Ebay pc build not working

Go to solution Solved by dwalin772,
On 1/31/2020 at 8:27 PM, Brent744 said:

Actually you're right, that model does not have a display output on the motherboard. Do you have any other GPU that you can use for the time being that you know 100% works?

I got non ecc ram and still nothing. Do you think it's the motherboard? 

Hey guys so I'm just getting into building pcs. I'm working on my first build and I thought I made sure oll the parts are correct but when I installed them and fired up the pc the monitor didn't turn on at all its didn't even say no signal. The fans and all the lights came on and the pus fan came on and the gpu lit up and the fan turned on. But nothing happened. I'm using the HDmi form my gpu to my monitor. 

Here is what I'm using for my build. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong! Thanks 

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E PRO

Cpu: INTEL CORE I5 680 2 CORE 3.6GHZ

GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX770 2GB

PSU : corsair TX 750w  

RAM: 4x4gig sticks (total of 16 gigs) DDR3 

I had the power to the gpu connected but took it off because I was moving my pc to a different room.

0131201119.jpg

0131201119a.jpg

0131201119b.jpg

1. Connect power to your GPU

2. Why is there cardboard under your GPU?

3. You do have a cooler and thermal paste on your CPU, right?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

1. Connect power to your GPU

2. Why is there cardboard under your GPU?

3. You do have a cooler and thermal paste on your CPU, right?

Yes I had the power connectted to the PSU I took it off just because I was moving my build and same with the cpu cooler. The cardboard was to give support to the gpu just in case the pcie couldn't hold it perfectly upright 

1 minute ago, dwalin772 said:

Yes I had the power connectted to the PSU I took it off just because I was moving my build and same with the cpu cooler. The cardboard was to give support to the gpu just in case the pcie couldn't hold it perfectly upright 

It looks like two of the RAM slots at the top of your board are missing clips. Have you reseated the RAM?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Pop out the CMOS battery, remove all the RAM except the one in the blue slot closest to the cpu refit the CMOS battery and try again.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

It looks like two of the RAM slots at the top of your board are missing clips. Have you reseated the RAM?

Yes I made sure that it's all the way in and clicked donwn 

2 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

To add, the memory you have looks like it could be ECC server memory, possibly not compatible.

Thank you  the first thing didn't work. not  sure what ECC memory means but what ram would you recommend me trying 

Any non ECC desktop DDR3 should do the job, if in doubt when buying just google the part number and it will tell you on the product page.

I would also suggest for better performance picking up Xeon X3440 or 3450 for like £12 on ebay. Gets you 4 cores 8 threads and overclocked can perform similar to an i7 3770.

I believe the cardboard is causing an issue here - Looks like the GPU isn't fully seated into it's slot due to it looking like it's "Tilted" to one end in relation to the board itself. If you don't have the GPU fully seated into it's slot the system will not work. 

I understand "Why" it's like that but again, if it's not fully seated the system will never work no matter what else you do.

Make sure it is and go from there.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 minute ago, glenalz81 said:

Any non ECC desktop DDR3 should do the job, if in doubt when buying just google the part number and it will tell you on the product page.

I would also suggest for better performance picking up Xeon X3440 or 3450 for like £12 on ebay. Gets you 4 cores 8 threads and overclocked can perform similar to an i7 3770.

OK thank you I'll have to order some ram to see if that helps. So the cpu I have will work but it's just not great? 

1 minute ago, dwalin772 said:

OK thank you I'll have to order some ram to see if that helps. So the cpu I have will work but it's just not great? 

it depends on what you want to do with it.  If it's gaming, it's not even decent

Just now, Epimetheus said:

it depends on what you want to do with it.  If it's gaming, it's not even decent

OK thank you what would you recommend? It's LGA 1156 socket 

Just now, dwalin772 said:

OK thank you what would you recommend? It's LGA 1156 socket 

pick up what the guy suggested, a 4 core 8 threads Xeon

when diagnosing a problem like this only place 1 ram stick in, in DIMM_A1.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

13 minutes ago, Brent744 said:

when diagnosing a problem like this only place 1 ram stick in, in DIMM_A1.

Is the the blue slot closest to the cpu? 

Next, remove the GPU, power down the machine and clear cmos. You need to eliminate as many potential problems as possible, and this cpu does have integrated graphics so it's able to boot without a GPU providing the cpu and mobo are functional. Plug the display directly into the motherboard then try booting the PC again.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

If you're sure the PSU is good to go and you're still not getting a bios image or anything, my guess would be a motherboard problem or you don't have the correct RAM.

10 minutes ago, Brent744 said:

Next, remove the GPU, power down the machine and clear cmos. You need to eliminate as many potential problems as possible, and this cpu does have integrated graphics so it's able to boot without a GPU providing the cpu and mobo are functional. Plug the display directly into the motherboard then try booting the PC again.

Yeah the thing is I don't think the motherboard has its. Own display port

3 hours ago, dwalin772 said:

Mobo should have at least hdmi or vga so you may need to use adapter 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Does the monitor work with other devices?

Also you said you were using hdmi but aren't you using the dvi port in the picture?

6 hours ago, dwalin772 said:

The motherboard will have some form of display output. It's an older board so it's likely a VGA port.