USB WIFI Adapters vs PCIE WIFI Adapters?

AidenAK1247

I have a USB WIFI adapter in my desktop and as soon as i tested it i noticed that my speeds were in decimals rather than the 40mbps i would get right next to the router or in other rooms. i can eliminate the fact that this is because of distance because i tried staying at the same distance with my phone and got good speeds,so i came to the conclusion that it was because of the three brick walls. so my question is do pcie WIFI Adapters have better signal strength through brick walls than usb wifi adapters would?

Use an ethernet cable, wifi will always be crappy.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Use an ethernet cable, wifi will always be crappy.

unfortunately ethernet isnt really an option, we're renting so we arent allowed to drill holes in the wall to install a 10 metre cable

2 minutes ago, AidenAK1247 said:

unfortunately ethernet isnt really an option, we're renting so we arent allowed to drill holes in the wall to install a 10 metre cable

Just run a white cable along the corner of the wall or baseboard, no need to drill any holes.

They even sell flat ethernet cables.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Just run a white cable along the corner of the wall or baseboard, no need to drill any holes.

They even sell flat ethernet cables.

the room whree my leads is completely seperate from the main house so it would be going outdoors also an ethernet cable would kinda be messy

2 minutes ago, AidenAK1247 said:

the room whree my leads is completely seperate from the main house so it would be going outdoors also an ethernet cable would kinda be messy

Bury it?

If it's separate from the main house wifi is gonna be even more crap.

Usually PCIe adapters are much better than USB tho.

Spoiler