Ram arrived indamaged packaging

I ordered a  4 modules corsair vengeance pro rgb from amazon, and  it arrived  in a damaged box.   is there still any hope for my ram?  i know Amazon has   a warranty that cover packages  that arrived in a damaged box, but should i open  the box  ? Will it  void the wmazon warranty?

How bad is the box? It might still be fine. I think amazon return covers DOA even if the box has been opened as long as it is within 30 days.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

I don't believe they would refuse you to return it. I've had new MSI graphics cards and I opened them up and I was not too fond of some of them as they had a curve in the PCB so I sent them back without any problems.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Amazon has a 30 day exchange warranty whether you open it or not.  I would install it and test it.  If it works, great.  If not, request an exchange and everything will be taken care of.

18 minutes ago, steelman said:

I ordered a  4 modules corsair vengeance pro rgb from amazon, and  it arrived  in a damaged box.   is there still any hope for my ram?  i know Amazon has   a warranty that cover packages  that arrived in a damaged box, but should i open  the box  ? Will it  void the wmazon warranty?

How will opening a box void your warranty ? Just because the box is damaged doesn't meant the Ram is, and you have no way of knowing unless you open it and try it. If you are worried then just take a picture on your phone first before opening it.

Thanks  for the replies,  I will test the rams,  hopefully the are not damaged. Here is the pic

20200523_075928.jpg

55 minutes ago, steelman said:

Thanks  for the replies,  I will test the rams,  hopefully the are not damaged. Here is the pic

20200523_075928.jpg

That doesn’t look like it is bad enough that it would affect the ram, you should be good.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

5 hours ago, steelman said:

20200523_075928.jpg

Seriously? That is nothing. It's not like the ram is loose in the box. It's in plastic holders inside. 

Loool.This RAM is packaged good,so probably it happened while shipment,no worries,RAM modules are really tough to even brake..and this particulary has good protection...I wouldn't think about this at all..

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.