Budget pc

Tisham

I5 9100 + rx 550 vs i3 9100 + gtx 1050 

Also is i3 future proof or can you suggest any 6core budget gpu

Im assuming you meant 9400?

There's so many better offerings from AMD that make both of these setups redundant

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Both the RX550 and GTX1050 are the budgetest of budgety cards. An extra £20 in a can often nobble you a 560/570. Especially used. As for performance between them, linky to YouTube side by side comparison: 

As for future proofing, you can't. Just buy the best components you can afford at the time of building your PC (i5 9400? or go AMD).

Le PC: Gigiabyte Gaming 3, AMD 2700x, Yeston RX 550 4gb, Corsair 16gb, Corsair 450w PSU & Aerocool QS240 case. Linux, Elementary OS.

If you are buying new, and depending on your region. A much better "future proof" option would be to buy a B450 motherboard with a Ryzen 2600 or 3600 CPU, then just buy the best GPU you can afford.

If you are stuck with the choices you mentioned, I'd go for the "i3 9100 + gtx 1050". You'd have a motherboard that supported better 9th gen CPUs in the future, but would have a slightly better gpu in the near term(depending a little on what games you're playing).

I need a budget build suggestion  with budget gpu + poor casing,  psu,  hdd no sdd

im pretty sure this is the 4th time that you have  asked, going intel on your CPU wont help you much with the upgrade path i'd rather follow the suggestions from

7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Im assuming you meant 9400?

There's so many better offerings from AMD that make both of these setups redundant

6 minutes ago, AaronThomas said:

If you are buying new, and depending on your region. A much better "future proof" option would be to buy a B450 motherboard with a Ryzen 2600 or 3600 CPU, then just buy the best GPU you can afford.

If you are stuck with the choices you mentioned, I'd go for the "i3 9100 + gtx 1050". You'd have a motherboard that supported better 9th gen CPUs in the future, but would have a slightly better gpu in the near term(depending a little on what games you're playing).

and please dont cheap out on the PSU and go off with your day with buying a generic one

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, Oswin said:

im pretty sure this is the 4th time that you have  asked, going intel on your CPU wont help you much with the upgrade path i'd rather follow the suggestions from

and please dont cheap out on the PSU and go off with your day with buying a generic one

Yup....i will buy pc 4 5  month later

....i am digging and planning  

A cpu supports 2933 mhz ram so can i use smaller

To answer the questions you asked here:

1 minute ago, Tisham said:

1 Do i need good psu

Everyone needs a good PSU, why would you buy a bad PSU?
But good and bad depends on some aspects:

- Budget

- PC it is for

If you want PSU suggestions, please fill in the above.

1 minute ago, Tisham said:

2 Will rx 570 bottleneck i3 

There are many different types of i3, but RX 570 + modern i3 is a decent combo.. Although Ryzen 1600 (AF) could be a better option.

It all depends.

2 minutes ago, Tisham said:

3 Will i be able to change cpu in future 9th motherboard

You want to be able to use your current motherboard with an 9th series Intel CPU? If it's a 300-series board, that is probably possible (perhaps after a BIOS update).

Whether you should put an i7 or i9 on the board, depends on what it is. A budget board shouldn't be used with an i7 for example.

3 minutes ago, Tisham said:

4 is 4 core enough because i have seen people using high end gpu with 2 core

It's okay, but as said above, Ryzen has more cores which does tend to help in this day and age.

To answer in this thread:

54 minutes ago, Tisham said:

I5 9100 + rx 550 vs i3 9100 + gtx 1050 

Also is i3 future proof or can you suggest any 6core budget gpu

What is your budget for a full system? Where are you buying from?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Banglades... Asia.....from a store by running around .no AMAZON!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Tisham said:

Banglades... Asia.....from a store by running around .no AMAZON!!!!!

I don't know the market in Bangladesh, so you would have to do some research to see what would be an option for you there. But a build that looks something like this makes the most sense to me somewhat within this budget:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($108.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($72.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: *Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial BX500 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($58.89 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: *Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($35.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $506.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-15 15:06 EST-0500

Doesn't have to be exactly like this, can be any other Tier B or better PSU:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40/

Can be any other decent (Tier E or better) motherboard too:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1137619-motherboard-tier-list-v2-currently-amd-only/

Just depends on what you can get your hands on and what pricing is like where you live.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, IdlePX said:

Both the RX550 and GTX1050 are the budgetest of budgety cards. An extra £20 in a can often nobble you a 560/570. Especially used. As for performance between them, linky to YouTube side by side comparison: 

As for future proofing, you can't. Just buy the best components you can afford at the time of building your PC (i5 9400? or go AMD).

I am developing agreement with the future proof thing.  The whole “intel has built the same cpu for 10 years and no one can touch it” thing simultaneous with “Nvidia built the same gpu for 10 years and nothing can touch it” both appear for now to be gone.  Before that future proof did not exist.  
That it was an unrepeatable anomaly is looking fairly high.

There is/was some hope that a fast 6/12 can beat a slow 8/16 by enough to make it past the assumed life of PS5/Scarlett but the disease thing has thrown that into flux somewhat.  It never applied to GPUs though because navi21 is still black box.  6/12 is still probably a good idea.  The 1600af is looking like the bang/buck leader atm.  It’s not fast, but the core count should give it legs.  GPUs are a gigantic question mark.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

@Bombastinator
I used to think future proofing was important. But every PC or laptop I've ever bought or built has lasted at least 5 years. Upgrade cycles are at most 5 years. Anything bought now won't have DDR5, coming late this year (maybe)? That'll come down to mortal humans pricing in another two or three years. Then there'll be AM5 on the AMD side. In reality, by the time its all affordable for normies, it'll have another 3 to 4 years at most until DDR6/AM6 arrive.

So, yeah, unless you have more money than average people, or you have no faith in your PC lasting 3+ years...

Le PC: Gigiabyte Gaming 3, AMD 2700x, Yeston RX 550 4gb, Corsair 16gb, Corsair 450w PSU & Aerocool QS240 case. Linux, Elementary OS.