Anyone else seeing this ?!?!

xFetusx

I just saw this and I have unsubscribed to Carey Holzman, instead of making a drama video, he should have tried to contact LTT and really find out what is going on. People are just so knee jerk reaction instead of trying to find out whats really going on.

The amount of vitriol that is being spewed in Carey's comment section is ridiculous. Even Carey himself is unwilling to accept anything, other than the fact that Linus struck down his videos manually albeit being able to live stream. After confronting Carey in the comments section, summarizing the issue, and stating that Linus himself got a content ID from himself, while being respectful (unlike a certain somebody) I ended up having my comment deleted (and no, I'm not as paranoid as Carey).

3 minutes ago, FubyHD said:

The amount of vitriol that is being spewed in Carey's comment section is ridiculous. Even Carey himself is unwilling to accept anything, other than the fact that Linus struck down his videos manually albeit being able to live stream. After confronting Carey in the comments section, summarizing the issue, and stating that Linus himself got a content ID from himself, while being respectful (unlike a certain somebody) I ended up having my comment deleted (and no, I'm not as paranoid as Carey).

Yep; and Carey turns around and complains that his channel sees no growth while others do. This kind of crap is why. Nobody wants to watch someone with an attitude like that, and he's full of himself to think he'd even be worth LTT's time even if they did want to strike someone down.

It would be like a billionaire stealing a nickel from a small child. It just doesn't happen, and makes no logical sense.

1 hour ago, Paladin Goo said:

Yes, let's ask them to change their entire business model because of an automated youtube system.

The automated system is broken and if their MCN is contributing to the false ID claims it really isn't worth the trouble.

And? He's also criticized said sponsors in video as well. What's your point? Apparently you're against LMG putting food on their families tables? Not sure what you're even implying here. 

And yet he still does them, sure the videos are entertaining and I watch quite a few of them but LTT used to do unboxings and in depth hardware reviews that a lot of people criticize LTT for not doing much of anymore. The clickbaiting and ad videos aren't necessary as other tech channels are quite successful without resorting to clickbait titles that are so bad you can't even search for them based on the content of the video.

No, spreading it does not help. It's been shown that unless you use too little, actual temperatures are completely within margin of error. Spreading it out only serves to make a mess. The mount pressure of the cooler is more than enough to spread it out adequately when using the dot/rice/peace/line method, all while making cleaning and replacement far easier later and producing the same results.

Not necessarily,obsessing over CPU core temps is something only the most diehard of enthusiasts get worried about, the average user or gamer could care less unless the PC overheats or shuts down. He makes videos and instruction guides for the average person, and If Carey were doing it completely wrong,he'd have a lot of people being dissatisfied with their PC's, he builds and sells rigs for a living.

This happens every year or so. It's entirely youtube. it recognizes video similarity and nothing more. It's flawed as hell, but that's just how it is unfortunately.

And really you'd think Youtube would have it figured out, "Thats how it is" is a terrible excuse to give google when they have been flagging or deleting channels.

It's understandable to not be happy, sure; but again, he's a content creator with 1/4 million subscribers who has dealt with this situation before. To expect us to believe he doesn't know how content ID works, completely automated, is nuts. His blaming (which will backfire on him big time) as well as asking for a public announcement/apology from Linus would make most people think he just wants free promotion. I mean, he *has* expressed disdain and resentment for his lack of channel growth compared to other tech channels in the past.

It's ironic how many people signed up just to hate on him, he's dealt with copyright trolling before but again the system has changed, and it took like half of the WAN show just to explain how the Youtube Content ID system even works and why its so broken, not everyone is going to understand how it works.

And I think both Carey and Linus would both benefit from having a stream together, I don't think Linus owes him an apology but a video would certainly help to clear up the whole situation.

17 minutes ago, Seal77 said:

I just saw this and I have unsubscribed to Carey Holzman, instead of making a drama video, he should have tried to contact LTT and really find out what is going on. People are just so knee jerk reaction instead of trying to find out whats really going on.

True, I really don't know game Carey is trying to play. I can understand why he is upset but seems to have not contacted LMG or done any research before the stream. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just saw it on FB, did not know there was a thread already. the guy seems like hes just blaming other. i was wondering others thought, i don't think Linus or his team would try to eliminate competition or just try to screw other content creators. plus not in charater for Linus based off a lot of his other Videos.

19 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

True, I really don't know game Carey is trying to play. I can understand why he is upset but seems to have not contacted LMG or done any research before the stream. 

And hope that LTT would respond over twitter or an email is maybe what Carey was worried about,as people mention it's Carey's channel vs. LMG, LMG probably doesn't even know who Carey is. Though I think Linus would try to help anyway, and I agree creating drama isn't the best way to go about it though.

Linus has a video covering the content ID mess.

23 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

And I think both Carey and Linus would both benefit from having a stream together, I don't think Linus owes him an apology but a video would certainly help to clear up the whole situation.

"Both Carey and Linus would benefit from a stream together" - See, now you're buying into exactly what Carey wants. Free promotion.

6 hours ago, yadinmere said:

wow this is really not in character for Linus a bet this guy did something he's not telling us either way it seems kind of stupid to file 7 claims on such a small channel 

Watched the first minute. So much wrong with this.

He states that the only reason LTT would do this is because LTT must have a profound ignorance of how technology works. (He's ignorant for not realising it's automated)

He then goes on to say that he received 7 copyright claims on his video, and that if he the receives three his channel gets shut down. So clearly he either doesn't know the difference between a copyright claim and a copyright strike, or he's intentionally misleading in order to generate drama.

He then goes on to state "as you can see I'm live right now" which would not be possible if he had received a strike.

For those unaware, a copyright claim can be from the automated content ID system (or issued manually) and will let the copyright holder claim the ad revenue for that video. You can dispute it, and if you dispute it in a reasonable time you will get all the ad revenue back if it's found the claim is invalid. It doesn't affect anything on YouTube apart from that specific video, and your ability to upload new videos is not affected. 

Copyright strikes are a penalty system that YouTube has where you are issued a strike if a company/channel files a DMCA takedown notice against your video. This has to be done manually. A single copyright strike against your channel and you can lose your ability to live stream and YouTube will frown upon you and make it less likely your videos will be promoted on the platform. After three strikes within three months, your channel may even be deleted from YouTube.

So, from the first minute alone, he's proven he either lacks even a basic understanding of YouTube's copyright system and is entirely ignorant (which I doubt since he has what appears to be a rather successful YouTube channel), or he's intentionally misrepresenting the situation in order to generate controversy.

I can't be bothered watching the rest of the video he posted, cause from the first minute I can already tell it's complete horse shit.

The sad part is that fullscreen/LTT will review these automated claims and remove them - as they have been doing for other channels, including their own that have been affected - and I can almost guarantee that as soon as that happens this guy will upload a "I WON - I BEAT LTT" video claiming how he stood up to a greedy corporation and won. 

The Linux gamer guy that also got an automated claim from LTT, he handled the situation much better. Although he also made a video about the situation, he handled it in a much more mature way and didn't direct abuse at LTT. He used his video to mainly explain why he felt that his video didn't infringe on LTTs copyright. As soon as it was resolved he quickly updated the title of his initial video, and released another video acknowledging that it had been resolved.
At the end of it all I was actually hoping that LTT could work with him doing a Collab to make another Linux gaming video... Just goes to show how you decide to handle or react to a situation has a big impact.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Getting his five minutes of fame by slandering one of the most down to earth all around good guys. He needs to apologize and it needs to drop. Don't give him any more of your time. He would have to be living under a rock for the past few months to not know that YouTube has been having major issues with their algorithm. It all started with Logan Paul's video. After that happened YouTube went into panic mode. Demonetizing channels, setting up new restrictions on partners, and their copyright bots. It has been happening for a long time. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

26 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Watched the first minute. So much wrong with this.

He states that the only reason LTT would do this is because LTT must have a profound ignorance of how technology works. (He's ignorant for not realising it's automated)

He then goes on to say that he received 7 copyright claims on his video, and that if he the receives three his channel gets shut down. So clearly he either doesn't know the difference between a copyright claim and a copyright strike, or he's intentionally misleading in order to generate drama.

The content ID claims are still a big deal for a channel that isn't huge like LTT, anything that gets flagged of course loses monetization ,and the ones making the claim get to make money off the video that isn't theirs. It nearly takes a legal analyst to completely understand it all, and with how much the guy has been trolled and attacked it doesn't surprise me with the over reaction. The sad thing is LMG probably has enough power as a company to get Fullscreen to take down these claims faster. From what I can tell from some other tech channel making videos of the false claims, the person receiving it doesn't know it's not total bullshit because the claimant shows up as Fullscreen with LTT being the channel.

6 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

The content ID claims are still a big deal for a channel that isn't huge like LTT, anything that gets flagged of course loses monetization ,and the ones making the claim get to make money off the video that isn't theirs.

There's a time period where the ad revenue is held by YouTube in order to allow the creator time to dispute the claim(s). So as long as they dispute the claim within an appropriate time frame - and the claim is found not to be genuine - the creator won't lose any money.

The sad thing is LMG probably has enough power as a company to get Fullscreen to take down these claims faster.

I'm sure the team at LMG and Fullscreen are manually reviewing these claims as soon as they are aware of them. I've never seen anything that would indicate to me that the team at LTT would not want illegitimate claims against another channel resolved ASAP, and I'm sure that if LTT is made aware of a potentially false claim against another channel that they will do whatever they can to review and resolve the issue. The previous claim I mentioned involving The Linux gamer was solved by Fullscreen before Linus was even aware that a claim was lodged.
The issue is that because it's an automated process, they don't know that a claim has been made until after it has been made. It's only after the claim has been lodged against the other channel that they can review it... And it appears that they have quite a few reviews that need to go through due to whatever changes YouTube implemented in the ContentID system that is causing these false positives.

This guys video is so ignorant as he wanted LTT to contact him first instead of him getting in touch with LTT to see the other side. Guy made a fool of himself by making this knee jerk reaction video.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

There's a time period where the ad revenue is held by YouTube in order to allow the creator time to dispute the claim(s). So as long as they dispute the claim within an appropriate time frame - and the claim is found not to be genuine - the creator won't lose any money.

I'm sure the team at LMG and Fullscreen are manually reviewing these claims as soon as they are aware of them. I've never seen anything that would indicate to me that the team at LTT would not want illegitimate claims against another channel resolved ASAP, and I'm sure that if LTT is made aware of a potentially false claim against another channel that they will do whatever they can to review and resolve the issue. The previous claim I mentioned involving The Linux gamer was solved by Fullscreen before Linus was even aware that a claim was lodged.
The issue is that because it's an automated process, they don't know that a claim has been made until after it has been made. It's only after the claim has been lodged against the other channel that they can review it... And it appears that they have quite a few reviews that need to go through due to whatever changes YouTube implemented in the ContentID system that is causing these false positives.

totally agree i don't see why Linus needed to address just a ignorant other YouTuber with how youtube works and use it to stir up drama

Aselwyn1

Just now, aselwyn1 said:

totally agree i don't see why Linus needed to address just a ignorant other YouTuber with how youtube works 

The problem is that it's not just this one channel that has been affected. There are other channels out there who have also received incorrect claims, both from LTT (through Fullscreen) and from other unrelated channels. I guess Linus' video serves as a general statement that can hopefully help other channels who may also receive incorrect copyright claims through the ContentID system. Today alone I've seen 3 different people post on the forum stating that they also received a copyright claim from LTT (via Fullscreen).

I think Linus actually did a pretty good job of not giving this particular person any undeserved attention and rather made a very generalised and open statement discussing the YouTube copyright system and addressing the recent issues due to whatever change YouTube has made behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

I've read his responses, and he apparently believes Linus is out there to get him and others.

That's funny. I couldn't see the tin foil hat he was wearing in his video. It's amazing what photoshop can edit out these days.
I can't even be bothered to watch his video. I really feel like I have an obligation to watch his full video before commenting on the matter, and I'm sure if I did I would end up with a long list of issues with the video I would want to criticise... But honestly after the first minute of his video I already determined that he's just not worth the time or effort.

54 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

His argument was like, "We use the same system, so why isn't my channel going after him?  Think about it!"

You beat me to the punch. I was gonna post this.

I replied with

@CareyHolzman Because he posted it way before you. He's been doing heaven benchmarks for a LONG time. So the system THINKS that he owns it. Youtube changed something int he ContentID algorithm, and for some reason, it's being super hard on other people...

3 minutes ago, savantskie said:

I replied with

The problem is you're replying to someone in the YouTube comment section. :D 

9 hours ago, yadinmere said:

wow this is really not in character for Linus a bet this guy did something he's not telling us either way it seems kind of stupid to file 7 claims on such a small channel <snip removing youtube video>

The first 30 seconds of this guy's stream answers it all.

"I can only imagine because of profound ignorance of how technology works (which is a problem with hobbyists and enthusiasts in this business"

This guy is profoundly ignorant of how youtube works. He's not important enough for LTT to "go after", he needs to reign his ego in a bit and realize there might be something else going on that his vast intellect can't comprehend with the knee-jerk complaining video.

4 hours ago, Paladin Goo said:

See, now you're buying into exactly what Carey wants. Free promotion.

From that logic then every other channel that made a video about getting contentID strikes are looking for "free promotion" as well. And in the response video Linus made he stated he's keeping monetization on, which is free promotion for him. It's simply business for all of these people to be fair.

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

If the videos were ones that were still getting views, its still not making them any money until the claim is resolved, not a big deal for a channel like LTT but maybe for a smaller channel that aren't making sponsored videos every day.

I'd like to think LMG are helping out to resolve claims,  I watched the WAN show and Linus pretty much agreed he doesn't want illegitimate claims against other channels,

but Linus didn't mention helping out other channels in the response video, all I got from it was " here's how the system works not my fault so go dispute it yourselves". The claim with The Linux Gamer iirc was fair use so easy to deny the false claim in that case, then the false claims of ownership of a benchmark should be just as quickly resolved.  And I'm not going to throw around criticism when the guy blaming LTT hasn't given a reply.

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I've read his responses, and he apparently believes Linus is out there to get him and others.

Not surprising either if those people are aware of what the Verge tried to do with a few content creators, yeah i know it's bullshit and they're not even in the same tech space but maybe they're having the assumption of another large tech company trying to shut them down from any criticism and competition.

From that logic then every other channel that made a video about getting contentID strikes are looking for "free promotion" as well.

The main difference between Carey and *everyone else* is Carey has not only talked trash about LTT in the past, calling them shills and the like, as well as saying they are mentally ill for their opinion on thermal compound application - but he can also be quoted verbatim saying how "he doesn't understand how his channel has seen so little growth while hobbyists like LTT and JayzTwoCents are so popular, because his stuff is *real*"

Not surprising either if those people are aware of what the Verge tried to do with a few content creators, yeah i know it's bullshit and they're not even in the same tech space but maybe they're having the assumption of another large tech company trying to shut them down from any criticism and competition.

Except it IS absolutely surprising. He's a guy who has been youtubing for a decade, and dealt with content ID in the past. To not know the difference between content ID claims and copyright strikes is ridiculous. I get you're a fan of us (you must be), but stop making excuses. You're grasping at straws. He has no excuse not to be up to date on youtube copyright games given his experience. Are you honestly going to insult my or anyone elses intelligence by continuing to say he doesn't know better? Someone who has been doing this for over a decade *Doesn't know better* when people who don't even upload videos to youtube do know these things?

It's blatant and you're making excuses for him. From the clickbait title to the outright ignorance and dismissal of the explanations of the ID system people are giving him in his comments, all the way to the "demanding a public announcement and apology to him" from Linus. Not to everyone, no, he said to him. The clamoring for a name drop from Linus is absolutely glistening. It reeks of publicity stunt.

Just now, Paladin Goo said:

The main difference between Carey and *everyone else* is Carey has not only talked trash about LTT in the past, calling them shills and the like, as well as saying they are mentally ill for their opinion on thermal compound application - but he can also be quoted verbatim saying how "he doesn't understand how his channel has seen so little growth while hobbyists like LTT and JayzTwoCents are so popular, because his stuff is *real*"

I can sense the salt.

It's a simple and sad clout chasing attempt. He knows better and knows that LTT isn't targeting him. "Trying to shut my channel down" give me a fucking break.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

6 hours ago, Arika S said:

rant videos created in cars are never a good idea. it shows that no thought has been put in at all and just "i'm angry, i need to create a video RIGHT NOW".

You think thats bad, there are food review videos created in cars. Sends the same message though.