replacing my psu advice

yosrii

my 500w 80+bzonze power supply became noisy recently and im thinking of getting a crosair vs450w 80+ specially after i saw alot of good reviews about how silent it is , it is a downgrade in the power performance but i dont care coz im not thinking about upgrading anything for the mmnt i have an i5 7500/gtx 1060 3gb /12gb ram/ i used *outervision site check how much power needed and i go 380w result so it should be no effect on the pc performance right ?

a 380w system will run on a good 450w  It just won't be as efficient as say a 600w for that particular draw.  Something to note is that your system won't be drawing 380w constantly.  Check the PSU and cases section for the schticky on PSUs 

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

the other psu i had in mind is the MasterWatt 550 Watt but i saw a decent amout  of revireviews saying that it makes some coil whine  

Outervision is complete garbage. PSU wattage calculators are just garbage in general.

Amazon reviews aren't reviews. It's exactly the same reason why you wouldn't look at Amazon reviews to see if you should buy a GTX 770 over

a GTX 1070.

where are you located?

according to my fav calculator, an i5-7500&gtx1060 combo consumes 247w under load (with 3 ram moduls& 3 fans, no overclocking)

a nice 450w should be enough. ... What about bitfenix formula gold 450? that's the cheapest one quality 450w unit around here.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

8 hours ago, yosrii said:

the other psu i had in mind is the MasterWatt 550 Watt but i saw a decent amout  of revireviews saying that it makes some coil whine  

I don't like the Master Watt too much, though it has some nice ideas.

My beefs with it:

a) removal of 2 Caps in 12V

b) Semi Fanless

c) only one PCIe Connector on the PSU - should have two.

1 hour ago, Vejnemojnen said:

according to my fav calculator, an i5-7500&gtx1060 combo consumes 247w under load (with 3 ram moduls& 3 fans, no overclocking)

a nice 450w should be enough. ... What about bitfenix formula gold 450? that's the cheapest one quality 450w unit around here.

even 300W would be enough, if they were available in good quality - they are not, so you're stuck with at least 400W, mostly 550W though.

Right now I'm playing Metro Exodus and my Powermeter shows something around 255W.

And I have a Ryzen 7-1700x...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

6 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

even 300W would be enough, if they were available in good quality - they are not, so you're stuck with at least 400W, mostly 550W though.

Right now I'm playing Metro Exodus and my Powermeter shows something around 255W.

And I have a Ryzen 7-1700x...

Well, indeed. But a 450W leaves plenty of wiggle room - future upgrades. And most PSU-s are most effective around 50% load, efficiency does not degrade too much if the load is low.

To the OP: Location and budget would help a lot. I can only recommend models from those brands, which available in my country for reasonable prices (BW, BF, SS, FSP). ?

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

4 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

where are you located?

im from tunisia and  i really want to get a be quiet psu i did actually order a pure power 700w silver sadly wasn't available the problem is that  there is not that much choice here and i really just want a decent  psu and most important a silent one so i'll  probably just order the crosair vs450 

17 minutes ago, yosrii said:

i'll  probably just order the crosair vs450 

don't... it's a psu meant for a pre-built office pc replacement, not a gaming pc. inside the corsair linup you should at least get a cx/cxm

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

don't... it's a psu meant for a pre-built office pc replacement, not a gaming pc. inside the corsair linup you should at least get a cx/cxm

why i's not good for  a very averge gaming pc like mine  ?

2 minutes ago, yosrii said:

why i's not good for  a very averge gaming pc like mine  ?

because it's made for a certain task (in this case basic use without gpu), not for some good gaming

that's why imo you should get something better than a cx(m), but it's your choice

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

because it's made for a certain task (in this case basic use without gpu), not for some good gaming

that's why imo you should get something better than a cx(m), but it's your choice

i wanted to get the crosair coz it's a known brand and quiet ,  so u think  Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W will be better option than the  crosair vs550w  ?

4 minutes ago, yosrii said:

i wanted to get the crosair coz it's a known brand and quiet ,  so u think  Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W will be better option than the  crosair vs550w  ?

lesson one about psu's: NEVER judge on brand, ever

but that psu isn't going to be that much better. look at the psu tier list down my signature, select at least a tier c

look for 550w bitfenix formula gold, they are like 63 euros in europe (better than any of those), maybe its same price in tunisia

I checked a webpage and this seems good for the money

https://www.tunisianet.com.tn/boite-d-alimentation-pour-pc-de-bureau-/33761-boite-d-alimentation-cooler-master-master-watt-550-550w-80plus-bronze.html

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

29 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

look for 550w bitfenix formula gold, they are like 63 euros in europe (better than any of those), maybe its same price in tunisia

I checked a webpage and this seems good for the money

https://www.tunisianet.com.tn/boite-d-alimentation-pour-pc-de-bureau-/33761-boite-d-alimentation-cooler-master-master-watt-550-550w-80plus-bronze.html

ye i was about to buy the masterwatt but i was bit afraid after i saw some reviews saying it began to make coil whine after a whyle

I would buy a tier 3 , like that corsair or that cm, But I dont trust that cxm because old versions are lower tier, so I would double check that psu.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

i found this a *Be Quiet 10 700W CM 80 Plus Gold* bit expensive but fuck it .. seems good quality and silent 

27 minutes ago, yosrii said:

i found this a *Be Quiet 10 700W CM 80 Plus Gold* bit expensive but fuck it .. seems good quality and silent 

Not the best.

Pure Power or Straight Power?

Is there a 450 or 550W Straight Power 11 available??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

Not the best.

Pure Power or Straight Power?

Is there a 450 or 550W Straight Power 11 available??

be quiet straight power 700w 10 cm modular 80+ gold* and no i couldnt find less powerful be quiet  one   or  an 11 series like i said there is not much choice here specially if ur looking for silent component like me ://