Warping Images on Status Updates

jiyeon
Go to solution Solved by jiyeon,
4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i think that might be it. i remember looking at a few of my threads with resized images on my phone and noticed they're not maintaining aspect ratio (even when forcing them by manually entering the height)

Okay great, I went ahead and looked at previous status updates and it turns out 'Keep Original Aspect Ratio' was unticked for my most recent ones. Not sure how I didn't notice that nor why it was disabled as I never touched it.

image.png.a7d1dc16aad14e6e61faea14fdf0f09c.png

Thank you! :D

Hi, so I'm back with a status update issue, but this time it's to do with the warping of images.

When I say 'warped', I mean this:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f881da243dbebe597045d70b0835e3a2.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.73c63ef5252e74ab8dc664522d67cfa3.png

Here's what the above status updates are meant to look like/what they usually look like:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.11589340ea86ef1c71f0e4bc88586dd7.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3733d898e9c76c983c468787227b196c.png

This only happens if I've resized my window to accodomate more vertical real estate.

I also tried in Edge and it too occurred:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4a1ca7fd0e53444bf07019b93d2788b4.png

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it's kind of annoying with only my most recent updates being affected by this warping.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Status update life is a struggle.

I have the same problem on your status updates, other people's are fine though...

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

I have the same problem on your status updates, other people's are fine though...

Just mine? The forum really doesn't like my lubed switches...

Strangely I have also seen these warped images, however I've only noticed it on @sowon updates. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

was it resized in the text editor? o_o just to compare notes

I have always resized my images to 1000px and they've never experienced warping up until now.

Guess it's time to stop resizing?

4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i think that might be it. i remember looking at a few of my threads with resized images on my phone and noticed they're not maintaining aspect ratio (even when forcing them by manually entering the height)

Okay great, I went ahead and looked at previous status updates and it turns out 'Keep Original Aspect Ratio' was unticked for my most recent ones. Not sure how I didn't notice that nor why it was disabled as I never touched it.

10 minutes ago, sowon said:

It's meant to be checked by default, so I will look into that. I also don't think it should break even when that option isn't checked, so I will take that up with IPS.

HTTP/2 203

Just to check, are you sure that the box wasn't checked by default?

HTTP/2 203

11 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Just to check, are you sure that the box wasn't checked by default?

I'm pretty sure the box wasn't checked by default as I never touch the box.

I noticed in my newest status update, with my usual step of resizing the image to 1000px, that the checkbox was ticked for both of the images, so it very well could have been me not noticing I unchecked the box on my few previous updates, and it remained unchecked until I noticed it wasn't checked.

Is there a reason that the unchecked option exists in the first place? I don't see any reason why people would want to voluntarily warp their images out of the fixed aspect ratio like I experienced.

1 hour ago, sowon said:

Is there a reason that the unchecked option exists in the first place? I don't see any reason why people would want to voluntarily warp their images out of the fixed aspect ratio like I experienced.

The intention is not (as far as I know) to cause the aspect ratio to get squashed as the page resizes. It is supposed to mean that you only change the width in that dialog, and the height will be adjusted accordingly - the aspect that you select there should then be retained.

HTTP/2 203