Microcenter deals (local)

AngryBeaver

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone that has one close.

My local (and others) microcenter are having some pretty big deals this weekend/week.

I tossed together a budget midrange machine for my nephews for about 450 full build.

Ryzen 1600

B350 pro motherboard (atx)

8 GB 3200 ram (2x4)

480gb inland ssd

1 Tb Seagate

Red dragon rx580

CX500 PSU

Cm masterbox lite RBG

Total after tax $484

I mention the above because the 1600 was only 69.99 and then the 30 off for cpu/mobo bundle meant I got the pair for about 100. Then the GPU was 170 for the rx580. There was also a deal on the ssd, but that is always the case on their in house brand.

Now I know the 1600 is last gen, but if you are trying to put together a new rig on the cheap... they are basically giving them away.

Anyways if you have a local microcenter it is worth checking out. 

36 minutes ago, 1kv said:

R5 1600 for 69.99? That's an absolute steal. We need Microcenter in the rest of the world..  

Ya, I was going to get them a 2200g before I saw the deal on it. They had a very limited budget which I had offered to double, but for a 12/14 year old saving more than 200-300 is pretty hard apparently lol.

I retired their old fx6300 with a 660ti. Which actually did do pretty good in most games, but games like Apex would have pretty nasty dips and looked like a playdo world :-D.

-=  Moved to Hot Deals =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Dang i was just their should have got that mobo cpu combo

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

My local Microcenter charges 99.99 for a Ryzen 5 1600 and will not do $30 of for bundling with motherboard on 1st gen Ryzen :(

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

6 hours ago, BarackOBatman said:

My local Microcenter charges 99.99 for a Ryzen 5 1600 and will not do $30 of for bundling with motherboard on 1st gen Ryzen :(

Really?! That is pretty terrible. Seeing that they price-match from most places even amazon as long as it is prepared and shipped by them.

12 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Really?! That is pretty terrible. Seeing that they price-match from most places even amazon as long as it is prepared and shipped by them.

Yeah, i tried calling them, doing web chat, and asking an associate in store, they all said the same thing. So i went with a 2600 at $159.99 to get that $30 discount.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games