Windows 10 KB4532693 Update Bug Loads Wrong Profile

Syaoran
5 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

According to netmarketshare its at ~88%, not that it would matter to MS as long as it owns the majority of the market.

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/desktop/worldwide

Here it shows the high 70s. The fact is they are loosing market share. Eveutally they will start to care. By that time they will likely be screwed. Like they were when they decided mobile mattered. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/desktop/worldwide

Here it shows the high 70s. The fact is they are loosing market share. Eveutally they will start to care. By that time they will likely be screwed. Like they were when they decided mobile mattered. 

The only problem is that it includes Windows 7 - the biggest headache and obstacle of micro$oft

In Janruary 2020 Windows 7 had a market share of roughly 25% after end of support,and in December Windows 7 had 32% market share.

Anyway the incompetence of micro$soft is showing here,lower overall market share,and an EOL OS has 25%.

with Windows 8 it was much worse though...when XP went EOL it had more market share than the newest Windows OS at the time.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

6 minutes ago, Vishera said:

The only problem is that it includes Windows 7 - the biggest headache and obstacle of micro$oft

People are still using it. Over all Microsoft has lost market share in recent years. The Writting is on the wall for them. Its just about them not being dumb and reading it. 

6 hours ago, Vishera said:

Good thing i don't use Windows 10,Windows went down hill ever since Windows 8.

An OS  that does whatever it wants and has 2 control panels,Windows 10 is just a money grab and an ego booster to the control freaks at micro$oft.

windows went down hill starting with 1.0. Always has been crap and always will be crap.

Just now, Vorg said:

windows went down hill starting with 1.0. Always has been crap and always will be crap.

You a Linux fan? ?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

15 hours ago, Chunchunmaru_ said:

The only big issues I had about Windows 10 were related to UWP apps not starting, and more recently issues about windows search.

Same here, the built in calculator and other apps just instantly close when I open them.

I've tried almost everything, I still have one possible solution to try (without reinstalling windows)

Well this is bullshit...I realistically can't turn my tablet off now:
image.thumb.png.02b5d812f58e918f860fd8977ed7d7e1.png

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

7 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Well this is bullshit...I realistically can't turn my tablet off now:

Go to schedule restart or use the pause for 7 days

Or, I don't know if your tablet has this but go to control panel > uninstall a program > View installed updates (on the left) > look for KB4532693 > uninstall

7 hours ago, Syaoran said:

Go to schedule restart or use the pause for 7 days

Or, I don't know if your tablet has this but go to control panel > uninstall a program > View installed updates (on the left) > look for KB4532693 > uninstall

I'll be doing that - its install of Windows isn't technically OEM (the "refresh" feature saw to that) so I should be able to.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 2/15/2020 at 1:58 AM, suicidalfranco said:

Windows 10 and deleting user files are starting to become synonymous

On 2/15/2020 at 2:11 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I feel obligated to point out in case it was missed that in this instance it's not deleting them, just moving them to another folder.  Not good but decidedly less severe I would say.

I have some bad news....

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/02/14/windows-10-kb4532693-issues/

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

3 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Damn, this is really the last thing they needed since clearly their reputation is already fairly bad (and completely justified).  I can only hope those unlucky enough to not only experience this but be hit by the deleting variant had good backups.  To be clear, the idea that everyone should have them does not make this ok to happen in any way, but if they did, it would be good news for them right now.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Big corps like ms don't care about rep. The company heads only care about getting more and more money. Only way to put a stop to this is massive fines every time it happens, and not corp. fines, that will just come out of the paychecks of those on the bottom who have no control. It needs to be against the corp. heads and ceo's personally. They are the ones responsible.

1 hour ago, Vorg said:

Big corps like ms don't care about rep. The company heads only care about getting more and more money. Only way to put a stop to this is massive fines every time it happens, and not corp. fines, that will just come out of the paychecks of those on the bottom who have no control. It needs to be against the corp. heads and ceo's personally. They are the ones responsible.

Legally employees and executives can’t not be held accountable for companies not following the law. Legally under the law a corporation is an artificial person. The only way to hold management responsible is to prove they committed a criminal act. Which is not that easy to do most of the time. 

And that is the problem. While the protection a corp gives is a good thing in SOME cases, most of the time, it's just a loop hole for criminals to hide in. A "corporation" is no more in control then a car or a gun. It's the ones running it that that decide and make things happen with in the limits pf the underlings following orders. Sometimes they know the order is wrong and some times the picture they have is too small to know. But those at the top....