XBOXONE lets you do TWO (2) things at the same time with SNAP

nicehat

I cant understand how or why the console vs PC debate even exists. This, THIS is a selling point! GREAT! I can watch TV while I game for 200% more FUN!

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

2 or more monitors... nuff said.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Xbox, snap distracions. You wouldn't be able to play reading or watching something there, why do they think this is useful?

Cant tell if being sarcastic or not.

The "snap" featre is actually kind of cool. A feature that we pc gamers have enjoyed for a long time, its about time that it came to the consoles. I can think of countless times when ive been watching Youtube or reading console commands when playing games.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

This is actually pretty cool. Now you don't have to constantly keep pausing your game to reply to a message or choosing a different song to listen too.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I'm sorry but what is with microdick trying to push the Windows 8 experience onto everything. For example you can split the screen into 1/3rds in Windows 8 but the problem is using 1/3rd of your screen makes 90% of applications useless unless all it does is IM. Also how are you supposed to sue the other side of the screen while you are gaming?

Is it me or does that game look like balls?

Btw, steam lets you do the same thing. Or you can just run the game in windowed full screen and do whatever you want at the same time. Not very innovative to be honest.

At this point it should be an expectation rather than a feature...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

2 or more monitors... nuff said.

Pretty much this. 

PS4 lets you download games and play them. AT THE SAME TIME. 

Even PC doesn't do that (yet). Mind you, obviously the PS4's uses in this scenario are limited (i.e. comparing downloading updates and patches while being able to play the game to something like watching TV or wtv isn't exactly a good comparison, but it kinda works). 

What I hear from M$: "TV. TV TV TV. TV TV. TV."

What I hear from Sony: "Games. Games Games Games. Games. Games Games." 

Which do I prefer to experience? Games.

When was the last time I actually watched TV (defined as Satelite or Cable)? I don't know. A year ago? Back when I was interested in The Walking Dead. 

And even then, when I realized AMC had their episodes online at the same time as the ones on TV released, I started watching it there. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I would love to see him go around the Top Gear test track. Judging by the gameplay, he would be terrible.

Anyways, I definitely like this idea but it seems as though that you might get a little bit distracted while playing a game. Unless it was a singleplayer game or a open-world racing game like Forza Horizon or NFS: Most Wanted and Rivals.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Pretty much this. 

Even PC doesn't do that (yet). Mind you, obviously the PS4's uses in this scenario are limited (i.e. comparing downloading updates and patches while being able to play the game to something like watching TV or wtv isn't exactly a good comparison, but it kinda works). 

Which do I prefer to experience? Games. When was the last time I actually watched TV (defined as Satelite or Cable)? I don't know. A year ago?

Honestly you are spot on!

But keep one thing in mind, it's only a matter of time (2 years max) until PS4 and Xbox One drive their corporate dicks up the customers asses.

It's gonna hit HARD and most console gamers won't see it coming.

Those draconian DRM schemes that M$ had will return!

PS4 will adopt their own DRM and game sharing policies too, just as they were rumored to implement until M$ had such a PR nightmare.

It won't be roses in a year or 2...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Pretty much this. 

Which do I prefer to experience? Games. When was the last time I actually watched TV (defined as Satelite or Cable)? I don't know. A year ago?

Well technically if you download from steam and play from origin or vise versa, you can download and play at the same time  :ph34r: Ninja... But I know what you mean. If I was to get a console I would go PS4... M$ and their $$$ man...

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

I would love to see him go around the Top Gear test track. Judging by the gameplay, he would be terrible.

Anyways, I definitely like this idea but it seems as though that you might get a little bit distracted while playing a game. Unless it was a singleplayer game or a open-world racing game like Forza Horizon or NFS: Most Wanted and Rivals.

Shut up Clarkson :P

We all know you're a shit driver :D

Hail Sithis!

Well technically if you download from steam and play from origin or vise versa, you can download and play at the same time  :ph34r: Ninja... But I know what you mean. If I was to get a console I would go PS4... M$ and their $$$ man...

Once again, in 2 years they will be indistinguishable. 

Hail Sithis!

Only two things at once, oh.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Once again, in 2 years they will be indistinguishable. 

Yeah good point. PC woot woot!! 

My rigs

Spoiler

Honestly you are spot on!

But keep one thing in mind, it's only a matter of time (2 years max) until PS4 and Xbox One drive their corporate dicks up the customers asses.

It's gonna hit HARD and most console gamers won't see it coming.

Those draconian DRM schemes that M$ had will return!

PS4 will adopt their own DRM and game sharing policies too, just as they were rumored to implement until M$ had such a PR nightmare.

It won't be roses in a year or 2...

Hmmmm, I honestly don't know what to say. PS4 already has their own rumored DRM, No used games and they will collect all voice and text communications (you already stated that), and Sony is known to stick with its policies. Microsoft on the other hand, I'm not really sure about them, yes, I'm buying an Xbox One, I didn't mind most of their original policies besides the Kinect and no used games but still, what they did was stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back but I don't see it happening unless *cough* NSA *cough* has a lot more control by then.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Hmmmm, I honestly don't know what to say. PS4 already has their own rumored DRM, No used games and they will collect all voice and text communications (you already stated that), and Sony is known to stick with its policies. Microsoft on the other hand, I'm not really sure about them, yes, I'm buying an Xbox One, I didn't mind most of their original policies besides the Kinect and no used games but still, what they did was stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back but I don't see it happening unless *cough* NSA *cough* has a lot more control by then.

The NSA doesn't have anything to do with it really.

They are still selling your data regardless if the DRM implementation is in place or not.

So that part doesn't matter.

However what does matter is them locking you down into using their products.

Look at Sony, No MP3 support (as of yet) and forcing you to use their services. That's just the start of things, just wait till customers get used to it! They'll start sinking you further and further.

If you like that sort of thing, go ahead. I enjoy freedom and choice. That's why I play PC.

Hail Sithis!

The PC has been able to do that. It's called having 2 Monitors. You just connect another display to your computer and you can play games while having a browser on the other screen.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Old news this was talked about in original press release

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Look at Sony, No MP3 support (as of yet) and forcing you to use their services. That's just the start of things, just wait till customers get used to it! They'll start sinking you further and further.

If you like that sort of thing, go ahead. I enjoy freedom and choice. That's why I play PC.

MP3/DLNA support is coming. Yoshida pretty much confirmed it. 

If by "forcing you to use their services", you mean buying PS+ to play online, I want you to fully understand what that means. 

All the stuff that PS+ members had exclusively for PS3, are free and automatically yours for PS4 (Automatic updates, cloud saves, things like that). Whereas the things that were free are now not (online play, and that's literally it). 

So they traded one service for many. And the amount of services you get free outnumber the one you have to pay to have (online play) by a lot I think, or at least quite a few. The only reason people are bothered by that is that it was originally free, it is the most used service (online play), and they usually overlook the fact that the other services are now free and automatic for everyone. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly trying to change your mind about it or wtv. I just want people to fully realize what Sony did and not focus on the "bad" without actually considering the "good". 

And personally, I don't believe Sony will do what you say they will (where you say they will be indistinguishable from M$ in 2 years). Why? No reason other than hope. I'm the optimist. That and Sony has always been my company. Again, don't get me wrong. I call myself a fanboy, but I do still watch them and won't tolerate BS. If they truly are indistinguishable in 2 years, I won't buy their products/services anymore. Simple as that. 

I just think they are knocking this generation's launch out of the park. Whether that will stay as time goes on, I don't know, but again, I'm hopeful. 

Plus, I just don't see how anyone can complain about being forced to pay for PS+ to play online. I just don't. I have said it before, and I will say it again. I bought a year long subscription to PS+ 4 months ago for $50. I have over $100 in free games already. That I keep, pretty much forever. Yes, I can't play them if I'm not a PS+ member, but at the same time, they pretty much are acting like that whole "free games every month" thing will always be a "thing". 

So, as far as I am concerned, PS+ is more than worth it. I expect to have over $300 worth of games by the time a year has fully passed (all for PS3 and PS vita of course, I doubt PS4 will get free games until a few months after launch). 

So I would have gotten $300 worth of games for $50, and been able to play online. That is Steam Sale level savings. It literally rivals those sales. Obviously you don't get to choose the games, but at the same time, they aren't shitty games. Uncharted 3? Hitman: Absolution? Shadow of Colossus and ICO? Great Great games. 

I'm sorry I wrote such a long post, but I just don't like how people can sometimes ignore what good some companies do and focus so much on the bad. The trade off is more than worth it and I can't see how anyone could say otherwise because the difference is so big.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Currently my favorite thing to do is watch Bones while playing Super Meat Boy. Very glad I can use two displays instead of having that little pissy 4x8 inch in the top corner of the Xbox display. Also very glad I don't have to use voice to do it.

Console gamers, GOML.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

MP3/DLNA support is coming. Yoshida pretty much confirmed it.

If by "forcing you to use their services", you mean buying PS+ to play online, I want you to fully understand what that means.

All the stuff that PS+ members had exclusively for PS3, are free and automatically yours for PS4 (Automatic updates, cloud saves, things like that). Whereas the things that were free are now not (online play, and that's literally it).

So they traded one service for many. And the amount of services you get free outnumber the one you have to pay to have (online play) by a lot I think, or at least quite a few. The only reason people are bothered by that is that it was originally free, it is the most used service (online play), and they usually overlook the fact that the other services are now free and automatic for everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly trying to change your mind about it or wtv. I just want people to fully realize what Sony did and not focus on the "bad" without actually considering the "good".

And personally, I don't believe Sony will do what you say they will (where you say they will be indistinguishable from M$ in 2 years). Why? No reason other than hope. I'm the optimist. That and Sony has always been my company. Again, don't get me wrong. I call myself a fanboy, but I do still watch them and won't tolerate BS. If they truly are indistinguishable in 2 years, I won't buy their products/services anymore. Simple as that.

I just think they are knocking this generation's launch out of the park. Whether that will stay as time goes on, I don't know, but again, I'm hopeful.

Plus, I just don't see how anyone can complain about being forced to pay for PS+ to play online. I just don't. I have said it before, and I will say it again. I bought a year long subscription to PS+ 4 months ago for $50. I have over $100 in free games already. That I keep, pretty much forever. Yes, I can't play them if I'm not a PS+ member, but at the same time, they pretty much are acting like that whole "free games every month" thing will always be a "thing".

So, as far as I am concerned, PS+ is more than worth it. I expect to have over $300 worth of games by the time a year has fully passed (all for PS3 and PS vita of course, I doubt PS4 will get free games until a few months after launch).

So I would have gotten $300 worth of games for $50, and been able to play online. That is Steam Sale level savings. It literally rivals those sales. Obviously you don't get to choose the games, but at the same time, they aren't shitty games. Uncharted 3? Hitman: Absolution? Shadow of Colossus and ICO? Great Great games.

I'm sorry I wrote such a long post, but I just don't like how people can sometimes ignore what good some companies do and focus so much on the bad. The trade off is more than worth it and I can't see how anyone could say otherwise because the difference is so big.

I don't want top leave a long reply. I'm on mobile and such. But the reason I say they will be indistinguishable from Microsoft is because they had DRM on their mind before Microsoft had a horrible backlash and they rescinded it before they announced it. That is a rumor but it makes sense due to how they handled things. Time will tell but to be honest, neither one of them sound appeasing to me. Of I had to chose it would be the PS4.

Hail Sithis!

TWO ZINGS UND TWO ZINGS ONLY!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.