/thermaltake-ps-ttp-0600nnfagu-1-600w/p/N82E16817153395

So, this is the version they sell in bulk to system integrators in the U.S. like iBuyPower/CyberPower PC.  It's a cost down PSU.  Essentially, it hits required efficiency benchmarks, but nothing more.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Either of those would arguably be worse.

7 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Easy.  They use cheaper parts that are more efficient.  😉

Don't narrow your thinking to such a linear view, with high quality and efficiency on one end and cheap and inefficient on the other.  There are many variables.

There's plenty of high efficiency PSUs out there that have high ripple, poor voltage regulation, cannot output full power rating at higher temperatures, use cheaper fans that wear out quickly, etc.   

I can give you one example off the top of my head:  Corsair CS750M and TX750M are quite literally the same PSU with some minor changes.  They are both 80 PLUS Gold rated.  But the TX750M has six MOSFETs used for synchronous rectification as opposed to only four used in the CS750M.  This allows the TX version to output the full 750W even if temperatures hit 50°C.  CS-M can only operate upwards of 40°C.

PSUs are more than a box of capacitors.

So, this is the version they sell in bulk to system integrators in the U.S. like iBuyPower/CyberPower PC.  It's a cost down PSU.  Essentially, it hits required efficiency benchmarks, but nothing more.

What can I say...  you schooled me again.  Just wondering why you don't seem to like EVGA Bronze, or maybe just EVGA in general.  I went with an EVGA bronze 450 because they're what most people recommend.  And it also seems very hard to find a truly premium PSU even available in the 450 watt capacity.  My system only puts out around 190 watts under full load, so there was no way I'm buying anything above 450.  Some of your and others comments make me feel EVGA PSU's are crap or something.

Any insight you can offer would be highly appreciated.

6 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

it should not be bad.

It's a 60 dollar 80 plus gold psu

That is not promising they definitely did cut corners somewhere

7 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

TT is not bad brand

If you want to talk about reputation 

They are literally a brand who copies ideas and mass produces them and then try to charge a law suit on other companies 😂

Also their smart series of PSUs SUCK 

Build Log: 

27 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

TT is not bad brand, they are in PC industry for long time, am not sure about there Power Supply quailty but its gold 80+ it should not be bad. It have good outputs +3.3V@20A, +5V@20A, +12V@49A, -12V@0.3A, +5VSB@2.5A and it have aluminium capacitors.

In that case, i recommend this rare Diablotek psu https://www.amazon.com/Diablotek-650W-Power-Supply-PHD650/dp/B001L0N1PE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 because even JonnyGuru had one! Yeah it blew up, but it's fine as long you ignore that.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

48 minutes ago, chocolatekarma said:

What can I say...  you schooled me again.  Just wondering why you don't seem to like EVGA Bronze, or maybe just EVGA in general.  I went with an EVGA bronze 450 because they're what most people recommend.  And it also seems very hard to find a truly premium PSU even available in the 450 watt capacity.  My system only puts out around 190 watts under full load, so there was no way I'm buying anything above 450.  Some of your and others comments make me feel EVGA PSU's are crap or something.

Any insight you can offer would be highly appreciated.

I don't dislike all of EVGA's power supplies.  For Bronze, their BQ is good.  For Gold, their G2 is good.

The most frustrating thing about them is they flood the market with so many model series and only the best ones get reviewed or Cybenetics reports.  Then people buy the garbage ones based on the reputation of the good ones.

22 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

If you want to talk about reputation 

They are literally a brand who copies ideas and mass produces them and then try to charge a law suit on other companies 😂

Also their smart series of PSUs SUCK 

Yeah.  A lot of people are still mad at them for copying case designs and refuse to buy their stuff.  It's like how people are still mad at Gigabyte for advertising their four phase VRM as an 8 phase VRM.

And yes.... the SMART series do suck.  But sometimes you have to hit a low price point or give the business up to someone else.  If Thermaltake didn't have SMART and Corsair didn't have VS and EVGA didn't have W1, that business would just go to more less scrupulous brands like Kolink, Aerocool and Raidmax.

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

Gigabyte for advertising their four phase VRM as an 8 phase VRM.

Which board ? Because I know msi did that where they had a board that looked like it had 6 plus 2 but it ended just having a 2 stage 4 phase power design

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

And yes.... the SMART series do suck.  But sometimes you have to hit a low price point or give the business up to someone else

Yea I agree but anything over 600 w for 80 plus white and that quality of a PSU is bad idk why they even have a listing for 700w smart series PSU 

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

If Thermaltake didn't have SMART and Corsair didn't have VS and EVGA didn't have W1, that business would just go to more less scrupulous brands like Kolink, Aerocool and Raidmax.

Agreed 

Build Log: 

7 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

the s12III 

is not good ?

really ?!

wait what ?!?!?

Shenzhen Ruishengyuan Technology manufactures it.

18 hours ago, Sat1600 said:

Can't find anything at a normal price. Anyone know anything about this PSU? I cant find any info on it:

I've heard about this and i also heard that the thermaltake smart psus aren't that good under 750 watts. anything at that and above for thermaltake smart and you're good

18 hours ago, Sat1600 said:

I am only 15 but I needed a new psu and have ordered this exact one from newegg on saturday, supposed to come Wednesday June 3. Once I get thr power supply I will back to you, I should be able to tell if it's good cause before this I had a janky dynex 520w which was barely enough as I use an intel e3 1225 v3, an rx 580, and 16gb of ram.

Most of TT Smart do indeed suck, but I am 95% certain this one doesn't. I've never actually seen the internals of this PSU, in fact I've just heard about this now. But pictures through the exhaust grille points out to this being a Smart DPS G (based on the good CWT GPS) platform that has less warranty and no modular cables.