XBOXONE lets you do TWO (2) things at the same time with SNAP

nicehat

This is actually pretty cool. Now you don't have to constantly keep pausing your game to reply to a message or choosing a different song to listen too.

actually it pauses itself everytime you say xbox snap :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

This guy is so horrible at games..... No wonder why they're pushing TV

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Wow, 2 windows at the same time! that's revolutionary!!! Still it looks nicely implemented, I wonder how it will effect performance of the game, though, especially if watching videos. On a sidenote, I really hope those are not the final graphics of the game because that looks like utter crap...

Pretty much this. 

PS4 lets you download games and play them. AT THE SAME TIME. 

Even PC doesn't do that (yet). Mind you, obviously the PS4's uses in this scenario are limited (i.e. comparing downloading updates and patches while being able to play the game to something like watching TV or wtv isn't exactly a good comparison, but it kinda works). 

What I hear from M$: "TV. TV TV TV. TV TV. TV."

What I hear from Sony: "Games. Games Games Games. Games. Games Games." 

Which do I prefer to experience? Games.

When was the last time I actually watched TV (defined as Satelite or Cable)? I don't know. A year ago? Back when I was interested in The Walking Dead. 

And even then, when I realized AMC had their episodes online at the same time as the ones on TV released, I started watching it there. 

Well there are exceptions world of warcraft lets you download and play

This is actually pretty cool. Now you don't have to constantly keep pausing your game to reply to a message or choosing a different song to listen too.

Well technically you will still need to pause the game.  When you switch to the snapped window to say change the song, the game will pause.  Its definitely cool for people who have played on consoles all their lives I suppose.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Clearly consoles are innovating and pushing technologic boundries!

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Well technically you will still need to pause the game. When you switch to the snapped window to say change the song, the game will pause. Its definitely cool for people who have played on consoles all their lives I suppose.

yeah your right, I guess it will just make it a little faster. Owell atleast I dont have to pause my game on my pc when wanting to do anything else in another window. The power of more than 1 monitor haha.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Steam overlay allows you to do this; A extra monitor; Window mode game. 

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

Well there are exceptions world of warcraft lets you download and play

Yes, rare exceptions.

Whereas it's pretty much gonna be on all major games for the PS4 IIRC. 

You would think PC would've thought of this sooner. But noooo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

xbone does too, please.

Xbox, snap distracions. You wouldn't be able to play reading or watching something there, why do they think this is useful?

only thing i can think of is having a walkthrough youtube video on the side while playing some game.

The PC has been able to do that. It's called having 2 Monitors. You just connect another display to your computer and you can play games while having a browser on the other screen.

i think the OP was being sarcastic.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Yeey TV again xD. Lol joking, tho' it's not that bad of an idea. To all the haters.. it's not like you are going to use it if you don't want to *cough*  I mean it's not like you are going to buy a xbone anyways xD.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Ohhhhh so this is why so many games are running @ 720p

cant stand how they are selling this as revolutionary.

How bad must it be, if being able to do 2 things at the same time is a selling point.

1065225 10152935759950316 1476485107 O

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes but you don't even need multi-monitor, windows 7 introduced aerosnap back in 2009 for a reason..

The biggest problem I see is all the playstation fanboys (who used to complain about xbox live having a fee and now ps+ having a fee) are getting a bigger army with all the xbox hate instead of joining the pc master race.

so by slagging off the xbox all we're doing is reinforcing consoles as a valid option, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind.

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

Its like Windows 8.1. I find this useful on Windows as I could use a small portion of the screen for messaging and another one for browsing without getting a second monitor. And its a great feature on consoles imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I like snap too!

Please don't come to my house and kill me, please

That seems pretty useful, but having that always listening thing can be the cause of a whole bunch of trolling.

Like your little brother is just being a annoying by shouting out commands to the xbox while you are gaming

Pretty much this. 

Even PC doesn't do that (yet). Mind you, obviously the PS4's uses in this scenario are limited (i.e. comparing downloading updates and patches while being able to play the game to something like watching TV or wtv isn't exactly a good comparison, but it kinda works). 

What I hear from M$: "TV. TV TV TV. TV TV. TV."

What I hear from Sony: "Games. Games Games Games. Games. Games Games." 

Which do I prefer to experience? Games.

When was the last time I actually watched TV (defined as Satelite or Cable)? I don't know. A year ago? Back when I was interested in The Walking Dead. 

And even then, when I realized AMC had their episodes online at the same time as the ones on TV released, I started watching it there. 

lol downloading and playing the game at the same time is old news Blizzard have been doing that for a while now on the pc and its awesome to have the option to have 2 things open at a time like have youre music app open.

I've been using two monitors for years now along with playing games while using a browser/other application.

This isn't anything new, its just something they are FINALLY catching up on, even if there implementation isn't exactly useful in any sort of way other than IM/twitter because the slice of screen is too small to do anything anything else....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B