comes to find out its a heating issue lol

Vance44

so i been having problems with video editing and rendering  and computer freezing in the middle of render the more searching i did lead to over heating so...just to get more cooling and test it this is what i did lol 

so with all that extra massive cooling i through some touch editing at it and it was little choppy slow rendering but i didnt really do bad!! .. and it didnt freez! 

the worst of see it get is 92 under heavy cooling? ....so what do i do now? ?

IMG_20190312_232251.jpg

IMG_20190312_235024.jpg

IMG_20190312_235030.jpg

IMG_20190312_235107.jpg

IMG_20190312_235052.jpg

i dont know i guess i'll have to figuer out what i have room for depending on what i find .. . but if i have this big fan on it with whats already in the case dose it really matter what i get when its still getting as hot as about 94? lol 

it gets hott the only thing is tho its not freezing like it was

so what's the best air or water? ... i dont care which one i get i just want to make sure whatever i get dose the job!!! 

if i have all that air blowing on it now with this big fan whats a little fan going to do !?.. ya know what i mean? lol 

so what's better air or water?  i'm undecided 

and i dont have many options for fans in this case :(  might have to buy another case that gives me more van options? :( GRRR 

3 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Did you check the thermal compound application?

Maybe check the cooler if its seated properly and all that basic stuff?

Sometimes the problem is quite simple and don't require you to spend any money...

Also, when did the issue began?

just yesterday only had the computer few days now its brand new ! 

i'm afraid to take the cpu cooler over to check i dont want to start taking all the stuff apart and screw up warranty? 

what are the odds they didn't put any paste on there at all?  or i would have to add more ? 

7 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Probably that won't be an issue. Tho i think you could contact whoever you got the rig from and ask that. Over here there are circumstances where taking anything apart will void warranty. I know, crazy right? But it is what it is. So, idk if that is your situation or not.

Very slim in my opinion. Usually what comes with is enough unless one plans to OC and stuff but when that's the case generally one goes for a better cooling solution outright not just a better thermal compound. Idk where you got the rig from so i can't say.

Did you start doing heavy workloads right when you got the PC? If yes. How was temp back them, any issues?

Or it was just sudden one-day-to-another change without much sense?

Would be a good idea to post your complete specs here as well.

i got it from best buy https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-master-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-series-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-2tb-hdd-240gb-ssd-white/6315148.p?skuId=6315148

about the best i can do get a better cpu cooler and probly just one more fan ? 

would it be a bad idea to use 3m strong adhesive to add more fans? lol  

Changing the paste and reseating the cooler knocked 5C off my rig. That was over 10% improvement in idle temps! Also  I optimise my fan profile and the case temps dropped a little btt my GPU now idles at 27C while CPU idled at 34C in a room that is 22C. All on air cooling too.

I just made sure my CPU fan was set to react to CPU temps and case fans were properly profiled for case temps. 

So so now I am quieter and cooler! But really it just shows how bad I screwed up the fire time I set it up.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I'd check the thermal paste and contact of that stock cooler, and if reinstalling and changing the thermal paste doesn't work, personally I'd get a better tower air cooler as it looks like that comes with a 2700X installed. That way it should be relatively easy to reinstall that stock cooler if anything dies and you have to send it in for warranty.

That's crazy high for the stock cooler.  Its not mounted properly or the TIM is not spread properly imho.  That's not TERRIBLE airflow in that case either, just not optimal.  If its mounted properly, and the TIM is spread properly - than you have an air exhaustion issue as its sitting in its own hot air.

EDIT - I take it back, that looks like terrible airflow (intake) on that case.  You need SP fans given all the restrictions imposed by that tiny slits allows to intake air.

Add a top mounted exhaust for sure.  That way its forcing more air in the case.  Right now you have neutral air pressure (2 in, 1 out, but the 2 in are heavily restricted so may as well be 1 unrestricted intake).  Which means Hot Spots build up, and Hot Spots are the death of silicone.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Do you have any instake fans there? What are your GPU temps?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Do you have any instake fans there? What are your GPU temps?

No they had everything set to blow out so I turned two fans in to suck in air and then the back fan in the back of the tower is set to blow it out the GPU temperatures don't get very hot I think the highest I've seen it is 36 

3 hours ago, Tristerin said:

That's crazy high for the stock cooler.  Its not mounted properly or the TIM is not spread properly imho.  That's not TERRIBLE airflow in that case either, just not optimal.  If its mounted properly, and the TIM is spread properly - than you have an air exhaustion issue as its sitting in its own hot air.

EDIT - I take it back, that looks like terrible airflow (intake) on that case.  You need SP fans given all the restrictions imposed by that tiny slits allows to intake air.

Add a top mounted exhaust for sure.  That way its forcing more air in the case.  Right now you have neutral air pressure (2 in, 1 out, but the 2 in are heavily restricted so may as well be 1 unrestricted intake).  Which means Hot Spots build up, and Hot Spots are the death of silicone.

Yes I turn the two fans on the side in the front in so that it's bringing air in and left the one in the back so that it's blowing air out planned add one more in the back top to blow air out as well when I did this it helped ... As I was telling someone else everybody recommends to check the thermo paste well I did that when I unscrewed my CPU fan when I went to pull it up I ripped the CPU out of the motherboard and I'm pretty sure if you look at it close enough one or two of those tiny little pins on the back of the CPU is bent I got it put back in but now it won't boot up it won't do anything so I'm screwed stuck having to buy a whole new CPU!! 

Very very bad but I guess on the bright side now I get to install a better CPU fan Make sure the thermo paste is good lol 

So how do I figure it out if my CPU is bad or my motherboard is bad? I don't want to just assume it's the CPU buy a new CPU and it's still not boot up? 

3 minutes ago, Vance44 said:

Yes I turn the two fans on the side in the front in so that it's bringing air in and left the one in the back so that it's blowing air out planned add one more in the back top to blow air out as well when I did this it helped ... As I was telling someone else everybody recommends to check the thermo paste well I did that when I unscrewed my CPU fan when I went to pull it up I ripped the CPU out of the motherboard and I'm pretty sure if you look at it close enough one or two of those tiny little pins on the back of the CPU is bent I got it put back in but now it won't boot up it won't do anything so I'm screwed stuck having to buy a whole new CPU!! 

Very very bad but I guess on the bright side now I get to install a better CPU fan Make sure the thermo paste is good lol 

Man that REALLY sucks.  You have to be careful when messing with CPU's and Coolers - I really feel bad for you on this!!!!

1 minute ago, Vance44 said:

So how do I figure it out if my CPU is bad or my motherboard is bad? I don't want to just assume it's the CPU buy a new CPU and it's still not boot up? 

Unless you have a spare CPU or motherboard my guess would be call up a local shop and see if they will test it for you.  If you have bent pins on the CPU itself you could TRY To straighten them but Ive never done it and I cant actually recommend it.  Can you take pictures of the pins and socket?

For future removal when you unscrew a cooler I rock it gently back and forth to loosen up any sort of grip with the TIM and CPU.  Likely the high temps caused the paste to harden and didn't help the situation.

Also the fans that usually come in a PC case or prebuilt are low quality.  If you continue down this path of fixing your thermals you will need better intake fans because the grill on your PC case is so restrictive that a regular A or AF fan will be fighting the whole time trying to get air in, whereas an SP (Static Pressure) fan is built for just this situation.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

20 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Man that REALLY sucks.  You have to be careful when messing with CPU's and Coolers - I really feel bad for you on this!!!!

Unless you have a spare CPU or motherboard my guess would be call up a local shop and see if they will test it for you.  If you have bent pins on the CPU itself you could TRY To straighten them but Ive never done it and I cant actually recommend it.  Can you take pictures of the pins and socket?

For future removal when you unscrew a cooler I rock it gently back and forth to loosen up any sort of grip with the TIM and CPU.  Likely the high temps caused the paste to harden and didn't help the situation.

Also the fans that usually come in a PC case or prebuilt are low quality.  If you continue down this path of fixing your thermals you will need better intake fans because the grill on your PC case is so restrictive that a regular A or AF fan will be fighting the whole time trying to get air in, whereas an SP (Static Pressure) fan is built for just this situation.

I could try taking pictures of it but I doubt it will turn out in the picture ..well in the future I may end up just getting another case and throwing all of my parts in that but in the meantime I can either leave that one side panel off to let air in better or cut a section of that panel out and put a screen in it to help keep dust out that will help airflow as well 

But yes this really sucks I'm pretty sure it's the CPU because if all of those pins don't go back in that could cause it to not power up 

I have a guy in IT that was going to install my M.2 SSD as boot drive for me because I could not get it to take as boot drive maybe he can take a look at for me?  

Maybe instead of buying another rising 7 2700X

I should just look into a thread reaper lol?

11 minutes ago, Vance44 said:

Maybe instead of buying another rising 7 2700X

I should just look into a thread reaper lol?

Cheapest way to go would be to get aftermarket cooler first. While Ryzen stock coolers are good, having good aftermarket cooler there may be enough to do the trick.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv