Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Welcome iGameOver! ...I have two of those t shirts but in white print :)

I've noticed for about 24 Hrs now, perhaps slightly more my PPD have been awful.

Has anyone else noticed this? ....I'm wondering if it's the witcher drivers from nVidia hmm

I've gone from 300k - 500k down to a mere 50k - 80k ...noticed across half a dozen WU's now

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

Welcome iGameOver! ...I have two of those t shirts but in white print :)

I've noticed for about 24 Hrs now, perhaps slightly more my PPD have been awful.

Has anyone else noticed this? ....I'm wondering if it's the witcher drivers from nVidia hmm

I've gone from 300k - 500k down to a mere 50k - 80k ...noticed across half a dozen WU's now

Check the FahCore of the Work Unit that you are working on. Core 15 gives awful PPD for 900-Series GPU's. As well as no quick return bonus for finish it faster.

Check the FahCore of the Work Unit that you are working on. Core 15 gives awful PPD for 900-Series GPU's. As well as no quick return bonus for finish it faster.

Oh! perhaps you are right, I've just noticed this morning i'm on a core 17 and it's back up to 500k ...I must have had several 15's in a row.

Thankyou :)

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

5 Billion points :D

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I just read the tips and tricks for folding users. Can someone explain to me why you want to leave one core free for each GPU running folding? I noticed it left a core free when I started folding so I changed my settings so it used all cores. I don't seem to be having any issues. I have ~350,000 PPD with ~340,000 PPD coming from my GTX 980 and ~10,000 PPD coming from my 4770k. My temperatues don't exceed 70 degrees Celsius. Is this fine? Or should I leave a core free? If so, why?

I just decide to join up as well. One problem, The setup I have wont work so I am going to build a dedicated system instead, with of course one hang up . . . $$$.

It will take time but I will build a system -not the grandest- that will do the trick so I will get this done ... some 3-9 months down the road I hope to get to contribute so wish me luck.. I am soooo looking forward to this.

*Edit* I know somebody will ask this, my system currently is my ASUS ROG G75VW laptop (with some upgrades). It is my always-on-the-go device and my gaming device as well. I use more for work than anything else nowadays. I know that I am breaking gaming code and using a ROG machine for work but heck why lower the standard? I like top of the line equipment.  B) My desktop died years ago and I have just not been able to build a new one... :(

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 Billion points :D

Bloody hell mate, that's awesome.

I'm just on 4Mil after about 2 weeks ...I originally started years back on my ps3 ...but that has a total of like 200k points for the entire team I started

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Deltek

It looks like you have been folding now for years Whaler, is that the case?   If so have you ever stopped, presuming you're folding 24/7 ?

Just started folding with my imac for now, gaming rig coming this friday, glad i can contribute

I just read the tips and tricks for folding users. Can someone explain to me why you want to leave one core free for each GPU running folding? I noticed it left a core free when I started folding so I changed my settings so it used all cores. I don't seem to be having any issues. I have ~350,000 PPD with ~340,000 PPD coming from my GTX 980 and ~10,000 PPD coming from my 4770k. My temperatues don't exceed 70 degrees Celsius. Is this fine? Or should I leave a core free? If so, why?

Some specific GPU cores use some CPU resources. Some WU's more than others. So not having a core free can effect your PPD a bit. Hence why the client does this by default. If you not having any issues, than you all good.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Just a notification to the folding team staff

I'm hanging up the folding for a short while because both I and my PC are ill, so i'll be playing a crapload of games and there's something not quite right with the PC but I can't nail it down, but it only happens under heavy load. It's also getting a new case and everything pretty much, but I will put some jigahurtzz in where possible.

Crease well, fellow protein simulators

Best of luck!

Bloody hell mate, that's awesome.

I'm just on 4Mil after about 2 weeks ...I originally started years back on my ps3 ...but that has a total of like 200k points for the entire team I started

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Deltek

It looks like you have been folding now for years Whaler, is that the case?   If so have you ever stopped, presuming you're folding 24/7 ?

I meant 5B for the team. :)

Been folding on and off for years now, for a long time to the default pool. Last two years all LTT. Pretty much 7/24 with tons of various setups and configs as I test things...

I feel good about using my computer xD

JBLtPcp.png

"We will build a firewall, the firewall will work, the firewall will be successful and if you don't think firewalls work all you have to do is ask Yahoo" 

I feel good about using my computer xD

Make sure to grab a passkey later  :)

Im keeping a chart of my Work Units and Points, too bad you cant mix both of the charts together since Points get way more xD

"We will build a firewall, the firewall will work, the firewall will be successful and if you don't think firewalls work all you have to do is ask Yahoo" 

Started folding. At 4 work units at the moment towards LTT group. :)

I'm afraid one day I will relapse so I want a cure by then for blood cancer or any type of cancer. I also plan on working my way towards getting an education at Stanford to do research.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

And I just joined the folding team with my home server, running an Intel Core 2 Q9400!

I was going to put my image signature here, but the forum said I couldn't.

Im keeping a chart of my Work Units and Points, too bad you cant mix both of the charts together since Points get way more xD

Hate to necropost here.. But your signature makes so sense. o_o

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

im trying the folding but there is a question, why mine is on the webpage and requesting passkeys just leads me to 505 error.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Hate to necropost here.. But your signature makes so sense. o_o

xD, I should really change it

Is the F@H site down? I'm try to see how many WU I have and I'm getting "Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at fah-web.stanford.edu Port 80"

HTID

I'm going, Maybe you should check this: https://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/ for more information.