Best System Information Tools

I'm a bit new to this area of delving into PC systems.  I've recently downloaded the AIDA64 Extreme trial, but I thought I'd ask you guys your opinion as far as system info tools go.  Of course I'd prefer freeware, but I'll pay if I find it handy.  You can list any other awesome tools in your swiss army knife too if you like.

3 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

HwInfo is a good tool.

Nah,  More like Aida64

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

MSi Afterburner, CPU-Z, GPU-Z...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I really appreciate the rapid responses guys.

Depends what you are after. HWiNFO is for checking every spec possible. But if you need to do stress testing, test drive speeds or view drive usage in more detail, you need other tools. HWiNFO is the one to be used for temps, voltages, usage % etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

LogicalDRM, I would be interested in those other tools if you could list them.  Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Ryman5511 said:

LogicalDRM, I would be interested in those other tools if you could list them.  Thanks.

Be sure to press the 'quote' button when replying to users so they get a notification of your reply :) :

image.png.f7ab96e2613b71bb7da3c61e61fa5a3c.png

Tools for testing would include

CPU: Aida64 (as you mentioned) for a stresstest, Cinebench for a benchmark

GPU: Furmark if you absolutely need to know the max temp for a GPU or want to see if it is stable.. But I don't recommend it anymore, I would much rather recommend any of the 3DMark benchmarks (Steam's demo version does all you need for basic testing - it's a GPU and CPU gaming benchmark)

HDD/SSD: CrystalDiskMark. Nothing really special to say about it, other than it tests your drive.

Userbenchmark is actually quite decent in packing all these sorts of benchmarks together, but take the results compared to other similar systems with a grain of salt.

I have just kind of seen that some of the results in the Userbenchmark database are kinda wacky. As in sometimes the numbers are just way too low, which may be indicative of the user running other software while doing the test, which of course lowers the score..

Stresstest vs. Benchmark:

A stresstest is there to.. Stress the PC and see if it is stable in the 'worst conditions', while a benchmark more closely evaluates performance in more realistic scenarios. They both have a place in troubleshooting, depending on what you need to test.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Be sure to press the 'quote' button when replying to users so they get a notification of your reply :) :

image.png.f7ab96e2613b71bb7da3c61e61fa5a3c.png

You know, I thought I recognized that symbol as the standard for the reply option, yet the hovering info said "quote" which I felt not completely necessary and didn't realize it meant "reply with quote from this message and notify user of your reply".  A little extra brain power on my part might have guessed that.  Yet as interface developers are we to expect our customers to guess, possess powers of intuition, and wade through endless menu layers all because we possess a disdain for those so challenged?  /Rant end.  Thank you for helping me become a better user.

There's way too many to list really

Hirenboot is a compilation of tools but it requires booting to it