Anyone else seeing this ?!?!

xFetusx

Carey Holzman is going to feel really silly, and he should too!

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.8ghz | Motherboard: GIGABYTE Gaming Z270XP-SLI | Graphics Card: AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 250GB 960 Evo PCIe NVMe | 2 x Seagate 1TB [raid1] - overflow stuff | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 500gb [raid0] - games | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Corsair 400C | Cooling: Kraken x62 AIO | 3 x Corsair AF140 | 1x Noctua  NF-F12 | SoundSoundblaster Zx through  KRK Rokit G5 monitors 

To be updated... when I get time

Wow, he made so many accusations without even attempt to contact LTT. This is embarassing to watch, just painful.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

I can't stand the guy - he is going to end up the one saying sorry!

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.8ghz | Motherboard: GIGABYTE Gaming Z270XP-SLI | Graphics Card: AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 250GB 960 Evo PCIe NVMe | 2 x Seagate 1TB [raid1] - overflow stuff | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 500gb [raid0] - games | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Corsair 400C | Cooling: Kraken x62 AIO | 3 x Corsair AF140 | 1x Noctua  NF-F12 | SoundSoundblaster Zx through  KRK Rokit G5 monitors 

To be updated... when I get time

1 minute ago, Lathlaer said:

Wow, he made so many accusations without even attempt to contact LTT. This is embarassing to watch, just painful.

One year ago he had a copyright fight with some random amazon-sponsored company that claimed his stuff for absolutely no reason, and i think he might even be fighting that in the courts. I don't think he has malicious intent, just bad experience with any copyright stuff, and is thus a bit scared

Just now, James82 said:

LTT isn't a random company though.

LTT is a sub-brand, Linus Media Group is the company. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

LTT is a sub-brand, Linus Media Group is the company. 

Still not random though is it?

Just now, James82 said:

Still not random though is it?

No, I thought you were asking a question :P

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

3 minutes ago, James82 said:

LTT isn't a random company though.

What an insane way to put a spin on what i said. It was Lynda.com. Im sorry i didn't specify further.

The fact of the matter is he's publicly accused LMG, Linus, the other employees and fullscreen of falsely issuing copyright strikes and trying to take Carey down. This could get very, very messy and Carey could suffer some really serious consequences because of it.

What he should've done is contacted Linus or Luke and had a discussion about this in private to work out what has happened. Instead he decides to spit his dummy out, fire his mouth of and will now be made to look like the idiot he is in about 24 to 48 hours.

1 minute ago, James82 said:

The fact of the matter is he's publicly accused LMG, Linus, the other employees and fullscreen of falsely issuing copyright strikes and trying to take Carey down. This could get very, very messy and Carey could suffer some really serious consequences because of it.

What he should've done is contacted Linus or Luke and had a discussion about this in private to work out what has happened. Instead he decides to spit his dummy out, fire his mouth of and will now be made to look like the idiot he is in about 24 to 48 hours.

He does not know who filed the claim or if its automatic. All he knows is that LTT claimed a video. That is literally all the info he gets. Seven copyright strikes is a pretty big thing.

Nobody should pay much mind to Carey, to be honest. Having watched some of his old live streams in the past, it's clear he not only has breathtaking jealousy issues for channels bigger than him, but is insecure as a whole. Go back and look at his content - he shows clear ire and disdain for channels bigger than him. He's even gone so far as to call "other channels mentally ill" for thinking it matters how you apply thermal paste. I don't actually think anyone has said how it matters, unless you put too little, it generally performs within margin of error...meanwhile his method to "finger paint it on the CPU" only serves to make more of a mess than is needed.

He continuously talks trash towards "hobbyist and enthusiast" channels. Calling them shills etc. This is a guy with 1/4 million subscribers and he wants us to think he doesn't know how content ID works and that this is Youtube, and not Linus? All while alleging these things about Linus and his company, and THEN demanding Linus come out and make a public announcement and apology on the situation? Sounds like he just wants some free promotion. 

21 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

*snip*

*snip*

Edited by wkdpaul

1 minute ago, jonassm said:

He does not know who filed the claim or if its automatic. All he knows is that LTT claimed a video. That is literally all the info he gets. Seven copyright strikes is a pretty big thing.

Well he should get proof before shouting his mouth off.

1 minute ago, James82 said:

Well he should get proof before shouting his mouth off.

This exactly. He should keep his big mouth shut until he can actually provide evidence. This will backfire on him *big time*. By the end of this, Linus won't be the one apologizing. 

*thread cleaned*

This seems to be a content ID issue with YT, not the only channel to suffer from this.

So let's try to stay respectful and on topic.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

44 minutes ago, jonassm said:

No strikes. And he is the one making false claims in hopes to have more clicks on his unknown channel.

Just now, thinwalrus said:

No strikes. And he is the one making false claims in hopes to have more clicks on his unknown channel.

To add to that - it tells you whether or not it was via the CONTENT ID system when you get the copyright claim. If it was, it means completely automatic.

27 minutes ago, jonassm said:

Yeah it can be really upsetting a person has no way of knowing if the claim was automatic or not, and IIRC even one strike can prevent you from live streaming which Holzman does regularly. Although I think Carey should be going on twitter first, stuff spreads fast there if you have a problem.

... profound ignorance of how technology works ...

That made me laugh, considering he then goes on to assume it's definitely a human that's responsible and doesn't once consider the possibility that youtube is a broken pile of junk for a looooot of creators. Hopefully it's all sorted out nicely :)

Seem as Carey had been attacked before with strikes, swatted live, ignorant trolls, etc...

I don't blame him for jumping 6 feet into the air simply after seeing the keywords: "copyright" and "linus". I would probably jump high too and not have time to finish reading the rest of what it says, because anxiety will already have built up.

I agree that this is neither the fault of Carey, or Linus, but of the YouTube AI.

I'm sure if both Carey and Linus contact YouTube, that everything will turn out okay.

Just now, ZenCarter said:

Seem as Carey had been attacked before with strikes, swatted live, ignorant trolls, etc...

I don't blame him for jumping 6 feet into the air simply after seeing the keywords: "copyright" and "linus". I would probably jump high too and not have time to finish reading the rest of what it says, because anxiety will already have built up.

I agree that this is neither the fault of Carey, or Linus, but of the YouTube AI.

I'm sure if both Carey and Linus contact YouTube, that everything will turn out okay.

Don't go public without the facts

2 minutes ago, ZenCarter said:

As a business man, Carey should know better than to publicly make allegations like this with absolutely jack to back it up.

I feel like you guys quoted my post without actually reading, or never had an anxiety attack in your life.

Just now, ZenCarter said:

I feel like you guys quoted my post without actually reading, or never had an anxiety attack in your life.

Again, as a business man, he should know better than to speak from emotion like that. He's a man who preaches professionalism as a religion, and coming out with a blame game video like that is about as unprofessional as it gets.