AMD Announces Mantle Is Delayed – BF4 Patch Now Expected in Jan 2014

mgsstar

AMD_Mantle_Logo.png

We just got word from AMD that their Mantle technology has been pushed into January 2014 and that there is no firm launch date.

AMD showed a public demo by Oxide at APU13, so the API appears to be working and ready for launch. In fact, here is a video of the Oxide Games presentation where they showed a live demo of AMD’s Mantle API.

The first AMD Mantle game patch is still going to be for Battlefield 4, so it is likely that EA’s decision to halt BF4 development in favor of fixing bugs could be part of the reason for the delay. AMD announced in September that the Mantle BF4 patch would be out in December, so gamers have been waiting for this patch for many months. Let’s hope the patch comes out in January as promised! AMD TrueAudio Technology is not impacted by this and is still in development.

After much consideration, the decision was made to delay the Mantle patch for Battlefield 4. AMD continues to support DICE on the public introduction of Mantle, and we are tremendously excited about the coming release for Battlefield 4! We are now targeting a January release and will have more information to share in the New Year. – AMD PR

Source:http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-announces-mantle-delayed-bf4-patch-now-expected-jan-2014_131686

Guess it won't be until next year when Mantle releases. Hope with the extra time they can fix Battlefield 4 before implementing Mantle to get better performance. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

FIX THE F***ING GAME MECHANICS FIRST!!!

Good lord, why are they even working on mantle, when the game is just barely playable at all. :(

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Oh well, It probably doesn't do much good at the moment

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Yeah, DICE has a lot of bug-squishing to do before they can implement something new. The Mantle version of BF4 is supposed to be playable at CES though.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Not surprised. Hopefully I'll have my Desktop back before that. I haven't even played any China Rising :(

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Good job AMD. It's not like it was obvious already given that it's the 30th of December today or anything.

I remain unconvinced as to the importance or relevance of Mantle. Its performance benefits are unproven and the chances of it achieving prevalence in the PC games market is ridiculously slim.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Good lord, why are they even working on mantle, when the game is just barely playable at all. :(

Barley playable? Why i have already played over 166 hours without to many problems.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

They're not... Why do you think it's delayed?

So one day before 2014 they decided to delay Mantle till 2014?

Atleast they didn't release it unfinished...

144Hz goodness

Mantle is going to fail horribly. Good Job Advanced Micro Devices, Good Job.

Would you care to make a symbolic bet on that?

I'm really getting tired of seeing these everywhere. I don't know what your game experience is like but the game doesn't even crash anymore. If you look on the fix tracker (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670203355766/) you can see that all of the issues on the list almost have a fix already live for them. Please stop making the game seem worse than it is. It is completely playable. I'm not saying at all that it doesn't have it's problems or that it was ok for dice/EA to release it like that, but that at this current time the game is 100% playable and enjoyable and does not deserve all of the FIX THE GAME comments anymore.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

AMD's R&D department strikes again... Tomorrow.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

AMD's R&D department strikes again... Tomorrow.

It is DICE and EA that are fluffing this release, not AMD.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

It is DICE and EA that are fluffing this release, not AMD.

Actually you could say it was both. AMDs Mantle is a big injection of code into the game. If the game was coded, and injecting that code causes all kinds of issues its boths fault.

That's a huge exaggeration. The game plays just fine with maybe the occasional server crash.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

FUCK YOU EA

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

WOW. Im so glad they didnt announce this on new years eve! Announcing delay a day before the deadline would be terrible!! Whew!

FUCK YOU EA

GG for blaming EA, when its equally AMDs fault. Whose code is Mantle, and this update includes... oh wait, Mantle. We don't know the extent of the issues but like I said injecting code into already finished code is a platinum. Ask any programmer, they will tell you the same exact thing. Nice hate train.

Barley playable? Why i have already played over 166 hours without to many problems.

so because you play a game a lot, it is good?

does that mean that you play games, eventhough they are not good, or that you dont notice the problems it has, or that you are a fan boy?

They're not... Why do you think it's delayed?

well, they stoped the development on the dlcs to fix the game as fat as possible. that sounds like dice did not stop the development of the mantle patch and only reduced the number of people working on it. why else would they wait until the last possible date to delay it still hoping to get it ready somehow...

I'm really getting tired of seeing these everywhere. I don't know what your game experience is like but the game doesn't even crash anymore. If you look on the fix tracker (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670203355766/) you can see that all of the issues on the list almost have a fix already live for them. Please stop making the game seem worse than it is. It is completely playable. I'm not saying at all that it doesn't have it's problems or that it was ok for dice/EA to release it like that, but that at this current time the game is 100% playable and enjoyable and does not deserve all of the FIX THE GAME comments anymore.

a game that doesnt crash is good? the game launched in an un-finished state and still isnt in the condition to sell for 60 $ + 60 $ on premium. it has gotten better, sure, but still way to many bugs in it, to call it playable and enjoyable. If you can live with a server tickrate of 30 and a client tickrate of 10. fine, but i can only imagine most gamers cant.

That's a huge exaggeration. The game plays just fine with maybe the occasional server crash.

bf4 servers crashed more often on launch day than dayz servers do in pre-alpha. Kinda comparing limes with oranges, but what I want to say is, that it is still not worth its price.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

GG for blaming EA, when its equally AMDs fault. Whose code is Mantle, and this update includes... oh wait, Mantle. We don't know the extent of the issues but like I said injecting code into already finished code is a platinum. Ask any programmer, they will tell you the same exact thing. Nice hate train.

Well, EA is responsible for the call nonetheless. AMD asked for the implementation. And EA made the call.

the rendering devs are different than other devs. 

my take on this is that AMD delayed it, so they can get the most out of the card sales due to stoked people, then release it, people finding out the performance gain is like 5-10 percent, and AMD is all *trollface*

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]