[NEWS] EG Weekly FREE Games WILL Continue in 2020

Paul Rudd

Source: EG Themselves (I understand this is not a hot deal but it is in fact multiple future hot deals so I posted it as NEWS)

Happy to announce that Epic Games will be continuing to give out free games once a week throughout 2020!

Also...

image.thumb.png.651b40e0ab1cd29931f8f9c44c9d97a3.png

image.thumb.png.d06a7568837ed0e986a86152bb7bc4ea.png

If you'd like to see the current value of ALL the games EG has given out to date, check my blog here... 

Thank you Epic for continuing to be so EPIC!

They can give all the free games they want but I am not using the epic game launcher. They have been way to shady in their exclusive deals forcing game developers to break promises to customers. 

Bought 1 game on Epic the rest are all free, i dont mind that.

But they can give away what they want but they still not a good environment, its just a plain game downloader/launcher. there's no community at all. Until they have they not worth the money imho.

Altho it did leave a very sour taste when Rocket League went to use Epic games servers. NOTHING but issues. (Before it was Amazon AWS i think.) Never had issues before they went to Epic. So they can suck it!

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

33 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

They can give all the free games they want but I am not using the epic game launcher.

Whatever floats your boat.

33 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

They have been way to shady in their exclusive deals

How have they been shady with their exclusive deals? It's no secret. Completely out in the open with them.

34 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

forcing game developers to break promises to customers. 

Game developers knew what they got into choosing to be game developers. As a human being, one should never make a promise to begin with.

32 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

I've yet to buy a single game. 82 games and counting, all free.

33 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

still not a good environment, its just a plain game downloader/launcher.

Exactly what I want, a basic launcher. If I wanna use the opposite I can effortlessly click on Steam.

34 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

there's no community at all.

Yea, 108+ Million people is no one.

35 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Altho it did leave a very sour taste when Rocket League went to use Epic games servers. NOTHING but issues. (Before it was Amazon AWS i think.) Never had issues before they went to Epic. So they can suck it!

Milk should help with that sour taste. What issues have you had with Rocket League?

7 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Whatever floats your boat.

How have they been shady with their exclusive deals? It's no secret. Completely out in the open with them.

Game developers knew what they got into choosing to be game developers. As a human being, one should never make a promise to begin with.

I've yet to buy a single game. 82 games and counting, all free.

Exactly what I want, a basic launcher. If I wanna use the opposite I can effortlessly click on Steam.

Yea, 108+ Million people is no one.

Milk should help with that sour taste. What issues have you had with Rocket League?

Its shady to buy exclusives after the game is done and ready for launch and even has preorders out there or when people already back the project to get the game on steam apon release. Also nobody should ever make promises? Are you serious? Promises are an important part of life and to just openly have others break promisies on your behalf is scummy. Its sorta akin to someone who seeks out married people to try and get them to cheat. 

4 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Its shady to buy exclusives after the game is done and ready for launch

How?

and even has preorders out there

Pre-ordering any video game and any issues involved with it is of the creation of those individuals who pre-order any video game.

or when people already back the project to get the game on steam apon release.

Again, these people knew what they got involved in doing such a thing. Any issue that arises is of their own creation.

Also nobody should ever make promises? Are you serious?

Dead serious.

Promises are an important part of life and to just openly have others break promisies on your behalf is scummy.

Not everyones life.

Its sorta akin to someone who seeks out married people to try and get them to cheat.

That's a shame.

2 hours ago, Intransigent said:

How?

Pre-ordering any video game and any issues involved with it is of the creation of those individuals who pre-order any video game.

Again, these people knew what they got involved in doing such a thing. Any issue that arises is of their own creation.

Dead serious.

Not everyones life.

That's a shame.

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. You are basically excusing epics shady dealings because the people should have known they would get screwed? The fact is epic knew what they were doing and it's just plain scummy. If they were to fund the development for a game from the start then I wouldn't care but the fact is they simply bought the games after they were done or basically done. 

6 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.

Thank you.

You are basically excusing epics shady dealings because the people should have known they would get screwed?

I have no idea. I just play free games at Epic.

The fact is epic knew what they were doing and it's just plain scummy.

To certain individuals. I'm not any of those individuals so it's whatever to me. This stuff doesn't even cross my brain.

If they were to fund the development for a game from the start then I wouldn't care but the fact is they simply bought the games after they were done or basically done. 

None of this matters to me as I have nothing to do with these games or their development. Know what I mean? It's like telling me that some random potato is growing in Malaysia somewhere.

11 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

They can give all the free games they want but I am not using the epic game launcher. They have been way to shady in their exclusive deals forcing game developers to break promises to customers. 

They can't force them to do anything. It's not like they have a gun. Just a big bag of cash and favorable profit sharing. It's the weak who falter.

Either way, dumb reason not to use it.

But 200 million free games? Assuming the average price is.. ehh, $15? That... can't be right... $3 billion? I'm wrong right?

12 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

But they can give away what they want but they still not a good environment, its just a plain game downloader/launcher. there's no community at all.

Good. Community can fuck off. Reddit exists along with dozens of other forums. I literally never use Steam forums and opt for anything else.

#Muricaparrotgang

11 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

People already back the project to get the game on steam upon release.

So what? If they get refunded or otherwise get a copy of the game on Epic, no value is lost. Literally none. And it's still entirely up to the devs to take the deal.

My buddy says "I do like the promises comment. Promises are not ok and are bullshit. Fuck commitments and promises. Both can go straight to hell."

He further adds;

"I wonder where he gets the audacity that people making promises to him is much more important than the persons happiness that made the promise. If they're happier doing something other than what they promised him, where does he get off thinking his happiness trumps theirs by a stupid promise getting fulfilled."

#Muricaparrotgang

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

So what? If they get refunded or otherwise get a copy of the game on Epic, no value is lost. Literally none. And it's still entirely up to the devs to take the deal.

My buddy says "I do like the promises comment. Promises are not ok and are bullshit. Fuck commitments and promises. Both can go straight to hell."

He further adds;

"I wonder where he gets the audacity that people making promises to him is much more important than the persons happiness that made the promise. If they're happier doing something other than what they promised him, where does he get off thinking his happiness trumps theirs by a stupid promise getting fulfilled."

I'm sorry but a promise actually means something and to say that ones happiness trumps a promise is just plain stupid. Alot of the stuff people promise aren't particularly things they want to do but that doesn't make it ok for then to just simply give up on the promise. I mean there was a band that promised to sign every album they sold for a particular album release and they ended up selling an incredible amount of albums as a result. It took like a week of just signing to sign them all. Now they probably would have been happier to just not spend a week signing a crazy number of albums but guess what they made a promise and that is important. It baffles me that someone could be so self centered to even suggest that one can arbitrarily break a promise based on ones feelings and it is justified. You can break a promise if you want but that does point to having a bad character and potentially ruining your relationship with anyone you made the promise with. 

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I'm sorry but a promise actually means something and to say that ones happiness trumps a promise is just plain stupid. Alot of the stuff people promise aren't particularly things they want to do but that doesn't make it ok for then to just simply give up on the promise. I mean there was a band that promised to sign every album they sold for a particular album release and they ended up selling an incredible amount of albums as a result. It took like a week of just signing to sign them all. Now they probably would have been happier to just not spend a week signing a crazy number of albums but guess what they made a promise and that is important. It baffles me that someone could be so self centered to even suggest that one can arbitrarily break a promise based on ones feelings and it is justified. You can break a promise if you want but that does point to having a bad character and potentially ruining your relationship with anyone you made the promise with. 

I'd like to point out that my buddy is apparently rather invested in this conversation by means of randomly waking me with a text response. So here goes;

"No, bad character is someone being so self centered and arrogant that they think they get to hold a promise over someones head as ransom for a relationship. when it comes to money the band would be stupid to not fulfill that when it means removing money out of your wallet and putting it in theirs. That just makes them happier having more money. But if they wanted to break it I'd buy the album to support them just simply for pissing people like you off."

So, anyways, in my opinion, no one owes you shit, promised or not. They're doing what's financially best for them. You aren't being screwed out of a game so you're still getting what your paying for, I don't care that it's on another web page. I agree with my buddy's statement, and I'll quote myself to his first statement, "I mean, you're not wrong. A lot of these games are tiny indie studios, so Epic Games comes along and says "Here's $10,000. We'll also give you better profit sharing than Steam and financial assurances." And then the devs think, "Well it would be nice to pay some bills" and take the deal. The only change for the end user is the web page associated with it and that's too freaking much for them to handle."

You can find quite easily videos with Double Damage games and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (One of the first exclusive titles) talking about why he took the deal and why he thinks it could be a boon for indie games. His studio more than doubled from his last release to rise from 2 people to 5, and they got bills to pay. Epic investing money for a measly year long exclusivity deal is a huge bonus.

And people that promise to do things like sign every copy are dipshits and it always turns out bad. They might do it that one time, but they'll never do it again because it sucks shit to do. A lot of them will just not do it because they were expecting a couple hundred but instead got a couple thousand. They don't really owe you anything and sometimes when shit like that happens it puts you up against a deadline and it dramatically slows down release.

Or, we could look at Star Citizen which was supposed to have full final release like 3 or 4 years ago at this point. but I guess that's fine because with all the non progress they've made in 8 years the community voted for it.

Now I'm going back to sleep.

#Muricaparrotgang

Alot of the stuff people promise aren't particularly things they want to do but that doesn't make it ok for then to just simply give up on the promise.

Never make a promise to begin with, problem solved. You wouldn't be doing anything you don't want to do and you wouldn't be giving up or going against your word.

35 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I'd like to point out that my buddy is apparently rather invested in this conversation by means of randomly waking me with a text response. So here goes;

"No, bad character is someone being so self centered and arrogant that they think they get to hold a promise over someones head as ransom for a relationship. when it comes to money the band would be stupid to not fulfill that when it means removing money out of your wallet and putting it in theirs. That just makes them happier having more money. But if they wanted to break it I'd buy the album to support them just simply for pissing people like you off."

So, anyways, in my opinion, no one owes you shit, promised or not. They're doing what's financially best for them. You aren't being screwed out of a game so you're still getting what your paying for, I don't care that it's on another web page. I agree with my buddy's statement, and I'll quote myself to his first statement, "I mean, you're not wrong. A lot of these games are tiny indie studios, so Epic Games comes along and says "Here's $10,000. We'll also give you better profit sharing than Steam and financial assurances." And then the devs think, "Well it would be nice to pay some bills" and take the deal. The only change for the end user is the web page associated with it and that's too freaking much for them to handle."

You can find quite easily videos with Double Damage games and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (One of the first exclusive titles) talking about why he took the deal and why he thinks it could be a boon for indie games. His studio more than doubled from his last release to rise from 2 people to 5, and they got bills to pay. Epic investing money for a measly year long exclusivity deal is a huge bonus.

And people that promise to do things like sign every copy are dipshits and it always turns out bad. They might do it that one time, but they'll never do it again because it sucks shit to do. A lot of them will just not do it because they were expecting a couple hundred but instead got a couple thousand. They don't really owe you anything and sometimes when shit like that happens it puts you up against a deadline and it dramatically slows down release.

Or, we could look at Star Citizen which was supposed to have full final release like 3 or 4 years ago at this point. but I guess that's fine because with all the non progress they've made in 8 years the community voted for it.

Now I'm going back to sleep.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. Don't make the promise if keeping it is akin to being ransomed. If you make a promise and just decide not to keep it because you "don't feel like it" then you are not a trustworthy person plain and simple. If AMD didn't support the AM4 platform as long as they had promised then people would also be mad and rightfully so because a promise means something and isn't just some empty words. Being upset when someone breaks their promise is not being self centered and is a very normal reaction. Its true that the world does not owe you anything but to say the guy that you gave money with the promise that they would deliver you something in return doesn't owe you something is simply BS.

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard.

Loads of crap or ridiculous, you really haven't heard much have you?

Don't make the promise if keeping it is akin to being ransomed.

I have no idea what this statement means.

If you make a promise and just decide not to keep it because you "don't feel like it" then you are not a trustworthy person plain and simple.

Do NOT make the promise to begin with. If a promise doesn't exist, it cannot be broken.

Being upset when someone breaks their promise is not being self centered and is a very normal reaction.

If a promise was never created, people would have no reason to be upset or need to react to anything.

1 hour ago, Intransigent said:

Loads of crap or ridiculous, you really haven't heard much have you?

I have no idea what this statement means.

Do NOT make the promise to begin with. If a promise doesn't exist, it cannot be broken.

If a promise was never created, people would have no reason to be upset or need to react to anything.

What are you even talking about? Why are we talking about a hypothetical where the promise was never made? The issue is a promise was made and it was broken so people are upset especially because epic bribed them into breaking their promise.  

Why are we talking about a hypothetical where the promise was never made? The issue is a promise was made and it was broken so people are upset

Aside from the fact that you're commenting on a thread I created about Epic Games, we're talking about this because there'd be no issues if a promise was never made. People would not be upset, if a promise was never made.

epic bribed them into breaking their promise.

Money talks. And they'd have never broken any promise, if they didn't make it in the first place. Hopefully, they learned a lesson.

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. Don't make the promise if keeping it is akin to being ransomed. If you make a promise and just decide not to keep it because you "don't feel like it" then you are not a trustworthy person plain and simple. If AMD didn't support the AM4 platform as long as they had promised then people would also be mad and rightfully so because a promise means something and isn't just some empty words. Being upset when someone breaks their promise is not being self centered and is a very normal reaction. Its true that the world does not owe you anything but to say the guy that you gave money with the promise that they would deliver you something in return doesn't owe you something is simply BS.

They got what they were owed. In the case of Metro Exodus, pre-orders were fulfilled on Steam. In other games they were offered the exact same 100% identical product or had their money refunded. What they don't owe is releasing on your web page or store of choice. Especially when it makes exactly zero difference to the end user. It doesn't matter if you or others arbitrarily dislike Epic because it isn't Steam, or because it doesn't a useless, often abused review system, or dumbass forums that are easily replaced by a dozen others.

It's okay for Steam to have a stranglehold on the monopoly of game launchers, but not okay for another store to come in the picture and offer a better curated list of games so it's not heaping loads of shovelware horseshit while also giving serious benefits to the developers? Alternatively, it's 100% A-Okay for Ubisoft, EA, Bethesda, Rockstar etc. to have their own launchers because of the sole reason they made the game? That logic makes no sense. If people want to deepthroat Steam and Gaben so hard that the mere thought of using any other launcher (Or even GOG, which is literally just a web browser and 100% DRM free) makes them upset then they need to really re-evaluate their lives.

Your argument about AM4 is invalid until they release a new platform. It's not like they release AM5 and suddenly AM4 no longer works. Stupid argument.

And being upset when someone gives you the exact same fucking gift because it's in a blue box instead of a red box I'd say is pretty damn entitled.

What are you even talking about? Why are we talking about a hypothetical where the promise was never made? The issue is a promise was made and it was broken so people are upset especially because epic bribed them into breaking their promise.  

Negative. A promise was made to make the game and release it to the backers. That promise was fulfilled, the only difference was the packaging because one was far better for the developer.

My buddy also texted me again;

"No one cares about your feelings. If you're butt hurt that someone broke a promise to you that's on you. (My note, I highly doubt you were in that group of "broken promises") The world is moving on. Samsung created a killer mirrorless camera and people dumped thousands of dollars into the system. Guess what? They killed the system after 5 years and everyone invested lost their money in lens investments for future bodies. Breaking promises is how the world works Some one who speaks the truth of how the world works is more trustworthy than someone living in fantasy land and lying to everyone telling them how it's supposed to work. You Sir, are an arrogant liar."

Addendum;

"Breaking the promise to people paying for the game was justified and if they don't like it they shouldn't buy the game. End of story. The fans of the game are wrong for thinking that they should've kept their promise."

#Muricaparrotgang

36 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

They got what they were owed. In the case of Metro Exodus, pre-orders were fulfilled on Steam. In other games they were offered the exact same 100% identical product or had their money refunded. What they don't owe is releasing on your web page or store of choice. Especially when it makes exactly zero difference to the end user. It doesn't matter if you or others arbitrarily dislike Epic because it isn't Steam, or because it doesn't a useless, often abused review system, or dumbass forums that are easily replaced by a dozen others.

It's okay for Steam to have a stranglehold on the monopoly of game launchers, but not okay for another store to come in the picture and offer a better curated list of games so it's not heaping loads of shovelware horseshit while also giving serious benefits to the developers? Alternatively, it's 100% A-Okay for Ubisoft, EA, Bethesda, Rockstar etc. to have their own launchers because of the sole reason they made the game? That logic makes no sense. If people want to deepthroat Steam and Gaben so hard that the mere thought of using any other launcher (Or even GOG, which is literally just a web browser and 100% DRM free) makes them upset then they need to really re-evaluate their lives.

Your argument about AM4 is invalid until they release a new platform. It's not like they release AM5 and suddenly AM4 no longer works. Stupid argument.

And being upset when someone gives you the exact same fucking gift because it's in a blue box instead of a red box I'd say is pretty damn entitled.

Negative. A promise was made to make the game and release it to the backers. That promise was fulfilled, the only difference was the packaging because one was far better for the developer.

My buddy also texted me again;

"No one cares about your feelings. If you're butt hurt that someone broke a promise to you that's on you. (My note, I highly doubt you were in that group of "broken promises") The world is moving on. Samsung created a killer mirrorless camera and people dumped thousands of dollars into the system. Guess what? They killed the system after 5 years and everyone invested lost their money in lens investments for future bodies. Breaking promises is how the world works Some one who speaks the truth of how the world works is more trustworthy than someone living in fantasy land and lying to everyone telling them how it's supposed to work. You Sir, are an arrogant liar."

Addendum;

"Breaking the promise to people paying for the game was justified and if they don't like it they shouldn't buy the game. End of story. The fans of the game are wrong for thinking that they should've kept their promise."

I think you are conflating the fact that the world is imperfect and people lie and cheat with it's ok to lie and cheat. No shit people do bad things but that doesn't make the all of a sudden justified. If the developer promised a steak key for the game in return for funding the creation of their game then they go and make it epic games store exclusive then they certainly did break their promise and screwed over their loyal fans. 

I think you are conflating the fact that the world is imperfect and people lie and cheat with it's ok to lie and cheat. No shit people do bad things but that doesn't make the all of a sudden justified. If the developer promised a steak key for the game in return for funding the creation of their game then they go and make it epic games store exclusive then they certainly did break their promise and screwed over their loyal fans. 

The developer promised a game to be delivered. At the time the deal took place Epic didn't exist and Steam was really the only distribution platform. The platform changed, but the game was still developed and released to the people who had backed it. They delivered on their promise, but people want to bitch about the packaging that makes no difference to them. No fans were screwed over, they got the same identical final product. Why that's apparently such a fucking terrible thing I don't know. It really reeks of "Oh man, I bought this thing from these guys but they're such assholes. They gave me exactly what I asked for that they said they'd deliver."

Again, the only reason people have an issue with Epic is because it isn't Steam. A shopping cart, useless review system, and forums don't mean anything when I'm buying a game.

Anyways, more of his thoughts;

"You're conflating lies and broken promises to a company changing its mind as to where the game will be released. You're not allowed to be mad at a business changed their mind and delivered a product to the customer at a different location. It's like being mad that it wasn't released at Wal-Mart  and now you have to drive to Target to buy the game. No one said lies and cheating are okay. You can be pissed off at them all you want. (My note again, still highly doubt you were even slightly affected by any of these.) They can be pissed at you for being pissed off. (My note too, a number of devs are actively irritated that people will boycott games because the packaging is slightly different. The Ooblets guys got harassed and had death threats directed at them, which is nice. Signing with Epic and Backlash over signing with Epic for being "entitled" and making a joke post about why they were signing with Epic. ) It doesn't matter. At this point they should just cancel the game and give you your money back. then you'll really be pissed off about them breaking a promise to make a game in the first place."

A really great quote from the Ooblets dev; "It’s also really disappointing to see folks threatening to pirate a game just because they can’t get it on the game launcher they’re used to. Feeling like you’re owed the product of other people’s work on your terms or else you’ll steal it is the epitome of that word “entitlement” that people use to discuss immature, toxic gamers."

This whole thing is really stupid, and to further prove some of my points I have a few things to share.

Here's a negative review on Metro 2033 Redux, that ironically is flipping off the guy who wrote it;

Steam review bombing

Metro 2033 Redux is a perfectly fine game, and given this guys measly 3 hours in the game, it's probably safe to say he doesn't actually give a shit about the series. Other games and their prior titles also got heaps of review bombs dropping the overall incredibly vague Steam score on games that function perfectly, or sometimes even for things like Fez people review bomb it because the dev said a mean thing online.

Here's an article about the vastly more generous 12% share Epic takes over the 30% from Steam, unless you make a shit ton of money and that value drops to 20%. Very generous of you Valve.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/12/steam-now-gives-its-biggest-developers-a-bigger-cut-of-the-revenue/

"In an announcement posted late Friday, Valve said that it would lower its usual 30 percent take to 25 percent for any game's earnings beyond $10 million (including "game packages, DLC, in-game sales, and Community Marketplace game fees"). The platform fee reduces further to 20 percent for earnings that surpass $50 million."

If you read the Ooblets dev post I linked, Epic gave them up front cash, a better profit share, and a minimum guarantee on sales. That's a pretty goddamn sweet deal. And they got death threats for wanting to actually make their game and be profitable.

#Muricaparrotgang

These threads make me lol

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case