Linus Replies to Mean Comments

James
Just now, Allmykidsareblack said:

but no one talks that way back to Linus.

Ah ok, so you're confirming that you've seen like 2 LTT videos then. Neat.

Don't make up a bunch of shit then accuse people using these fantasies, it's inane.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Ah ok, so you're confirming that you've seen like 2 LTT videos then. Neat.

Don't make up a bunch of shit then accuse people using these fantasies, it's inane.

Not only have I been watching Linus from ncix tech tips, I met him in person on viking way in Richmond Bc. Just because you don't see the effects of workplace harassment doesn't mean it does not exist.

Not only have I been watching Linus from ncix tech tips, I met him in person on viking way in Richmond Bc

Then that's clearly a boldfaced lie, because if you knew about Linus' content at all you'd know about the fountain of memes about him being clumsy and silly, be it mistakes during water cooling or dropping stuff, etc. Linus constantly gets made fun of.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Allmykidsareblack said:

My only axe to grind is having a safe workplace environment for his fellow co-workers

None of what you have said in this topic has been helpful, constructive, or insightful, let alone accurate. If this is how you feel you should be ensuring a safe work environment, you are woefully misguided. 

Edited by fasauceome

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

None of what you have said in this topic has been helpful, constructive, or insightful, let alone accurate. If this is how you feel you should be ensuring a safe work environment, you are woefully misguided. 

It was in the content Linus created. Please kindly re watch the video at around 7 minutes. It's a cry for help from his employees.

It was in the content Linus created. Please kindly re watch the video at around 7 minutes. It's a cry for help from his employees.

Troll confirmed, gonna have to call it there.

Primary PC:

8 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Then that's clearly a boldfaced lie, because if you knew about Linus' content at all you'd know about the fountain of memes about him being clumsy and silly, be it mistakes during water cooling or dropping stuff, etc. Linus constantly gets made fun of.

Facts. If they don't joke back in the video, the editors will make fun of him in post, it's a two way street. 

2 minutes ago, Allmykidsareblack said:

lol. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Facts. If they don't joke back in the video, the editors will make fun of him in post, it's a two way street. 

lol. 

lol, the periods before my spaces part

21 hours ago, Luscious said:

How about grandpa Linus at 69 in his RGB mobility scooter - overvolted to go 45MPH

:I   What is nuts, there are some elderly that already modify their scooters.

How I know, I was volunteering at a veteran's community to help put up Xmas lights.  This fella on a mobility scooter just zips by us (not sure of speed).  Find out from talking to the full time helpers and other elderly, there is one elderly chap that helps modify the scooters to ignore the built in speed limiter.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

And there is Linus (Asian) Wife, who does accounting. There might be other females (who might or might not be the wives of other people workin gthere) who do some adminstrative work.

I am hispanic. Let me tell you once and for all, having an Asian wife is not an excuse for racism or sexism. Everyone is equal.

17 minutes ago, ManuelNigrito said:

I am hispanic.

Sorry to be blunt, but: 
Who cares?!

On the Internet I don't see your face, I don't hear your voice. And really couldn't care less ;)

Let me tell you once and for all, having an Asian wife is not an excuse for racism or sexism.

Nobody is really racist here.

Also Intent matters and especially action. 
That's something we are somehow forgetting... 

Everyone is equal.

No, obviously not. Some are tall, some are small.

Some are bright, some are not.

Also: People have different interests, LTT is something that is more apealing to boys than girls...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

6 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, obviously not. Some are tall, some are small.

Some are bright, some are not.

The saying goes were all equal does not apply to these.

Are you saying you treat people differently biased on height?

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

:I   What is nuts, there are some elderly that already modify their scooters.

How I know, I was volunteering at a veteran's community to help put up Xmas lights.  This fella on a mobility scooter just zips by us (not sure of speed).  Find out from talking to the full time helpers and other elderly, there is one elderly chap that helps modify the scooters to ignore the built in speed limiter.

Fact my Abuelo still solders, he has a golf cart that will hit 50 mph nonstop

On 2/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, James said:

Buy Linus on Amazon: https://geni.us/jjAj

Linus responds to mean comments left by viewers. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

I hate the earrings to, but the rest of you is adorable....so there!

17 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

Literally everything you posted here was addressed at one point or another. At some point they need to stop catering to crusaders such as yourself.

No.... no they did not. Change of content from tech building and reviewing to what could be considered by most to be advertising and comedy? Did not discuss the clickbait. Read a comment, sure, but no comment from linus. Did not discuss shitty thumbnails. Mentioned it in a comment, sure, did not discuss it. Change of audience from actual tech people who loved MESSING with tech to kids who like FANTASIZING/BRAGGING about tech? No discussion there. 

Sorry, I enjoyed the times when LTT was a decent tech channel and did fun things with computers, not an advertising machine pushing out shitty content just to fund more shitty content. 

On 2/25/2019 at 8:07 PM, fasauceome said:

You.... really.... think... linus....the company boss... is so uptight and honestly egotistical like those criticisms said that he wouldn't allow for certain kinds of content in? And besides, what would the guidelines be? "Make sure you don't capture any legitimate criticism," what like the well worded deconstructions of people's personal opinions on his character? Name something you wish was put front and center that Linus was too embarrassed to show.

Did you not read my comment? Shrugging off personal hate is easy, especially when someone is confident in themselves.Shrugging off criticisms about your company, and how it is no longer a good tech channel and rather an advertising machine, not so much. If anything, ignoring all of the topics below indicate to me that he is NOT confident in his own business, and wouldn't know how to respond to honest criticism about them without saying "I'm a sellout."

Change of content.

Change of audience.

Clickbait

Thumbnails

Most of their new content being essentially advertisements, often times being ACTUAL, SPONSORED advertisements. Can you actually trust someone for their honest opinion when they were A. given the $5,000 product and B. paid to review it? 

3 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

No.... no they did not. Change of content from tech building and reviewing to what could be considered by most to be advertising and comedy? Did not discuss the clickbait. Read a comment, sure, but no comment from linus. Did not discuss shitty thumbnails. Mentioned it in a comment, sure, did not discuss it. Change of audience from actual tech people who loved MESSING with tech to kids who like FANTASIZING/BRAGGING about tech? No discussion there. 

Sorry, I enjoyed the times when LTT was a decent tech channel and did fun things with computers, not an advertising machine pushing out shitty content just to fund more shitty content. 

@Lathlaer said, and I quote, "at one point or another", they didn't say in that single video.

Linus addressed their shitty thumbnails in a video literally titled "$h!tty Thumbnails on Linus Tech Tips" ffs ?

18 hours ago, PacketMan said:

I mean, as long as the clickbaits work, why should he change it? I used to like his videos, now I just don't watch them anymore

If you don't like his videos don't watch them as everyone else does, you don't have to if you don't want to

It's a thing of.... moral standing shall we say. 

Sure, clickbait works, but it cheapens the videos and only attracts people unfamiliar to the channel. If you haven't noticed, everybody here complains about it. It's the type of thing that someone selling out would do. Are the videos not good enough to stand on their own without having to resort to clickbait? No, they are not, hence why they're resorting to clickbait and shitty thumbnails.

And don't worry, I don't watch them. I just watched this one to see if he'd respond to actual criticism or just try to make it "funny." 

My guess as to which it'd be was confirmed. 

I actually unsubscribed the other day after seeing all three videos in the sidebar here have clickbait titles and none of which actually interested me. 

3 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

@Lathlaer said, and I quote, "at one point or another", they didn't say in that single video.

Linus addressed their shitty thumbnails in a video literally titled "$h!tty Thumbnails on Linus Tech Tips" ffs ?

Yeah and their response was essentially, "It makes us money, so F off." 

No respect for the audience that got them "famous" in the first place. Simply about money. And still no response to anything else I mentioned, or would you like to continue ignoring those comments like he did?

6 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Yeah and their response was essentially, "It makes us money, so F off." 

No respect for the audience that got them "famous" in the first place. Simply about money. And still no response to anything else I mentioned, or would you like to continue ignoring those comments like he did?

It's a response, whether you like it or not.

They have responded to other kinds of criticism before in one form or another, maybe you'd know that if you actually watched those videos instead of judging him based on one particular video.

Just now, lewdicrous said:

It's a response, whether you like it or not.

They have responded to most other kinds of criticism before in one form or another, maybe you'd know that if you actually watched those videos instead of judging him based on one particular video.

Please point me to the video where he addresses anything else I mentioned in that post.

Just now, corrado33 said:

Please point me to the video where he addresses anything else I mentioned in that post.

Most of them were addressed in WAN shows, but here's a playlist of videos answering questions/some criticism.