Coincidence with comcast? I think not!

mkessler9

I Ok. So recently I talked to Comcast about me having trouble with youtube and I claimed that they were throttling YouTube. They said they weren't.(This was right after the FCC ended net neutrality) So I talked to the guy some more and to end the conversation I ranted about net neutrality. Literally right after I sent that message my internet stopped working for around 5 mins, after it started working again the chat had been ended. I find it weird that this would happen right at this time. So I'm pretty sure he cut me off for a few mins so he could avoid the topic. Anyone else experience this?

Edit- The point of this is to see if this has happened to anyone else. And to support net neutrality.

Plus they should not be able to have this kind of control to just turn it off whenever they want to, besides for people canceling there service.

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Meh, i don't blame him. 

He doesn't make the rules, but he gets the shit for it. 

Read the edit

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Ok. So recently I talked to Comcast about me having trouble with youtube and I claimed that they were throttling YouTube. They said they weren't.(This was right after the FCC ended net neutrality) So I talked to the guy some more and to end the conversation I ranted about net neutrality. Literally right after I sent that message my internet stopped working for around 5 mins, after it started working again the chat had been ended. I find it weird that this would happen right at this time. So I'm pretty sure he cut me off for a few mins so he could avoid the topic. Anyone else experience this?

Edit- The point of this is to see if this has happened to anyone else. And to support net neutrality.

And honestly if you don't support net neutrality, why are you even here on this thread or even on this forum?

Plus they should not be able to have this kind of control to just turn it off whenever they want to, besides for people canceling there service.

Comcast has also started throttling my bandwith, started about a week ago and youtube pretty much doesn't work at all for me anymore. Won't be dealing with Comcast much longer after this to be honest.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Read the edit

Read the edit. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Comcast has also started throttling my bandwith, started about a week ago and youtube pretty much doesn't work at all for me anymore. Won't be dealing with Comcast much longer after this to be honest.

I would not have anything to do with comcast what so ever if it wasn't the fact that the only other service provider I have is windstream which has a max of 3mbit download here

Well, if they just lied to you about the throttling then you should get yourself a lawyer..

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Read the edit.

Ok read the edit again(I changed something)

I live in Aus and I can't play youtube in HD anyways but the company I'm with seems to throttle me after a while of using the internet straight. It gets throttled to 256kbs :(

I will be playing some of my favorite game (CS:GO) and I usualy get about a 30 - 45 ping when suddenly the ping will shoot up to 700... yeh I hate Aussie internet. Fkin Abbot.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Ok read the edit again(I changed something)

I understand what you are saying, but you have obviously never worked a "service" job. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Meh, i don't blame him.

He doesn't make the rules, but he gets the shit for it.

Ok. Ok calm down. But the least he could say is that he has no idea if they are instead of lieing when I have 25mbit Internet with no one else using it.

I understand what you are saying, but you have obviously never worked a "service" job.

nope and I don't plan to. :)

Ok. Ok calm down. But the least he could say is that he has no idea if they are instead of lieing when I have 25mbit Internet with no one else using it.

SUE THEM. I'm (Pretty) sure they can't just lie to you about that.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

$200 Volvo 245

SUE THEM. I'm (Pretty) sure they can't just lie to you about that.

I would have no way in proving that they were throttling me unless someone went through there server node logs.

I would have no way in proving that they were throttling me unless someone went through there server node logs.

Well.. I dunno. Threaten to leave. (Doesn't matter if you can't. Just try it.)

$200 Volvo 245

Well.. I dunno. Threaten to leave. (Doesn't matter if you can't. Just try it.)

I have school off the rest of the week so I might just do that one of the days :D

As a contractor for a cable co(not comcast thank god) i cant blame the guy to a point. Yes im on his side for endimg the chat but not the soft disco of the service. You wouldnt beleive how many times i go into a house and get blasted for stuff i didnt have any thing to do with or have say in. I get blasted for crap sales promised that we dont do if they signed up. I get a lot of why dont cable co do this or why dont you that. After a while u wanna drop them off the telphone poll cuz u cant leave and they wont shut up. Even after u eplain u dont have an answer to corporate policies, service changes or upcomming services(which i sadly find out usualy from customers way before if even told by supervisors).

As for the soft disconect which they can do for troubleshooting. That guy could have caused a major problem if he did reset tour modem.what if he timed out your service for 5 min and u had phone service with them or even a voip service and tried to dial 911?? I never work enless i inform there phone will be off during the repair so they know to use there cell.

As a contractor for a cable co(not comcast thank god) i cant blame the guy to a point. Yes im on his side for endimg the chat but not the soft disco of the service. You wouldnt beleive how many times i go into a house and get blasted for stuff i didnt have any thing to do with or have say in. I get blasted for crap sales promised that we dont do if they signed up. I get a lot of why dont cable co do this or why dont you that. After a while u wanna drop them off the telphone poll cuz u cant leave and they wont shut up. Even after u eplain u dont have an answer to corporate policies, service changes or upcomming services(which i sadly find out usualy from customers way before if even told by supervisors).

As for the soft disconect which they can do for troubleshooting. That guy could have caused a major problem if he did reset tour modem.what if he timed out your service for 5 min and u had phone service with them or even a voip service and tried to dial 911?? I never work enless i inform there phone will be off during the repair so they know to use there cell.

Yea. Do you mind me asking what cable company you work for? Also something I don't understand is why comcast the big company it is, has to go overseas to provide people to help you over the phone. I don't understand why comcast can't just pay for people in the U.S since they have all that money that their not investing in fiber with just sitting there. I can't stand it when a company goes overseas just for help over the phone. The people over there barely know our language.

work for optimum other than the crappy pay they give us they are from what i hear the easiest system to work for and most customers love us compaired to every one else. its ashaimed they are rumores to sell. our customer service is in ny long island and connecticut a nothing outsurced. were as far as i know the best internet. no throttling and they love netflix as they entered an agreement to put there servers in our head end. were always number one or number two in netflix isp list. from all the complaimts i hear from every ones isp neither i or any one i know  havent had any of those problems 

ps i have to pay full price for my cable as i dont directly work for them so there system wouldn know the difference between me or any one else. my employee status is only im there security dept files. just had to metion that disclaimer so u guys dont think my internet is coded for employees.

work for optimum other than the crappy pay they give us they are from what i hear the easiest system to work for and most customers love us compaired to every one else. its ashaimed they are rumores to sell. our customer service is in ny long island and connecticut a nothing outsurced. were as far as i know the best internet. no throttling and they love netflix as they entered an agreement to put there servers in our head end. were always number one or number two in netflix isp list. from all the complaimts i hear from every ones isp neither i or any one i know  havent had any of those problems 

ps i have to pay full price for my cable as i dont directly work for them so there system wouldn know the difference between me or any one else. my employee status is only im there security dept files. just had to metion that disclaimer so u guys dont think my internet is coded for employees.

What speed do you have and do they have data caps?

What speed do you have and do they have data caps?

im paying for 15/5 which is standard tier but i get 18.27/5.67. no data caps and  tjey came out publicly and said they have no intentions ever of doing caps enless a major industry change. also they offer 50/25 and 101/50 no data caps either. i dont pay for higher as its a waste and for my family its just pointless as im the only one that consumes most data my kids only netflix and roblox and ocasional l4d multiplayer

im paying for 15/5 which is standard tier but i get 18.27/5.67. no data caps and  tjey came out publicly and said they have no intentions ever of doing caps enless a major industry change. also they offer 50/25 and 101/50 no data caps either. i dont pay for higher as its a waste and for my family its just pointless as im the only one that consumes most data my kids only netflix and roblox and ocasional l4d multiplayer

If I where to get them I would probably get the 50/25. They sound/look like a good company, but the sad thing is that they are no where near me. There at the top of the east coast and I'm at the bottom. Do you know if they plan on expanding their region of internet service?

i doubt it they just sold there optimum west system and there rumored to sell at some point which will suck.

i doubt it they just sold there optimum west system and there rumored to sell at some point which will suck.

Dang it :/