LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You know this monitor has never been the same since my VEGA 64 exploded and killed the displayport in it. It keeps randomly shutting off and on...

ExPlOdEd? 😮 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Just now, Metallus97 said:

ExPloDeD? 😮 

Yeah... like full on blew a MOSFET off the board... guess thats what I get for shoving 400W through the thing(accidentally) on air... Dont worry though, I got a full refund...

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Yeah... like full on blew a MOSFET off the board... guess thats what I get for shoving 400W through the thing(accidentally) on air... Dont worry though, I got a full refund...

Woha!! Well I once blew up a VII because of doing to much power table mods.... and I didnt get a refund....

Things are getting competitive on my end. There is now a contest to see who can get the most points by the end of the week. The prize is a trip to Galveston, Texas to see the next SpaceX launch and to see the research being done by NASA. What's the prize for the LTT team?

It's not about winning, it's about the good we are doing, but it's nice to have a personal goal in mind.

Woha!! Well I once blew up a VII because of doing to much power table mods.... and I didnt get a refund....

I just acted dumb on the phone like WhAt Is An OvErClOcK???? Is ThAt LiKe WhEn YoU PrEsS ThE TuRBo BuTtoN?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

400W on air 0.o I'm surprised you didn't split the PCB!

Just pinned my CPU at 100% and temps are looking good. Will keep an eye on it to see what it does once my AIO has time to come to equilibrium. Might turn my heater off and put some more clothes on.

Are there still issues getting GPU WU's? Tried deleting and remaking my GPU work slot but it's just been saying "waiting for idle" for a while now, and there is a WU that says "Download" but it's been stuck like that for an hour or two. Was working for me last week when I started.

I just acted dumb on the phone like WhAt Is An OvErClOcK???? Is ThAt LiKe WhEn YoU PrEsS ThE TuRBo BuTtoN?

I tried the same.. they didnt believe me and wanted to see the card. So I had to send it in and they were like NAHHH BROOO that cant happen out of the blue... and I mean... they where right

Just now, LordKitsune said:

400W on air 0.o I'm surprised you didn't split the PCB!

Just pinned my CPU at 100% and temps are looking good. Will keep an eye on it to see what it does once my AIO has time to come to equilibrium. Might turn my heater off and put some more clothes on.

It.. Uh... Was a reference card too... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, TheBahrbarian said:

Are there still issues getting GPU WU's? Tried deleting and remaking my GPU work slot but it's just been saying "waiting for idle" for a while now, and there is a WU that says "Download" but it's been stuck like that for an hour or two. Was working for me last week when I started.

Uh waiting for idle. Thats something different. I might have an idea, but mind posting your log?

It.. Uh... Was a reference card too... 

ok that might be to much for that blower 

I tried the same.. they didnt believe me and wanted to see the card. So I had to send it in and they were like NAHHH BROOO that cant happen out of the blue... and I mean... they where right

You probably got the dude that got in trouble over GOTSpectrum's card xD

Mine got shipped to china, they inspected it and said it was probably one that missed QC and boom, full refund. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

ok that might be to much for that blower 

It was actually an accident though, was trying to optimise for mining and well... I went the wrong way...

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

@Metallus97 Yeah here is a screenshot from the log. If you need more of it lmk

Can you please post logs in spoilers, stops it getting all bright for us dark mode users! Thanks!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

Yeah here is a screenshot from the log. If you need more of it lmk

-snip-

besides failing to connect to some servers that seems normal. though idd like to see the whole log. Please upload a txt or do

this:

Spoiler

code in a spoiler -> saves space

Oh and where does it exactly say waiting for idle?

It was actually an accident though, was trying to optimise for mining and well... I went the wrong way...

I crashed my computer a couple of weeks ago just taking off the XMP memory profile. Don't know why it happened. Luckily pulling out the sticks and reslotting them reset everything because it wasn't posting.

8 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

On it and will ad to the FAQ

So you have to: Advanced client -> configure -> slots -> CPU -> enter how many threads you want to fold one. Max should always be yourNumerOfThreadsThatYOurCPUhas - 1core for the GPU -1core for Windows 

thanks. my cpu tend torun a bit hot soo cutting it down a bit helps a lot

9 minutes ago, archang3l_media said:

Yep... Feels like a little more control over this chaotic situation

i mean this community especially has some real impresssive rigs so if we can contribbute i think we should also there no usual distrust 

like when donating money some part of me always thinks about where its going and all and this way feels more direct

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

@Metallus97Ok here is the whole log, in .txt form this time.

*edit: Just realized I had warnings&errors unchecked, so if you need that I will need to repost.

*edit2: Also it says "Paused: waiting for idle" on my GPU folding slot (right underneath the CPU folding slot, which is currently running).

log.txt

1 minute ago, cluelessgenius said:

i mean this community especially has some real impresssive rigs so if we can contribbute i think we should also there no usual distrust 

like when donating money some part of me always thinks about where its going and all and this way feels more direct

Folding@Home is way to established and transparent for distrust :) And yes, I agree with you about the impressive rigs. That's why I started a few days ago folding for myself (LTT Forum was unreachable for the team ID for some reason). Since working doesn't require my CPU or GPU that much but just needs my rig to work with an IDE, I though just f***-it, I can use the rest of the resources for a good cause.

My "Gaming" Rig:
i5-9600k
RTX2070 Super
Three tier storage (nvme, SSDs, HDD)
Used for coding, gaming, photo and video editing.

3 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

log.txt 30.71 kB · 0 downloads

Seems "normal" server issues and not getting work for the GPU. 

But (sorry to ask again) where does it say "waiting for idle"?

1 minute ago, cluelessgenius said:

thanks. my cpu tend torun a bit hot soo cutting it down a bit helps a lot

I'm running a delidded 8600K with a 4.9GHz OC plus an EVGA 980ti FTW with a mild OC and it ain't nothing to sneeze at. A lot less that the people with newer hardware but it still helps.

I've also been weary of donating money to causes because so many times it's been sketchy where the money goes. If I can help out in person in any way I will, that way i know where my labor and efforts are going.

We're all in this together no matter what type of rig you have. GO TEAM!!!

1 minute ago, archang3l_media said:

Folding@Home is way to established and transparent for distrust :) And yes, I agree with you about the impressive rigs. That's why I started a few days ago folding for myself (LTT Forum was unreachable for the team ID for some reason). Since working doesn't require my CPU or GPU that much but just needs my rig to work with an IDE, I though just f***-it, I can use the rest of the resources for a good cause.

well mine sits idling most of the time anyway . but now im thinking of also folding on my work notebook since currently i work through it on a  citrix remote client anyway so the stress  on themachine is also minimal  and i should get something out of it even though it canthold  upwith  my personal rig. maybe ill leave that  running while im  at work

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

5 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

*edit: Just realized I had warnings&errors unchecked, so if you need that I will need to repost.

*edit2: Also it says "Paused: waiting for idle" on my GPU folding slot (right underneath the CPU folding slot, which is currently running).

log.txt 30.71 kB · 2 downloads

ALRIIIIGHT! Do you have the slider on full power? When on medium or low it will only use the GPU when you dont touch the system