The LMG Lounge is FINALLY Done

nicklmg
11 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

There are too many links to mention here. Just check the YouTube description if you're interested :D

Too many links you say?

Spoiler

Image result for 8 link smash

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Having a blade center myself, I would partly recommend not having it even remotely close to the LAN center. (I have an HP blade center myself, and it can be heard through more then just one wall...)

Though, 16 dual CPU systems is a fair bit of performance, especially when it only needs 14U, downside is installing GPUs in blade servers is far from cheap, nor fun...

But it would be fun lugging it to a BYOC LAN sometime and ask for literal 3 phase power...

Also, maybe you guys should switch to using 220 volt with the type F socket. (I would use the type F socket due to how readily available it is (Most of Europe uses it) and it is rated for 250 volts 16 amps. And it is a lot more sturdy then the type A socket....)

1 minute ago, Nystemy said:

Having a blade center myself, I would partly recommend not having it even remotely close to the LAN center. (I have an HP blade center myself, and it can be heard through more then just one wall...)

Obviously they're just setting themselves up for Whole LAN Center Water Cooling (Parts 1-10 coming soon!)

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

2 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Obviously they're just setting themselves up for Whole LAN Center Water Cooling (Parts 1-10 coming soon!)

Well, I wouldn't complain about another whole room water cooling setup.

Maybe also make it a desk PC at the same time? But a really long one with 12-16 computers and do that thing Linus talked about on the WAN show a while ago.

Is it really easier/more feasible to move the lounge that has already been built than to adjust it so that it's up to the code?

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Just now, greenhorn said:

@BrianTheElectrician It seems LMG could use your help to figure out how to avoid tripping a breaker again (e.g. telling them how many devices/ what kind of a power draw which circuit could handle) ;) 

Maybe also go for 220 volt instead of just 110-120.
Then the cabling doesn't need to be as heavy for the same rated power.

Could really help with all the overclocking attempts that trips breakers.... (I have only seen American overclockers comment on it as it being a problem. European one's use it more like a bragging point. (European outlets give 230 +/- 20 volts at 16 amps, or 3.6 kW. (Compared to the American 110-120 volt 20 Amp. That struggles to reach 1.5-2 kW due to voltage drop through long cables.)))

If you have to move it upstairs... its not done, right?

part 8: coming soon

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

8 minutes ago, Nystemy said:

Maybe also go for 220 volt instead of just 110-120.
Then the cabling doesn't need to be as heavy for the same rated power.

I agree that this would help, but not all devices are capable of using 220 V out of the box. While most computer PSUs can handle it, I doubt every monitor and other peripheral in the LAN center will be able to. Some people there will also want power outlets for other devices that might not take too kindly to be offered 220 V. I believe there would be a danger of people accidentally using outlets with the "wrong" voltage.

4 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

I agree that this would help, but not all devices are capable of using 220 V out of the box. While most computer PSUs can handle it, I doubt every monitor and other peripheral in the LAN center will be able to. Some people there will also want power outlets for other devices that might not take too kindly to be offered 220 V. I believe there would be a danger of people accidentally using outlets with the "wrong" voltage.

And that is why using a different socket would be recommended, so that only stuff meant to be connected to it can be connected.
Here one can opt for the Type F socket used in most of Europe that uses these higher voltages already.

Though, in terms of devices not supporting it. Most monitors, USB power supplies (phone chargers), servers, printers, and practically anything generally is built for these higher voltages. (One can just read it on the label and it usually states "110-250 volt AC", though for a lot of switch mode power supplies, even the AC part isn't important...)

Though, pure resistive loads like hair dryers on the other hand will pull about 4 times as much power if connected incorrectly to these higher voltages.

11 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

@LinusSebastian would it be fair to say that the real fun of having a cool LAN center/Lounge  is in creating the LAN center/Lounge?   The project itself...

Tagged the wrong guy, the real one is @LinusTech

@LinusTech for the fridge idea, do a best cheap _____ but with refrigerators and place the winner in place of that

✨FNIGE✨

On 7/29/2019 at 5:54 PM, lewdicrous said:

Tagged the wrong guy, the real one is @LinusTech

Oops.   @LinusTech  Looking at this video and others it is like... for you... the project is the point.  Getting it done just good enough and being OK with good enough just isn't your style.