Cheap AliExpress Monitor – Good Idea??

James

Buy Cheap Monitor on Amazon: http://geni.us/6vKv

We recently got the Cheapest 4K Monitor on Amazon for $180; now we’ve got a cheap 1080P display from AliExpress.. but can it compete?

Well isn't 4k>1080p? Or am I missing something here?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

10 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Well isn't 4k>1080p? Or am I missing something here?

It's cheap Chinese. Not even the name is accurate. Everything about this monitor is a lie, like virtually all cheap Chinese crap...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

It's cheap Chinese. Not even the name is accurate. Everything about this monitor is a lie, like virtually all cheap Chinese crap...

Looks like its time to watch the video.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

I wouldn't trust a cheap no name monitor to last, or to not have dead pixels after using it.

Also, again with these damn titles. I thought this thread was gonna be someone asking about help picking a monitor out on that hell-forsaken website. LMG, you really need to work on those titles...

2 hours ago, James said:

We recently got the Cheapest 4K Monitor on Amazon for $180; now we’ve got a cheap 1080P display from AliExpress.. but can it compete?

Thanks for the non-clickbait video title!

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

At this point TaoBao is more trustworthy than Aliexpress.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

11 hours ago, CCWong said:

You bought a monitor with reviews you knew were fake. Seems like you sabotaged yourself there.

That was the point?

You might wanna check this menu if they actually have speakers. It's stupid that it no longer shows up when you rightclick the volume icon in taskbar like in windows 7 . This is the most useful shit when you want to diagnose sound problems in windows, be they playback or mic related.

Spoiler

9f333fa608.png

Why did no one give James a mic? Now my ears have to bleed...

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Not cheap for 1080p.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

I can't understand why back buttons can't be arranged in cross formation with OK in the middle and BACK underneath. This way you don't even have to use awkward dot on the button and remember which is where, especially when buttons are linearly placed and up and down are in same horizontal line. That's so monumentally retarded I can't express myself how. With cross arranegement you know what button does with orientation of them alone. And OK in the middle is your orientation point. I don't think I've seen it on any monitor yet, only on LCD TV's. It's like TV manufacturers are decades ahead with this...

Looks like an AOC judging from the OSD... but the only time i saw one this bad was when my old boss bought an HD+ widescreen 20" or so ... for about 1/3 of what a 22-24" FullHD used to cost back 5-6 years ago ... You can coax some better images out of it if you manually adjust the colors on it . Factory settings always seem to be off for me.

• 1 month later...

I love to see reviews where they open up cheap hardware to point out where corners were cut. I wish you had opened up the back to verify speakers are missing. It could be user error on your part. Also, be interesting to know who manufactured the display panel even though I agree that poor supporting electronics can make even a good panel look bad.

BTW, I would NEVER buy a monitor, any monitor, direct from China!  I do buy cheap parts direct  for playing around with Raspberry pi projects.