Best virus protection that doesn’t hinder

I know anti virus has come along way, some better than others. In 2019 is there a decent anti virus software?

thank you :)

Maingear F131 "Ghost Edition" | MSI Z390 | i9 9900k | Gaming Edge | Apex Full Liquid Cooling | 64 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200 MHZ | SLI 2080 RTX Ti |1200 W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | 2 TB NVME WD BLACK | 2 TB NVME m.2 660 p | 4 TB HD | ASUS ROG PG27UQ

i just use windows defender and run malware bytes every other month or so...havent had a issue in years...but then i dont go around clicking everything either lol

if you want free, Windows Defender with the occasional malwarebytes scan really is the best option.

If you want paid, ESET Nod32 is going to be the way to go.

also common sense+adblocker goes a long way

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

6 minutes ago, thedemoncowboy said:

I know anti virus has come along way, some better than others. In 2019 is there a decent anti virus software?

thank you :)

MalwareBytes Premium & CommonSense™ are what I use. Lightweight, reliable, and one of them is fueled by coffee & beer.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Window defender Firewall is enough for most users as long their browser have ad blockers especially older and non tech generation.

Going with Window defender firewall(if window is required) and firefox+Ublock Origin for many of system I have setup for older folks and I don't have much issues. I usually go a install a Linux distro (currently manjaro kde) as most of them only require browser and basic word processing and viewing photos.

Magical Pineapples

some good adblockers, plus windows Defender and updated browsers and you are pretty decently covered, just don't be an idiot.

9 hours ago, desertcomputer said:

Window Firewall is enough for most users as long their browser have ad blockers especially older and non tech generation.

Going with Window firewall(if window is required) and firefox+Ublock Origin for many of system I have setup for older folks and I don't have much issues. I usually go a install a Linux distro (currently manjaro kde) as most of them only require browser and basic word processing and viewing photos.

Sorry, but Windows Firewall block only incoming connections while outgoing are default allowed. Also - is easy to bypass (many programs adds rules automatically).

If you want real firewall - use Comodo and custom ruleset.

32 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Sorry, but Windows Firewall block only incoming connections while outgoing are default allowed. Also - is easy to bypass (many programs adds rules automatically).

If you want real firewall - use Comodo and custom ruleset.

Sorry, I mean window defender lmao.

Magical Pineapples