The easy option for a computer desk.

ttam

Damn I couldn't pass it up. I even bought 2 wall mount shelves for $3 bucks a piece!!!

I'll post some pics of my setup when I get it here. Ikea said it should be here by the 4th or 5th of march no speedy shipping options.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

• 2 months later...

$200 shipping, what a joke. And I live no where near an ikea store, so this is not an option for me. Shame cuz the desk looks like what I would need  

The current cheap desk feet are really wiggly, is there anything possible to fix this?

cool room, but how does it work with black desk, regarding gunk and dust. do you see it a lot? and does it require a lot of cleaning?

If I had the space I would go with that. But I don't.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

I recently built a workshop desk in my basement. I had a really ghetto IKEA desk laying around, decked out with holes, cut, and an orange spray paint finish. Long story short, I bought a long $25 birchwood panel, used a drill and short screws and screwed on the IKEA table legs. I'm thinking a about adding a plywood panel above so I don't mess up the birchwood and make it look ghetto. Anyways, pic related.

post-220089-0-16742000-1430614185_thumb.

junker build in the making

Tighten the screws

Even more? I'll try but they are so tight already. Might actually break the tabletop.

But thanks.

Even more? I'll try but they are so tight already. Might actually break the tabletop.

But thanks.

Can you feel the top of the leg at the table moving? If you can, tighten it. If not, then don't.

Can you feel the top of the leg at the table moving? If you can, tighten it. If not, then don't.

It's not, it's just wiggly and I've been adjusting the height circles for ages. mmh

Does ikea have those sliding out keyboard trays to buy?

Can I live with you. Plez.

Luffy, you can live with me <3... I'll be your Boa Hancock

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Just bought one of these desks today (Black Adils legs and small white linmon tabletop) and it only cost $26CAD! The desk is a little wobbly and too high for my chair but I'll get a new one soon. I'm so glad I saw this topic before I went desk shopping!

Got the cheapo Linnmon 39" and Adils legs, was unexpected but its pretty shaky when typing, according to typeracer, I type at 75.72 WPM.

Just bought a 47 inch table with adjustable legs.

The desk is pretty wobbly. It's fine while typing but it will move slightly if I jerk my mouse, also moving will make it wobble. The screws are tightened all the way, the legs aren't moving, it's just Ikea being Ikea.

Overall a pretty nice desk though. The wobbly is reduced with more weight on the desk.

when i get around to my $5000 dollar build i'll throw in an ikea desk too but that will be in a few years when like i have money to just wish away everyone's got a hobby right?

If you could explain how that corner was done that'd be great.

The white stand on the far left side of the picture supports the far right side of the desk which is against the wall. The metal leg is the support for the other desk piece. It's 3 different desk pieces placed edge to edge.

Wow.. I literally forgot to post this for just over 2 hours. :-/

b7jWUzS.jpg

5VT6wmw.jpg

G²

I just picked up one of the $45 78 inch ones and it is amazing. Ill post pics in a bit once my back is healed up.

wow, thats a lot of bees!

Just came across this thread from another.  Tagging to read later.  I'm redoing my office and looking for new desks. This seems like a nice guide to do it for cheap!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

@ttam

Have you used the top coupler things.

Im buying this weekend and meed to know weather to get the couplers or to get real legs for them all

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

@ttam

Have you used the top coupler things.

Im buying this weekend and meed to know weather to get the couplers or to get real legs for them all

All the legs & desks will align up so you don't need anything special for them. Pick the table top and the legs/stand/trestle that you want

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Isn't this kind of table really shaky or did you screw it to the wall or some other sneaky little trick?

2 π noscope

/powered by mountain dew and doritos/

Isn't this kind of table really shaky or did you screw it to the wall or some other sneaky little trick?

Nope, it's just like any other desk :)

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames