Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Djole123

Galaxy A80 revealed - up, down, round and around

That just looks like adding a lot more complexity to the phone, meaning more stuff to collect dust, dirt, all sorts of stuff, then break. I'd rather a notch than a complicated slide out/flip around setup that breaks over time.

If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

X99 rig:

Spoiler

CPU: 5820K at 4.5-4.6Ghz, working on getting my OC 100% stable
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
Motherboard: EVGA Classified X99
Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator 3200MHz DDR4
Storage: 120GB HyperX Savage SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDDs
GPU: Radeon VII
Case: Corsair Air 540, Black
PSU: EVGA 1000W G3

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

CPU: X5670 at 4.56GHz/1.5v for now, planning to push higher on that voltage

CPU Cooler: Heatkiller IV CPU block and custom loop with 360mm slim rad
Motherboard: EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI X58 motherboard
Memory: 24GB HyperX Savage DDR3 (Red). Running ~1600MHz 10-10-10-28 for now, it'll to 9-9-9-24 but I'm planning to push to 2000MHz, thus the looser timings. 

Storage: ADATA SU800 128GB SSD, HyperX Savage 120GB SSD
GPU: MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti 11G 
Case: Mountain Mods mobo tray, PSU mount off etsy, some rad mounting hardware and a board of plywood and such from Lowes. 
PSU: Corsair RM1000i

Laptop:

Spoiler

Clevo P750TM1-G
Random Celeron, 8700K died so I gotta get my hands on an i5 8400

16GB 2400MHz DDR4

GTX 1070

250GB 960 Evo, 2TB Seagate Firecuda, 1TB Seagate Barracuda Pro

19 minutes ago, floofer said:

Who actually uses headphones with a phone though lets get real. When you’re out and about you get earphones. 

My 1000XM2 would like to have a word 

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

8 hours ago, Nowak said:

For those who care:

No headphone jack or SD card slot.

This doesn't really surprise me. A few of the Galaxy Axx phones have no jack.

Don't know why as the higher end S10 has it alongside the lower end models. So that's odd. 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

16 minutes ago, floofer said:

No one walks around the gym with those or around town, go for a run with them. Phones are portable, wired headphones are not. 

What are wired IEMs then?

1 hour ago, floofer said:

Some knick-knacks that come with phones or for free when you ride on a tour bus. 

Or better quality than any wireless you can buy?

22 hours ago, floofer said:

People who say that just haven’t heard any recent wireless headphones.

You don't account for the price difference. You can probably expect at least a 5x premium for the wireless part and you have to charge them as well. So you have to scale the price for every step of quality. That's going to either a) get expensive or b) be non-existent.

You're also fighting physics here. In order to fit the radio and battery you'd either have to add some wires attached to a unit to remove the bulk from the main product itself or make them excessively large to fit it.  Not to mention if you want smart features you might need a larger chip and microphones. Why does the size matter? Because you generally need larger drivers and housings to produce better audio.

Also, you're at the mercy of the codec used and the compatibility between all links in the chain. So you may end up with heavily compressed audio anyway due to compatibility and the subsequent fallback to the lowest supported standard.

Need I go on? 

2 hours ago, floofer said:

No one walks around the gym with those or around town, go for a run with them. Phones are portable, wired headphones are not. 

I don't run with them. I use them for my daily commute or in lounges or aircraft. 

There are practical uses for earbuds, but they're not for me because I find them uncomfortable. Over-ear cans are much better for what I use them for. 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

There are plenty mid range phones at $200 excuse me?

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

7 hours ago, floofer said:

wired headphones are not.

I can fit my V-Moda M100s in a jacket pocket or leave them hanging on my neck, they're pretty portable.

And 10,000x more convenient than any wireless sets.

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

Pyo.

8 hours ago, floofer said:

Who actually uses headphones with a phone though lets get real. When you’re out and about you get earphones. 

If only there were more compact over ear headphones to take outside. Like the ones that could go on your ear. Oh, I know, let's call them on ear headphones. Best patent them before someone else like every manufacturers ever makes them. Or the idea of good earphones that need proper internals to fully drive them. 

7 hours ago, floofer said:

Most people don't use them in the gym. And those who do use them use mostly wired ones.

I mean that's a good argument: "Imma buy this phone without a headphone jack because I hate using wired ones in the gym." If only normal phones with a headphone jack could connect to those, one can only wish?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

If only normal phones with a headphone jack could connect to those, one can only wish?

Gee, both my Redmi Note 7 and Galaxy Note8 pair nicely with my 1000XM2 with full functionality and they both have headphone jacks.

Shocker

I mean it’s not like they have an additional universal port that just works and don’t require faffing around with dongles to know which are analog and digital and which works.

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

6 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

Gee, both my Redmi Note 7 and Galaxy Note8 pair nicely with my 1000XM2 with full functionality and they both have headphone jacks.

Shocker

I mean it’s not like they have an additional universal port that just works and don’t require faffing around with dongles to know which are analog and digital and which works.

witchcraft!

everybody knows that a round hole on a phone will disrupt the quality of the bluetooth signal. 

There can be only one!

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

42 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

witchcraft!

everybody knows that a round hole on a phone will disrupt the quality of the bluetooth signal. 

There can be only one!

There could be OOONNNNLY OOOOONNNNEEEEE! 

Spoiler

Why are we doing this? XD

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

2 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

There could be OOONNNNLY OOOOONNNNEEEEE! 

Hide contents

Why are we doing this? XD

Spoiler

i don't know, because someone assumed if you can afford this phone, you can get wireless earphones?

Or was it because someone said that cans can't be used on the gym therefore you shouldn't use them with a phone?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

7 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

If only there were more compact over ear headphones to take outside. Like the ones that could go on your ear. Oh, I know, let's call them on ear headphones. Best patent them before someone else like every manufacturers ever makes them. Or the idea of good earphones that need proper internals to fully drive them. 

Most people don't use them in the gym. And those who do use them use mostly wired ones.

I mean that's a good argument: "Imma buy this phone without a headphone jack because I hate using wired ones in the gym." If only normal phones with a headphone jack could connect to those, one can only wish?

5 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Shocker

And even if you are faffing around with dongles.. some people have wired headphones that are amazing quality that they don't want to spend the same amount or more on wireless earbuds to replace.

Desktop: Beshscheiden 2.0:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Crucial | MOBO: ASRock AB350M | GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB | Storage: Inland Professional 256GB PCIe 2x NVMe SSD, Crucial 500GB SSD, WD Blue 2TB HDD, Seagate 2TB HDD | PSU: Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 750W | Case: BitFenix Neos | Keyboard: Logitech G810 | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Monitor: HP Omen 25 | 2nd Monitor: HP 25vx | Speakers: Logitech Z313 | Headset: Logitech G230

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 7559:CPU: Intel Core i5 6300HQ | RAM: 16GB DRR3L | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 4GB | Storage: ADATA 1TB SSD | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Headset: Turtle Beach ZLa

HTPC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G |  | RAM: 8GB Team T-Force Vulcan DDR4 2800MHz | MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac | GPU: XFX Radeon RX 560 4GB | Storage: SanDisk 240GB SSD w/Seagate 1TB SSHD | PSU: Antec EarthWatts Green 650W | Case: AZZA CSAZ-103 Black SECC

On 4/13/2019 at 3:27 AM, floofer said:

If you’re buying a $700 phone I think you can afford some nice wireless buds 

Afford? Yes. Want? NO!