Google's Internal Culture and HR dysfunction, comply or GTFO

Maxxtraxx

Resistance is futile, You will be assimilated, or you can GTFO.

The stories, examples, testimonies seem to trickle out of Google about their internal toxicity towards anyone who does not conform to company standards dictated by the whim and direction of the full time outrage mob made up of some portion of the company workforce.

Google is a private company, they are free to hold whatever values they like and face the consequences. What will the consequences be for an ultra-liberal workforce working in a vacuum chamber of their own ideas where the most extreme is rewarded and dissent is silenced, scared and fired? What does that mean for anyone who holds a conservative world view or even a centrist world view? Well as one who does not hold Google's company vision and world view stance I can say that it is disheartening, disappointing and a little frightening given the level of sway, control and power that Google wields in the ability to control and know what I believe, where I am, what I do and what I say.

If another company were in the opposite position ideologically, what would the response be to similar actions within the company?

So I pose another paper, written by a former google employee that testify's to the internal functioning and the response to what would be considered by many to be a centrist or slight right world view and value system.

This topic is profound to me because I find myself very similar in worldview and belief system to the Author, and to have gone through what he did inside a company as prominent as Google would have left me with the same feelings.

The paper can be found HERE

Work isn't a place for your unoriginal opinion on life.  You're there to work

Edit: they are literally paying you so they can tell you what to do

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

4 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

Work isn't a place for your unoriginal opinion on life.  You're there to work

Edit: they are literally paying you so they can tell you what to do

You're probably right, it's perfectly fine to discriminate as long as the company approves of it and you're not discriminating against the current crop of preferred ideological individuals.

But I digress, Google is unimpeachable they can do no wrong, if they say he is in error he must be in error.

Though while I do second the motion that you're there to work, however social interactions that happen inside of the place where we spend most of our day are rather unavoidable, and it is rather absurd to assume that social interactions are not apart of work.

I got about a third of the way through that "Post" - and, well? Yes, they should 100% have policies against hate speech. Take the example of the employee who was "warned" about his own comments in support of Jordan Peterson's views against transgenders and transgender pronouns? Yeah - if Transgender people work at Google, and you're posting stuff on the internal boards about how you don't approve of their existence or the way they choose to call themselves (Calling themselves a Woman, when they were born male, for example) - yeah... no shit you're going to get in trouble for that.

Free speech is great - but when your speech starts to affect the life of another employee, that's not okay. That wouldn't fly in many companies. Nor should it.

On the flip side, if people are making comments about how they think all conservatives are scum sucking evil people who should be killed? Yes, you also have the right to report that to your superiors.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, Maxxtraxx said:

Though while I do second the motion that you're there to work, however social interactions that happen inside of the place where we spend most of our day are rather unavoidable, and it is rather absurd to assume that social interactions are not apart of work.

"Not on my watch!"

Spoiler

jeff-bezos-vs-ami-pecker.jpg?crop=900:60

Have to agree - work is work.

I work in an office full of...people without my ideology. 

So I have two options - STFU, or be an outcast. 

So I STFU and work.  I really don't care about their opinions anyway.  And if my bosses bosses boss is a Snowflake - play them like the tool they are, use some psychology here folks!

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Ots finecto have views its not fine for your personal views to affect others at work.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

This is sorta unrelated to Google but something some large companies are doing is that if you say something online someone might find offensive and that's brought to attention of that company's HR department you could be written up or fired for saying something on your private time on your private social media is still some how representing that company by virtue of employment is terrifying.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

It's scary to think that huge companies that have a direct effect on internet free speech have so many people who subscribe to extreme political views. 

Hopefully, these articles are over-exaggerated for the sake of clicks. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

32 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

This is sorta unrelated to Google but something some large companies are doing is that if you say something online someone might find offensive and that's brought to attention of that company's HR department you could be written up or fired for saying something on your private time on your private social media is still some how representing that company by virtue of employment is terrifying.

This is basically standard procedure for any large company. Most have a social media policy that you agree to upon accepting a job offer.

The typical rules are "Don't say anything stupid that will embarrass the company" - and that includes things that are overly offensive.

People can say stupid or offensive things, as long as they do so anonymously. But if your employer finds out - don't be upset if they fire you over it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)