Cooler master gets tired of telling parents about thermal compound, changes tube design

PCDCobby
2 hours ago, Waffles13 said:

I'd say it's much more likely a ploy to say to new PC builders "look, our thermal paste comes in a tube that will make it easier* to apply your thermal paste. *not actually any easier".

I know when I was building my first PC, the most stressful part was applying paste because it's pretty much the only aspect that isn't "plug thing into slot". If CM is the only paste on the market with a Unique Patented Easy Applicator Design™, then they are probably hoping to appeal to that market. It's just a ploy to stand out among the dozens of identical tubes of paste on the market. 

The most stressful part for me was putting the expensive CPU that I couldn't afford to simply replace into the socket lol. I knew once it was there, there was very little you could do to mess it up...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

14 hours ago, Founders said:

Exactly, as long as the IHS is adequately covered you're good.

spacer.png 

Article

That image is basically negligible.

I watched that gif a few times and was like "please tell me nobody took that seriously"

24 minutes ago, Kisai said:

"please tell me nobody took that seriously"

You know someone did....

Its a sad day when a parent doesn't believe their child isn't taking drugs and immediately goes to bashing a company for selling "drugs".

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

How about for the parent to have an interest in what their kids are doing, rather than jumping to conclusion their kids are actually doing drugs. Too bad kids these days lack communication skills, because they can easily tell their parent thermal paste are toxic. If they were to inject it like a drug, they won’t be standing in front of their parents.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

22 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

The most stressful part for me was putting the expensive CPU that I couldn't afford to simply replace into the socket lol. I knew once it was there, there was very little you could do to mess it up...

At this point, I find that the most stressful just because I know how easily you can bend a pin if you aren't careful. No matter how experienced you are, you can always slip up and drop it straight into the socket. 

When I was first starting out, though, pins were a lot thicker and harder to bend, and I knew next to nothing about thermal paste other than that the goo needed to go on the CPU bit. And any guide you looked at online would give you a dogmatic view of the right way to apply paste, lest you ruin everything. When in reality no one actually knew and it never actually really mattered. 

Spoiler

Granted, back when most/all pastes were conductive you needed to be a bit more careful, but for a CPU you always needed to be real sloppy to really need to worry about it squeezing out into something. It was only for GPUs where that was a real concern. 

On 1/17/2020 at 2:35 AM, Samfisher said:

It's flat headed, hardly the right shape or size to be injecting drugs into arms.

Challenge Accepted. 

4 hours ago, sof006 said:

Its a sad day when a parent doesn't believe their child isn't taking drugs and immediately goes to bashing a company for selling "drugs".

2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

How about for the parent to have an interest in what their kids are doing, rather than jumping to conclusion their kids are actually doing drugs.

I really don't want to support the following statement, because I'd like to believe that society is better than this but... Society is becoming more stupiderestest by da day dat wii dun't no ow we gonn liv no mor.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)