Pls suggest a 30-40$ CPU Cooler!

Toynbee

Title... ill be using with Ryzen 5 3600 and will not OC

EDIT: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO is 42$ and seems really good on internet...any ideas?

Edited by Toynbee

Just use the stock cooler and see if it works out first?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Any special reason for getting aftermarket cooler for that price range? Usually such small upgrades aren't worth it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Idk abt CPU coolers and I'm kinda new here, so I'm taking info off the CPU cooling tier list (IDK if it's accurate or not), also I live in China, but the ID-cooling frostflow 120 is around $25 USD here, and it's rated as tier three on the CPU cooler tier list.

Again- IDK anything abt CPU coolers and I'm getting info from the CPU cooling tier list.

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Any special reason for getting aftermarket cooler for that price range? Usually such small upgrades aren't worth it.

What do you mean "small upgrade". I'm assuming he's coming from the stock cooler. A 40$ cooler will run way cooler (easily around 15-20 degrees less under load) and probably quieter.

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

the stock cooler is pretty bad as i saw in almost every review

7 minutes ago, Toynbee said:

the stock cooler is pretty bad as i saw in almost every review

Since you will not OC, are you then looking for less noise or better looks? And isn't stock with RGB where as you need to pay extra to get same on aftermarket cooling.

25 minutes ago, dtp23 said:

What do you mean "small upgrade". I'm assuming he's coming from the stock cooler. A 40$ cooler will run way cooler (easily around 15-20 degrees less under load) and probably quieter.

Well, that depends on cooler. But definitely not over 15C, and hardly over 10C change. This https://www.techspot.com/review/1875-ryzen-3900x-wraith-prism-rgb-vs-liquid-cooler/ shows that 20C difference between stock and top of the line triple rad. So for non-OC the benefits would be just with bit less noise (which could be achieved with little tweaking) and looks (from black and RGB to black and no RGB generally). Which makes the question, what is OP looking for as most of the time going for aftermarket at that price range would be bit pointless.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Since you will not OC, are you then looking for less noise or better looks? And isn't stock with RGB where as you need to pay extra to get same on aftermarket cooling.

Well, that depends on cooler. But definitely not over 15C, and hardly over 10C change. This https://www.techspot.com/review/1875-ryzen-3900x-wraith-prism-rgb-vs-liquid-cooler/ shows that 20C difference between stock and top of the line triple rad. So for non-OC the benefits would be just with bit less noise (which could be achieved with little tweaking) and looks (from black and RGB to black and no RGB generally). Which makes the question, what is OP looking for as most of the time going for aftermarket at that price range would be bit pointless.

Why are you linking stuff related to the Wraith Prism? OP has a 3600, his stock cooler is is the much lesser Wraith Stealth.

And I can attest personally (across 2 different systems with a 3600, before I get told that it was mounted incorrectly or other variance) that the difference between the Wraith Stealth and a 40$ cooler is precisely what I said it is. I'm speaking from personal experience. I've seen how it compares to 3 different cheap aftermarket coolers - a Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim, A Hyper 212 RGB and an Antec C400. The latter two are miles ahead of the stock cooler and even the first one, while being a small 3 heatpipe cooler, performed significantly better.

4 minutes ago, dtp23 said:

Why are you linking stuff related to the Wraith Prism? OP has a 3600, his stock cooler is is the much lesser Wraith Stealth.

Because that was only review with good comparison I could find.

4 minutes ago, dtp23 said:

And I can attest personally (across 2 different systems with a 3600, before I get told that it was mounted incorrectly or other variance) that the difference between the Wraith Stealth and a 40$ cooler is precisely what I said it is. I'm speaking from personal experience. I've seen how it compares to 3 different cheap aftermarket coolers - a Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim, A Hyper 212 RGB and an Antec C400. The latter two are miles ahead of the stock cooler and even the first one, while being a small 3 heatpipe cooler, performed significantly better.

I would love to see actual screenshots or graphs. This sounds really interesting, and actually bit odd considering how these things are with older Ryzen and Intel side. I would still first see what stock can do and decide later. Unless there's really killer deal on coolers during upcoming weekend. But thats just me as I rarely buy without real need.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Because that was only review with good comparison I could find.

I would love to see actual screenshots or graphs. This sounds really interesting, and actually bit odd considering how these things are with older Ryzen and Intel side. I would still first see what stock can do and decide later. Unless there's really killer deal on coolers during upcoming weekend. But thats just me as I rarely buy without real need.

The Prism is a significantly beefier cooler. The Stealth doesn't even have heatpipes.

I can't provide my own screenshots\graphs because I've replaced the cooler on both systems and won't reinstall it but there's plenty of cooler reviews out there that include the Wraith Stealth in the comparison charts.

For example here's ponchato's review of the Arctic Freezer 34 Duo that OP mentioned -

It's 20c cooler under load in his test than the Wraith Stealth. Even 20$ cooler like the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 blow it out of the water. It's consistent with my own experience and a bunch of others that I've read online which is why I bought 40$ coolers in the first place.

And yeah, it's not like the stock cooler will fry your CPU. I'll be honest the main reason I got rid of it was the noise. If you're on a tight budget it's worth giving it a shot.

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

im looking for performance and the noise is non issue.

i want to keep my cpu for like 6 year at least. will not be a window case. is a fractal design core 3500....

upgrading from 4460 thats pretty old

33 minutes ago, Toynbee said:

im looking for performance and the noise is non issue.

i want to keep my cpu for like 6 year at least. will not be a window case. is a fractal design core 3500....

upgrading from 4460 thats pretty old

Look for those Black Friday deals. I'm surprised that 3rd gen stock cooler is so bad when gen 1&2 it was very good. You really don't/shouldn't need more than that for stock operation. CPUs are designed to last, even with stock cooling. PS. I have 4770K and no plans to upgrade.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Look for those Black Friday deals. I'm surprised that 3rd gen stock cooler is so bad when gen 1&2 it was very good. You really don't/shouldn't need more than that for stock operation. CPUs are designed to last, even with stock cooling. PS. I have 4770K and no plans to upgrade.

Man black friday is fake in my country. No real discounts. Is no money issue. I just dont wanna trow money for no reason for high end stuff. Dismissing return is a bitch

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

The '3rd gen' stock cooler isn't particularly worse than earlier ones in regards to performance. There's just a large gap in performance between coolers in the Wraith lineup and 3rd gen cpus tend to boost more aggressively and hit higher temps given the same cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would not bother with the wraith stealth. The cheapest improvements: Deepcool Gammaxx400, ID Cooling SE-214X, SE-213V2, or Arctic Freezer 34 (the plain one, which is ~22bucks) 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )