Top 3 PC Games of 2019?

GamerBlake

What are everyone’s top 3 games of 2019?

Im curious of what others think and am hoping maybe someone will help me find my next game to play.

Ill start with my top 3:

#1 - Resident Evil 2 (remake).

#2 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

#3 - Devil May Cry 5.

Honorable mention: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. This might have made it on my Top 3 but to be honest I haven’t gotten far enough into the game to decide if it’s a great game or not yet.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Don't think I've played a current-year game since Witcher 3 and GTA V.  Everything's been pretty blah for a few years.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I dont realy have a top 3, but

The Outer Worlds was a nice experience.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1) Enderal: Forgotten Stories

2) Mindustry

3) Outer Worlds

I edit my posts more often than not

18 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Don't think I've played a current-year game since Witcher 3 and GTA V.  Everything's been pretty blah for a few years.

2019 in my opinion was a great year for video games. If you’re into action/survival horror/single player type games I highly recommend checking out Resident Evil 2. They even have a free demo that lets you play the game for 30 minutes to see if you like it and want to buy it.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

1 hour ago, GamerBlake said:

2019 in my opinion was a great year for video games. If you’re into action/survival horror/single player type games I highly recommend checking out Resident Evil 2. They even have a free demo that lets you play the game for 30 minutes to see if you like it and want to buy it.

Survival games aren't my thing, but it has been for the industry for a few years hence my lack of current-year playtime of any games.  I absolutely hate scavenging for anything.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

49 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Survival games aren't my thing, but it has been for the industry for a few years hence my lack of current-year playtime of any games.  I absolutely hate scavenging for anything.

I wouldn’t exactly say it’s “scavenging”.

With RE2 almost every item in the game is found along the normal route of the story itself so you find it as you go along instead of having to scavenge around looking for it.

Devil May Cry 5 is also another good game and there aren’t really any items to scavenge for in that game either.

Same with Sekiro.

That i bought or owned?

1. Dirt Rally 2.0

2. Outward

3. Hades

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 1/7/2020 at 5:21 AM, Samfisher said:

I agree...maybe I'm just getting old but it's hard to get excited about the latest game when everything seems like 'rinse and repeat'. I used to love Madden but have really grown tired of every game essentially being the same (and EA wanting $60 for their 'new' exciting version)

The Witcher 3 is still amazing...I've decided to play through it again after I finished the game about 4 years ago. I've lately gotten into VR games, but really the only VR game I truly enjoy is star trek bridge crew. It doesn't have the most amazing graphics/gameplay but I like the teamwork aspect. Elite Dangerous VR is pretty amazing too but probably the most frustrating game I've ever tried to learn.

3 minutes ago, steelo said:

I agree...maybe I'm just getting old but it's hard to get excited about the latest game when everything seems like 'rinse and repeat'.

Give Outward a try if  you haven't. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

5 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Give Outward a try if  you haven't. 

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I've heard of 'Onward' but not 'Outward' LOL

edit: Just checked it out on youtube...My impression is, it looks like The Witcher meets World of Warcraft. I may just get this when I can find it on sale ?

Uh.....

Well a +1 on this, I really enjoyed my playthrough, need to go at it again:

On 1/7/2020 at 6:19 AM, Praesi said:

The Outer Worlds was a nice experience.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider wasn't this year, was it? That was a nice playthrough as well, but IIRC that came out in 2019. ?

JFO has been pretty cool, but I dislike the combat (it's great until there's a small space or more than a few enemies/something with a long reach, then the camera and animations seem reaaaally fuckin terrible, I can't actually move or see properly). Stuck playing it on easiest difficulty so you don't yeet the controller gang ?. Outside of combat the game is very noice though, especially once you get more mobility options like the double jump. Puzzles are quite nice too, and the locations are a m a z i n g (though honestly fuck dathomirNoth why the hell does this game need so many spiders). 

OOooooooooo Untitled Goose Game came out 2019 as well! That's an excellent game, though I haven't been on my Switch all that much (and when I have I've been trying my hand at Pokemon until I get fed up and hop to BOTW which is basically my gamer comfort food at this point). 

Div 2 came out in 2019 as well apparently, that's a gorgeous game but eeeh... never really got into it. More into Destiny 2, but that originally launched in 2017 (DLCs have massively overhauled the game though and they re-launched most of the base/part of the updated game as a free version labeled New Light so maybe it counts?). 

Nothing else I can think of from 2019 that I play. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Uh.....

Well a +1 on this, I really enjoyed my playthrough, need to go at it again:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider wasn't this year, was it? That was a nice playthrough as well, but IIRC that came out in 2019. ?

JFO has been pretty cool, but I dislike the combat (it's great until there's a small space or more than a few enemies/something with a long reach, then the camera and animations seem reaaaally fuckin terrible, I can't actually move or see properly). Stuck playing it on easiest difficulty so you don't yeet the controller gang ?. Outside of combat the game is very noice though, especially once you get more mobility options like the double jump. Puzzles are quite nice too, and the locations are a m a z i n g (though honestly fuck dathomirNoth why the hell does this game need so many spiders). 

OOooooooooo Untitled Goose Game came out 2019 as well! That's an excellent game, though I haven't been on my Switch all that much (and when I have I've been trying my hand at Pokemon until I get fed up and hop to BOTW which is basically my gamer comfort food at this point). 

Div 2 came out in 2019 as well apparently, that's a gorgeous game but eeeh... never really got into it. More into Destiny 2, but that originally launched in 2017 (DLCs have massively overhauled the game though and they re-launched most of the base/part of the updated game as a free version labeled New Light so maybe it counts?). 

Nothing else I can think of from 2019 that I play. 

I have the Division 2 and although the graphics are really sharp, it's just not my thing...I only downloaded it because it was included with my AMD card. I get really bored with shooter games like COD quickly. Gears 1,2,3 were incredible (I remember staying up all night with friends playing horde mode) but pretty much went downhill after that...

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

I have the Division 2 and although the graphics are really sharp, it's just not my type of game. I get really bored with shooter games like COD quickly. Gears 1,2,3 were incredible but pretty much went downhill after that...

For me there just... isn't all that much in Div 2. Like some different guns, uh poisin gas and some guys with bats who are bad and DC is a wreck. Guess I jive more with Destiny's sci-fi lore, and the gear is often hella pretty so I have the motivation to collect it. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

10 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

For me there just... isn't all that much in Div 2. Like some different guns, uh poisin gas and some guys with bats who are bad and DC is a wreck. Guess I jive more with Destiny's sci-fi lore, and the gear is often hella pretty so I have the motivation to collect it. 

Exactly. It's basically follow the map, shoot people and move on. Yes, you can upgrade weapons (woopdeedoo) but the game still feels very shallow. I know there are people who love guns and shooting games in general. It just doesn't do much for me...LOL

Again, I may just be getting old but I found the menu system in Div 2 to be extremely aggravating. Also I believe you have to be online to play and Ubisoft forcing me to log into my ubisoft account at random and while waiting 2 minutes for each game to load gets tiresome fairly quickly.

That's my old man rant for the day...LOL

14 minutes ago, steelo said:

edit: Just checked it out on youtube...My impression is, it looks like The Witcher meets World of Warcraft. I may just get this when I can find it on sale ?

Yeah get it on sale, it's not a perfect game but i really enjoyed it. More fun to play in coop imo but single player experience is just as good but harder.

No hand holding in this one and remember to drop your backpack when engaging combat. 

14 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Yeah get it on sale, it's not a perfect game but i really enjoyed it. More fun to play in coop imo but single player experience is just as good but harder.

No hand holding in this one and remember to drop your backpack when engaging combat. 

I'm really picky when it comes to survival games...For instance, I love games like TW3, Diablo 3 and Path of Exile,  but couldn't get into Fallout or Bioshock.