Mentioning just one person seems to break the editor on FF Android

So I have just switched from chrome to Firefox on my phone because I wanted extensions and when chrome didn't have them on android I finally got the motivation to switch.

Pretty quickly found a problem with the forum though, the emotes and mainly the @ mentions seem to break the editor. How do they break the editor? Well if I mention someone @Bananasplit_00

aand then want to delete it, I can't. It will also spit random line breaks at me and double characters sometimes. TX button doesn't seem to fix it.trying to delete more than the latest word can also bring some funky stuff after a mention and the same happens if I press enter after one of these :/ uusually

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Yeah... it has been issue since forum upgraded to this version. Which is why I don't tag while on mobile. You can't delete tagged, editing goes wonkers, cursor jumps more than normally etc. Just easier to not tag at all.

Its been worse, mind you. Like crashing whole frigging browser.

Edited by LoGiCalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just out of curiosity, does Hacker's Keyboard make a difference (assuming you're not on one of those iThings)

Last time the forum had weird editor issues, hacker's keyboard was fine for me since it sent emulated physical keyboard inputs instead of virtual keyboard inputs. Might be worth a shot, and it IS a neat keyboard

42 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yeah... it has been issue since forum upgraded to this version. Which is why I don't tag while on mobile. You can't delete tagged, editing goes wonkers, cursor jumps more than normally etc. Just easier to not tag at all.

Its been worse, mind you. Like crashing whole frigging browser.

Strange that it's only on FF :/

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Just out of curiosity, does Hacker's Keyboard make a difference (assuming you're not on one of those iThings)

Last time the forum had weird editor issues, hacker's keyboard was fine for me since it sent emulated physical keyboard inputs instead of virtual keyboard inputs. Might be worth a shot, and it IS a neat keyboard

I'm using SwiftKey, not opposed to switching it up as long as I can make it black

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Strange that it's only on FF :/

I'm using SwiftKey, not opposed to switching it up as long as I can make it black

Its a very old keyboard but it does have grey and black themes built in.

I'm more curious if it works than anything

I've had issues mentioning people on mobile in general for quite a while and the browser I use on mobile is usually Firefox.

Keyboard I'm using is GBoard.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 4/23/2019 at 1:51 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Its a very old keyboard but it does have grey and black themes built in.

I'm more curious if it works than anything

well now i cant get mentions working reliably at all, with any keyboard. @Bananasplit_00

My tag worked only after i got to the underscore. Hackers keyboard isnt as nice to type on as swiftkey so im going back now that it didnt fix anything

Builds:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well now i cant get mentions working reliably at all, with any keyboard. @Bananasplit_00

My tag worked only after i got to the underscore. Hackers keyboard isnt as nice to type on as swiftkey so im going back now that it didnt fix anything

Weird...

Maybe I'll give FF a shot today and see if I can replicate anything

Happens to me as well on Opera (mobile) with the Japanese G-keyboard, English UK G-keyboard and swiftkey so not just you or FF. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Firefox on Android isn't officially supported by the editor that we use (https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor4/latest/guide/dev_browsers.html), which makes unlikely that it can be fixed without a lot of effort. I do plan to have a look into it at some point and see if there's anything that can be done, but I don't anticipate that being a fast or easy process, and it won't happen for at least a couple of months (with most fixes being months after that). Unfortunately, mobile browsers are just buggier than their desktop equivalents, and especially don't seem to play nicely with the editor.

Unfortunately all I can suggest in the mean time is to use a chrome-based browser on Android, which covers almost all browsers other than Firefox now.

Although it's not much help to you, all browsers on iOS should work, because they're all just skins of Safari.

HTTP/2 203

20 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Unfortunately all I can suggest in the mean time is to use a chrome-based browser on Android, which covers almost all browsers other than Firefox now.

If you know any that don't duck like Chrome. And my other favorite is supposed to be based on Chrome, but works even less (Dolphin).

20 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Although it's not much help to you, all browsers on iOS should work, because they're all just skins of Safari.

Yeah, way to comfort people who are on Android ecosystem.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv