New phone

Zeorth

Hi, I currently have an iPhone 7 and I want a new phone. However I can’t decide which phone to upgrade to. I’m looking for the best bang for your buck. Both an iOS option and Android would be nice. Also, give tips if there are any upcoming phones I should wait for. Thanks in advance. 

I would recommend buying an Xr when the new iPhone will probably be released in september, because it hopefully will get a price drop and it something that comes close to your iPhone 7 in size but its just a performance upgrade.

You can surely go for the Samsung Galaxy S10e, OnePlus 7 Pro, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and the Pixel 3a and the Pixel 3a XL. (Android Options and Bang for Buck)

Secondly, considering your iOS options, you can definitely go for the iPhone 8 and the 8 plus, the iPhone X, the iPhone XR, and the iPhone XS.

Thank You.

1 hour ago, OreoPandas said:

Hi, I currently have an iPhone 7 and I want a new phone. However I can’t decide which phone to upgrade to. I’m looking for the best bang for your buck. Both an iOS option and Android would be nice. Also, give tips if there are any upcoming phones I should wait for. Thanks in advance. 

If you want to get good value Android is the only option honestly. Modern iPhones are way more expensive than they used to be. Best value obviously would be to keep the iPhone 7 for another year or so ?

2 hours ago, NeuesTestament said:

If you want to get good value Android is the only option honestly. Modern iPhones are way more expensive than they used to be. Best value obviously would be to keep the iPhone 7 for another year or so ?

Well, that's value in terms of "lowest possible price," not necessarily the best value for money.

3 hours ago, OreoPandas said:

Given that you're an iPhone user, it'll probably be easier to stick to new iPhones.  If you can hold out for September there will likely be a replacement for the iPhone XR with dual cameras and other upgrades -- that'll probably deliver the most bang for the buck without switching platforms, especially since it should have good battery life.

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

Well, that's value in terms of "lowest possible price," not necessarily the best value for money.

The iPhone 7 still is a fine phone in 2019.

1 hour ago, NeuesTestament said:

The iPhone 7 still is a fine phone in 2019.

It is, but I was referring to the Android phones.  Outside of perhaps the OnePlus 7 Pro it's hard to say that there are phones that deliver a huge bang for the buck versus simply being cheaper.  Even the Pixel 3a, as solid as it is, has some very conspicuous sacrifices to hit that magic price point!

13 hours ago, Commodus said:

It is, but I was referring to the Android phones.  Outside of perhaps the OnePlus 7 Pro it's hard to say that there are phones that deliver a huge bang for the buck versus simply being cheaper.  Even the Pixel 3a, as solid as it is, has some very conspicuous sacrifices to hit that magic price point!

It all depends on your use case. If you don't game, a faster processor, for example, is hardly making a difference so even if the price/performance of a faster device would be better, it might not be worth it for you to spend the extra money.