16-Core Ryzen 9 3000 Series ES Sample spotted & Zen 2 is a Memory OC Beast, DDR4-5000 Possible! (Updated)

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I thought of tracking all the rumors for an upcoming product launch before. Write down who said what and when, and then after the product has launched, go back and check how much was correct. 

Maybe I'll do it for the next big product launch. 

you cant do that, for example the engineering sample probably doesnt have the actual products clock.

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

6 minutes ago, Neftex said:

you cant do that, for example the engineering sample probably doesnt have the actual products clock.

?

They were saying that they'd compare the rumors and the leaks to the final product, if said final product comes out, and see what's true.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

?

They were saying that they'd compare the rumors and the leaks to the final product, if said final product comes out, and see what's true.

we have leak of engineering sample

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Leaks of an engineering example maybe existing =/= that product is confirmed

we have a leak of engineering sample, you cant take that leak and say its not true because the final product differs in clock speed for example. is that clear to you now?

Just now, Neftex said:

we have a leak of engineering sample, you cant take that leak and say its not true because the final product differs in clock speed for example. is that clear to you now?

No because you're making an argument that doesn't pertain to anything the person you initially quoted said.

What that person was saying was that they wanted to do this to see, not specifically on this, but on whatever they want, what leaks and rumors were true and which ones weren't.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 hours ago, Hifihedgehog said:

Unless you have 3600 MHz or faster RAM which helps fill the dual-channel bandwidth gap for Ryzen

There is no lack of bandwidth in regular workloads as indocated by the 2990wx

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

No because you're making an argument that doesn't pertain to anything the person you initially quoted said.

What that person was saying was that they wanted to do this to see, not specifically on this, but on whatever they want, what leaks and rumors were true and which ones weren't.

the person i quoted is trying to see if some leaker is correct/incorrect on most of his leaks. and with this you cant then cherry pick the leaks you count

59 minutes ago, Neftex said:

the person i quoted is trying to see if some leaker is correct/incorrect on most of his leaks. and with this you cant then cherry pick the leaks you count

Of course, it's more complicated than that because you would really have to quantify the leaks by sector of the industry because his sources for one area may be much better than sources for another area.

19 hours ago, Tedny said:

not Zen3, but Zen2+ 

Zen2 not zen2+

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 hour ago, Trixanity said:

Sounds like a lot of work with virtually no pay off.

I'd like to be able to point out all the things someone has been wrong whenever people say "X is a reliable source because they have been correct a few times in the past!".

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I'd like to be able to point out all the things someone has been wrong whenever people say "X is a reliable source because they have been correct a few times in the past!".

In this case it's a lot more than a few times but hey if everyone wants to ignore the fact that a leak almost never comes with "proof" of a final product sure. Usually you base your trust of leaks based on a person/outlet's record. Like how everyone shits on wccftech in every thread they come up in for not being so accurate. But if anyone points out someone is accurate we get arguments like this. As if he's been right like 2 times ever and not more than 10 probably just in this leak cycle

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

And, even if they are right over an ES it doesn't really mean much.  It just means that the maker of the ES tested something, and not that it is going into the final product.  It interesting that they tested something at least.  But, we really won't know much about the final product until most likely Computex.  If I remember correctly, AMD also only said they will be revealing new products at Computex, and it's mostly leaks based on what Biostar and a few others have shown by accident.

You're really stuck on this being an ES? The thread is about it being an ES. If intel ever comes up with an interesting cpu it will get coverage even if it's an ES. Look at the 28 core they OC'd to 5GHZ, that may as well have been an ES and was about as accurate as a random leak when it came to what the final product is.

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Because it's going to get overhyped as the final product.  <.<  Which I stated before.

Ok but this is a thread about an ES leak, coming in here and bitching that it's an ES doesnt further the thread in any way

@valdyrgramr what proof do you want? the original leaker coming forth and saying "hey i work for amd, this is my id, my employee card and this is my leak." then proceed to get fired and sued?

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Okay let's move onto the actual topic on hand then.  Where is his proof where is he getting this info?

If you spent even 30 mins looking into him all your questions would be answered. People that follow semiconductors and actual leak sources closely (not people that report on leaks) know he is the real deal.

There's no proof that would satisfy you that he would be willing to leak right now. He's not gonna post cpu-z for the first desktop 16 core to ever come out of AMD on the first mention of it as an ES ever

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well then it's shady as fuck.  Even if I knew who this guy was originally I still wouldn't take it as trustworthy unless he proved it.  I don't take Steve Burke's word as the truth either.  I like to go over his work.  He's done some bad tests before too, but has been right more times than wrong.  But, going off someone's reputation solely isn't smart either.

Real leaks are shady. Apple or Google "forgetting" an iPhone somewhere or "showing up on the subway with the new Pixel" are not real leaks

26 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Isn't it Zen, Zen+, Zen 2, Zen2+, or are they just skipping straight to Zen 3 and not doing tuning this time?

We had zen, ryzen 2000 is zen+ ryzen 3000 is zen2

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

This guy probably doesn't work for AMD.  He most likely is gathering data from bench results that were made public temporarily.  I'd like to see something like that.  Going on twitter and making a claim is shady as fuck if you can't back it up.  And, I don't care who you are unless you give me proof I'm not buying it.

this guy doesnt, but the leaks very well might be from some motherboard manufacturer employee. he wont throw him under the bus just because someone demands proof, he doesnt care what you want.

the whole internet encryption works based on trust, its who you choose to trust that matters.

he trusts his source leaker, other people trust his leak release. its your choice to trust or not.

but youre saying his leak isnt true because you dont have a proof. it goes the other way too, wheres your proof the leak isnt true?

3 minutes ago, Neftex said:

but youre saying his leak isnt true because you dont have a proof. it goes the other way too, wheres your proof the leak isnt true?

Burden of proof is on the one to make the initial claim.

@valdyrgramr is arguing (poorly IMO) that until we have an official announcement or actual product, we shouldn't believe any leaks or rumors. People can make mistakes, people can be wrong, things can still change from now til time of release. 

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Burden of proof is on the one to make the initial claim.

@valdyrgramr is arguing (poorly IMO) that until we have an official announcement or actual product, we shouldn't believe any leaks or rumors. People can make mistakes, people can be wrong, things can still change from now til time of release. 

hes not obligated to prove any of it, this isnt a court (and even in court there are cases where the defendant has to prove he didnt do it instead of the accuser proving he did it)

Just now, Neftex said:

hes not obligated to prove any of it

He is if he expects people to believe it.

1 minute ago, Neftex said:

and even in court there are cases where the defendant has to prove he didnt do it instead of the accuser proving he did it

That is the failing of the court.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

He is if he expects people to believe it.

That is the failing of the court.

he doesnt care if people believe it, he just releases info he got

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

So, you want me to circle jerk over this guy making a vague twitter post?  Got it!

as i said choose who you trust, i dont care if you trust him or not. the issue i have is youre calling it fake while you dont have a proof either, its basically hypocrisy

he doesnt care if people believe it

If he doesn't care, he wouldn't go through any of the effort.

the issue i have is youre calling it fake

I don't see where he explicitly calls it fake. I see where he said that if this leak is true, it still means little to us as this is an engineering sample, which is still highly subject to change.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Exactly.  I'm simply saying that the guy could be right or wrong.  A vague twitter post means nothing unless proven.  Leaking something like this on twitter is for the sake of the attention.  But, if you want me to believe it I need proof, not your resume.

And, ya an ES doesn't mean anything to a consumer it's for corporations, engineers, and at times, reviewers.

yes he could be right or wrong, and thats why you look at the record and see if hes reliable. if his previous leaks are mostly true then you can assume he has good verified sources and consider the next leaks also most likely true.

if someones previous leaks are 100% correct, do you just disregard his new leak as "could be right or wrong"? i wouldnt, unless its batshit crazy and other reliable leaks say otherwise.

again, he doesnt care if you believe it and neither do i. i dont even care for this leak itself