iPhone Samsung Text Messaging

So as of now i have an iPhone 7. And pretty much everyone in my family has one, which makes messaging easy. I want to switch to a Samsung note 9. But what's holding me back is having issues texting my family. Not everyone is the best with technology in my family, and using a different app like FaceBook Messanger might make thing confusing for some. So, my question is, does anyone have trouble sending messages back and fourth between and iPhone and a Samsung? Are there apps for andriods the make it possible to iMessage apple devices?

No, Android phones cannot send iMessages. But, if everyone has a texting plan you can just text, iMessage displays texts as well.

Edit:

There is also an app that lets an Android send iMessage messages called weMessage, but it requires you have a Mac computer and that the Mac computer be turned on when sent.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

You would send a normal text message, iMessage is IOS only.  Messaging isn't any easier or harder with normal texting, its the same.

The same as an iPhone user being able to call an android user or anybody else.

One addition to what people have said: if you do switch, be sure to deregister your iPhone from iMessage before you stop using it.

Just remember that you don't get iMessage-specific features like its stickers, animations and the like.  You can get rough equivalents in Messenger and other apps, of course, but if you're using default text messaging apps you'll have to use whatever SMS and MMS can do.