Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

Yea, you might be right, I'm not sure? Looking at them now they do look like they would straighten the flow, I know its possible to alter the exhaust behaviour with various filters etc. too like how the Corsair APs work.

Looking forward to your next update :) I'm particularly fond of how your water block and neoprene tube looks, very tidy :D

(Quotes seem to be broken for me, both quick and manual quote aren't working properly :( )

Yea I thought that why the did because then you wouldn't loose any pressure from the rad having to straighten the air. This is also why they are generally more quiet on rad than other fans.

Thanks it really took some thinking to get that the way it is. Not to mention I can stress enough how much of a pain it was to bleed.

I would contact his Slickness or another admin/mod about that.

z4LE1Gv.png

Update #043: Baring it all. | 2013.11.02

Here are just some pics of the rest of the panels pulled off the main side of the case. I wanted to take a look at what, where, and think about how ill be doing that little bit of modding.

IMG_7685.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Some of you may have been wondering what those 120mm to 140mm fan adapters and the adapted fans were for.

Mostly Whoosh? You mean Lots 'o' Whoosh? ;)

Also getting that keyboard for that reason is actually a really good idea, I just liked the different colour caps. I was so annoyed when my Zboard Merc died on me earlier this year after having it for around 5-6 years =[ Now I'm just gonna wait, I need a GPU and a new mobo to finish my PC really then I'll get the new Corsair RGB when it comes out in MX blue I think.

Mostly Whoosh? You mean Lots 'o' Whoosh? ;)

Also getting that keyboard for that reason is actually a really good idea, I just liked the different colour caps. I was so annoyed when my Zboard Merc died on me earlier this year after having it for around 5-6 years =[ Now I'm just gonna wait, I need a GPU and a new mobo to finish my PC really then I'll get the new Corsair RGB when it comes out in MX blue I think.

No there is a far larger percentage of whoosh than sploosh in this build so I think mostly fits fine.

Only thing cool about the rgb is the fact you can program the LEDs and possibly program the entire board layout wise but if you just want a standard board I really don't see any reason to pay for that other stuff.

That is a lot of noctua and it certainly explains the project banner lol

:D :D :D :D :D

oh and don't worry there's more to come ;)

Only thing cool about the rgb is the fact you can program the LEDs and possibly program the entire board layout wise but if you just want a standard board I really don't see any reason to pay for that other stuff.

Because I want a cherry switch because I love the click sounds of older keyboards and cherry has the same sort of click and well it looks a lot nicer than this

001.JPG

It kinda doesn't go with my Kone XTD or my 750D so yeah :P I've thought about painting it black as well

Because I want a cherry switch because I love the click sounds of older keyboards and cherry has the same sort of click and well it looks a lot nicer than this

001.JPG

It kinda doesn't go with my Kone XTD or my 750D so yeah :P I've thought about painting it black as well

I was wondering why the Corasir RGB and not like any other Chery MX board.

I was wondering why the Corasir RGB and not like any other Chery MX board.

Just for the looks more than anything. If I change my colours in my PC then I won't have to buy a new keyboard to match :)

Just for the looks more than anything. If I change my colours in my PC then I won't have to buy a new keyboard to match :)

Or u know you could just have no LEDs :D

I can only imagine how fun and rgb LEDs would be when fixing things or modding.

Or u know you could just have no LEDs :D

I can only imagine how fun and rgb LEDs would be when fixing things or modding.

But I like the shiny!!

Yeah I just wa... Oooh shiny!.... Yeah lost what I was going to say ;)

But I like the shiny!!

Yeah I just wa... Oooh shiny!.... Yeah lost what I was going to say ;)

get metal keycaps, plenty of shiny ;)

IMG_3090.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

get metal keycaps, plenty of shiny ;)

oh god what is with the thick cords? also don't really care for the gold/ backlights

oh god what is with the thick cords? also don't really care for the gold/ backlights

Those are aramid armor sleeved mini-b USB cables.

I think the numpad and gold looks good but Ill have to agree that green might not have been the best color to go with but i build the numpad after the keyboard and wanted it to match. What color do you think would have been better? Alos the leds di turn off completely.

There will be update(s) posted today!

I swear i really mean it this time.

Those are aramid armor sleeved mini-b USB cables.

I think the numpad and gold looks good but Ill have to agree that green might not have been the best color to go with but i build the numpad after the keyboard and wanted it to match. What color do you think would have been better? Alos the leds di turn off completely.

I have a thick mini usb cable and i think that looks big on my keyboard but but those look like they were sleeved with rope lol.

I really don't know what color would go that well with the gold. I will say the orange under the punisher skull doesn't look bad, maybe none is best. But i don't really care for back lights anyways.

There will be update(s) posted today!

I swear i really mean it this time.

I fell for that once before... 

I have a thick mini usb cable and i think that looks big on my keyboard but but those look like they were sleeved with rope lol.

I really don't know what color would go that well with the gold. I will say the orange under the punisher skull doesn't look bad, maybe none is best. But i don't really care for back lights anyways.

I fell for that once before...

yea and you could probably use it as rope too ;) If your wondering Aramid Armor is basically a type of kevlar that one step up from the normal stuff you see/hear about.

yea I have orange as the lock LEDs on bithe the keyboard and numpad. I think the WASD on the keyboard is blue but I never has WASD on any of my boards since it makes them look unbalanced.

But I promise I swear.

yea and you could probably use it as rope too ;) If your wondering Aramid Armor is basically a type of kevlar that one step up from the normal stuff you see/hear about.

yea I have orange as the lock LEDs on bithe the keyboard and numpad. I think the WASD on the keyboard is blue but I never has WASD on any of my boards since it makes them look unbalanced.

But I promise I swear.

what are you trying to say that you know where wasd is on a keyboard like any competent gamer and that there is no need for a feature to tell us where keys we always use are... if so i agree lol

what are you trying to say that you know where wasd is on a keyboard like any competent gamer and that there is no need for a feature to tell us where keys we always use are... if so i agree lol

lol that but I would turn it on if my arrow keys had leds too cause then it would be more balanced and the I could have more LEDs or another color on the keyboard. On one of my boards this would look really good.

lol that but I would turn it on if my arrow keys had leds too cause then it would be more balanced and the I could have more LEDs or another color on the keyboard. On one of my boards this would look really good.

I just find it funny that backlight keyboards are marketed to gamers as if they don't know the keyboard layout better them most people do. I really don't care for backlight in general but I would rather have a full backlight then just random keys.

I just find it funny that backlight keyboards are marketed to gamers as if they don't know the keyboard layout better them most people do. I really don't care for backlight in general but I would rather have a full backlight then just random keys.

Well from what ive seen from all the people that say they need a backlight keyboard for at night I think youd be surprised. i always though that backlighting wasd was stupid because you really need to know the other keys more often than not so back light all those and not wasd, IDK. I game using my orbweaver now which i am far happier with than I ever was with a keyboard.

Well from what ive seen from all the people that say they need a backlight keyboard for at night I think youd be surprised. i always though that backlighting wasd was stupid because you really need to know the other keys more often than not so back light all those and not wasd, IDK. I game using my orbweaver now which i am far happier with than I ever was with a keyboard.

I don't disagree with the concept of the orbweaver I have never tried on though. I know I could play games in the dark far before i could touch type so i don't really see the need for the backlight if it is for gaming.  I see if more for people that don't know the keyboard layout or how to touch type. Being able to game with out looking has really fucked up my typing skills because that is where I learned how to touch type so I type with my left hand over wasd and only use  3 fingers on my right hand lol

Such Noctua! So many fans in there... You wont miss the airflow :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

z4LE1Gv.png

Update #044: Too close, too close. | 2013.11.02

Since the fans had some clearance issues I thought I would test fit one of the finished ram coolers to see if they caused anything additional I may have to worry about. For the testing I used a set of fans I had lying around since it was easier and I had to worry less. In the last two pictures you can see the left ram cooler contacting the rear fans. This is without the fan grills on so im going to have to figure out something there as well.

IMG_7692.jpg

IMG_7694.jpg

IMG_7697.jpg

IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_7703.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

IMG_7716.jpg

IMG_7720.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!