My ISP called...

Judahnator

Nearly all ISP's send those messages to people, it's never stopped me or anyone else I know. You'll be fine, the cost of drafting their own letter of demand will cost them more than anything you can get sued for when it comes to recreational torrenting.

edit: assuming they actually are stupid enough to pursue legitimate legal proceedings and are not just sending bullshit scare-notices to people.

If they called they know you were doing something illegal they just pulled you over and gave you a warning so to speak. Consider it a cool ISP you have because if they were strict they would of just kicked you off because they can also get taken down by allowing you to download illegal content if they do nothing about it after they are warned. Warning come from the content owners who first complain to who ever owns the IP address they just tracked (aka ISP) then its up to the ISP to track down who of their customers is being a naughty customer.

If it truly was not you them maybe someone else in your home or if you have wifi, possibly someone who latched on to do the dirty deed.

End of the story consider yourself lucky to of not been cut off even if you were not doing something illegal as someone was on that IP address. You think they like to even get off their chair to pick up the phone to call you? Nope, they don't want to even move a finger so something crawled up their rear to make them get off theirs to call you.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Just out of curiosity, where are you from?

Moscow ID, my ISP is Cactus International.

I think for now i will ignore this and see what happens

~Judah

Moscow ID, my ISP is Cactus International.

I think for now i will ignore this and see what happens

Oh ...interesting. 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Haha they told you to delete what you downloaded because 'someone' wants to sue you?

So essentially, they are encouraging you to destroy evidence.

This is a prank/ phishing situation, that would never happen.

Or your parents might try to freak you out to free up bandwith for themselves  :D

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why is that?

Cause I torrent in the US. Was just wondering if I was going to get in any trouble.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Seems suspicious, id just wait...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Dude... That exit node is the problem for sure. You're basically agreeing to take responsibility for thousands of other people's network traffic, whatever the contents. Set it up as a relay like someone else suggested.

Fractal Core 1000. Rosewill Capstone 450. EVGA P55 Micro. i5-750 @4.0 Ghz. Hyper 212+. EVGA GTX 670. 2x 4GB Corsair Vengance 1600. Corsair Force 120. Misc storage drives.

Okay lets take a look.. over 100+ torents and 40GB++ i downloaded all games But my isp didnt contact me, and i have been doing it for yeaars! Indonesia's ISP rule.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I'm pretty sure I get one of these emails a month from Comcast. And have been for about 3 years. I don't torrent as much as I used to, but I'm not gonna worry about it until the black suburbans show up at my house.

My Timewaster: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz 1.19v, Asus P8Z77-V, Noctua NH-D14, Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, 16 GB Corsair Vengance, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, HAF 912, Logitech G710+, G700

You should give less fucks then I give, if that is technically possible.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I'm fairly sure this is nothing but a big scam. Don't give any information to people calling you with these claims. If you did nothing wrong, there's nothing to worry about. If you did something wrong, it's nearly iimpossible to prove it. If you have a TOR exit node, your IP gets logged on stuff happening inside the TOR network, but that doesn't mean it's you that did anything wrong. Get some evidence that you have had an exit node (something like an event log) and shut down the node.

Uuuuh I would LOVE to get a call like that from my ISP I would go apeshit on them, picket their fucking offices, the works. But alas, here in Mexico they all but advertise the Internet Services as lovely ways to get piracy. Seriously they're just shy of saying "you can get blazing fast speeds so you can download your favorite movies and games and umm...save lots of money! *wink* *wink*" Not only that this being a weaker economy they know that this is a middle-class and up affair, most people are just barely getting to know the internet via their prepaid phones or cyber coffees only a handful can actually afford a laptop or desktop at home, so if they try to pull off things like bandwidth caps people would just laugh off and say "hahaha really? My nephew can crack Wifi signals and sells unlocked cable modems that can steal that shit anyways, I'm not paying you a goddamn thing anymore if you "cap" anything"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Run!

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Scam ALL DAY!.......There is no way you ISP is sitting a observing what you download. Some will forward empty threats from hollywood lawyers but thats it.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Ask your ISP to tell you exactly what illegal content u got from the internet and then sue them for breach of privacy.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I never torrent illegal content (except anime, but I have no other means of obtaining if possible I will support the studio by buying the product though) I usually torrent linux distros or a game mod or something 

This, I only torrent anime but I really can't be held liable. It's just from fansub groups, and it's usually anime that isn't even released here yet :P

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Thankfully where I live I have choices of 2 isps that have similar pricing and bandwith here, so if one called me up complaining about something like that, I would just say" nice doing business with you but I am going to your competition now because of this."  To bad we are not like south korea were the majority of people have a choice between half a dozen or more isps. Corporate America hates competition though, if they had it their way it would all be one big monopoly with complete price and wage control. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

This, I only torrent anime but I really can't be held liable. It's just from fansub groups, and it's usually anime that isn't even released here yet :P

I know I can't wait two years just to watch a small budget show and alot of the time it doesn't even see a western release :P

Tell them to show you this "illegal content" you have downloaded and when they can't provide it say "good luck with that lawsuit then"

CPU: Intel i5 4670(non K) Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (2x4Gb) @1600Mhz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC WF3 ~1293Mhz max boost clock~ PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair 300R Windowed Edition OS: Windows 8.1

change your provider and next time use private trackers ;p

I do support the TOR network though. I dont use it much, i just have it setup to be an exit node. Is it possible someone downloaded copy-protected material through me and my ISP saw that?

Not sure why nobody's mentioned this yet. As much as I love and support TOR this is most likely what raised flags to your ISP.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn