Will 32 GB be future proof enough

2 minutes ago, thedemoncowboy said:

Well based off my current pc specs I’ve gotten to 19 so far but that’s with a shit ton of stuff open

I just don’t want to regret not getting it lol. I’m lazy. I don’t want to upgrade and upgrade 

Yeah it's more than enough like literally you still have 13gb's left and I don't find any reason to reccomend a 64gb for your current use. 

-Threads Merged-

@thedemoncowboy Please do not create multiple threads asking the same question. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Help 

Maingear F131 "Ghost Edition" | MSI Z390 | i9 9900k | Gaming Edge | Apex Full Liquid Cooling | 64 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200 MHZ | SLI 2080 RTX Ti |1200 W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | 2 TB NVME WD BLACK | 2 TB NVME m.2 660 p | 4 TB HD | ASUS ROG PG27UQ

Whether you decide you need 32gb or 64gb in your system, please, for the love of God, don't go paying an extra $400 for an extra 32gb of RAM. That's a complete rip-off.

If you want to upgrade your RAM capacity then just buy it yourself and spend the 10 seconds it takes to pop it into place. You'll save a lot of money.

And here's me wondering if I should aim for 192GB or not.

I have my reasons and they're pointless, but RAM is cheap :)

20 hours ago, thedemoncowboy said:

Cause I have 32 GB VENGENCE but I can upgrade to 64 but if it’s pointless then I can use the $500 towards other shit 

No reason AT ALL to get 64GB. Super overkill, unless you are doing 4K video editing, or working on extremely large files.

For your usage: 32GB is already overkill.

2 hours ago, thedemoncowboy said:

I don’t know if 32Gb Will be “enough” for future proofing ... I know I’ve asked before but I keep getting told 64 GB is the better way to go. Then people say 32 GB is overkill and 64 is x2 the amount of overkill....

Who says you need 64GB? Literally nobody I have seen so far.

RAM is one of the easiest things to upgrade later on anyway. So save your money now. And 10 years from now, when people MAYBE use 64GB of RAM, upgrade then. But by then you probably have two new computers already.. so yeah...

If you really have money burning a hole in your pocket (which you clearly do, with that system and these questions) get a second 2080Ti.

2 hours ago, maartendc said:

Who says you need 64GB? Literally nobody I have seen so far.

RAM is one of the easiest things to upgrade later on anyway. So save your money now. And 10 years from now, when people MAYBE use 64GB of RAM, upgrade then. But by then you probably have two new computers already.. so yeah...

If you really have money burning a hole in your pocket (which you clearly do, with that system and these questions) get a second 2080Ti.

Definitely don’t have that type of money 

Maingear F131 "Ghost Edition" | MSI Z390 | i9 9900k | Gaming Edge | Apex Full Liquid Cooling | 64 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200 MHZ | SLI 2080 RTX Ti |1200 W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | 2 TB NVME WD BLACK | 2 TB NVME m.2 660 p | 4 TB HD | ASUS ROG PG27UQ

8 hours ago, thedemoncowboy said:

So my main uses are school, and gaming, some YouTube video and light editing. 

I have a 2080 RTX TI, i9 9900k, — 

Schooling usually has me with Microsoft word, and maybe 10-20 windows open for IE, google chrome.

I don’t know if 32Gb Will be “enough” for future proofing ... I know I’ve asked before but I keep getting told 64 GB is the better way to go. Then people say 32 GB is overkill and 64 is x2 the amount of overkill....

im fucking perplexed as to what I do.

16 GB is totally fine 32 GB is overkill

go with 32 gb if you dont care about wasting a bit of money

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

On 5/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, trevb0t said:

Have you ever topped like 12..?

Most games use 5-6GB realistically, with some heavier titles getting up over 8 or so. 

Really 16 is a gaming PC. 32 is for heavy production purposes. 

Yes I use Cakewalk by BandLab DAW.  I love my 64GB in quad channel and what not.  But ya a future proof is not the right thing to say.  There are people here like me who run a DAW or run professional video editing 4k 2 hour movies then yes 32GB would be nice.  But all you do is play games and standard pc stuff.  16GB is the sweet spot.  Unless you want to run a sh*T load of Virtual Machines.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

33 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Yes I use Cakewalk by BandLab DAW.  I love my 64GB in quad channel and what not.  But ya a future proof is not the right thing to say.  There are people here like me who run a DAW or run professional video editing 4k 2 hour movies then yes 32GB would be nice.  But all you do is play games and standard pc stuff.  16GB is the sweet spot.  Unless you want to run a sh*T load of Virtual Machines.

That falls into the heavy production category as stated above lol. 

On 5/13/2019 at 7:38 AM, BleachedFur said:

apologies about spelling mistakes I have a $1200 laptop with a $2 keyboard

I don't see why you apologies and suddenly mention you have a $1200 laptop with $2 keyboard? WHERE IS THE MICE!!!???!??

On 5/12/2019 at 11:51 PM, dizmo said:

If you have to ask, you don't need 64GB. You probably don't even need 32GB.

this is the answer

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

On 5/13/2019 at 2:28 PM, MeatFeastMan said:

You'll be fine with 32gb as long as you're not going overboard to the extreme.

Like Aftereffects and sony vegas pro for 4k videos and heavy blender usage

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9