Intel to launch Broadwell- E processor Lineup At Computex 2016 in June

Mr_Troll
Intel Unleashing its Broadwell-E HEDT Lineup At Computex 2016 in June – 10 Core/20 Thread Core i7 6950X Leads the Pack

Intel is going to launch their Broadwell-E lineup at Computex 2016 and the SKUs in question were just revealed by Benchlife.info. Enthusiasts will be pleased to learn that the flagship model will feature upto 10 cores/20 threads. This is the first deca-core on the commercial market and a step up in the offerings from Intel. The processors will utilize the same x99 motherboard although add-in-board partners of Intel will be updating the feature set of their existing lineup.

Intel’s 14nm Broadwell-E lineup launching in first week of June – features massive deca-core Core i7 6950X flagship

It looks like we finally have a concrete date to look out for; that of Computex 2016. The 36th edition of global professional ICT trade show COMPUTEX TAIPEI will take place from May 31st to June 4th, 2016 in Taipei. The Broadwell-E lineup is based on Intel’s 14nm process and consists of an architectural shrink (from Haswell). Intel has also expanded the usual 3 tier lineup of processors to a 4 tier lineup (one additional SKU). One of the rather interesting things about this lineup is that Intel is finally usin a somewhat sensible nomenclature. Gone are the xx20 and xx30 naming schemes. Instead, they are now following one with regular intervals. The Broadwell-E lineup consists of Core i7 6950X, Core i7 6900K, Core i7 6850K and the Core i7 6800K

MSI-X99A-GODLIKE-GAMING.png

The X99 “Wellsburg” platform will be supported with this lineup and features upto 40 PCI-e lanes. It is also worth noting, that previously, the official word from Intel had state that the platform will only have upto 8 Cores (something which has now been changed to a full 10 cores). The platfrom also has a configurable integrated memory controller which can adjust the base clock to 2133 Mhz or 2400 Mhz (as opposed to dynamically overclocking it – which is what usually happens). This is the perfect platform to own for enthusiasts with deep pockets and well adjusted to run Quad SLI or Quad Crossfire. The 14nm advantage doesnt hurt either – although most of the feature offered by Skylake will be missing in this iteration of Intel’s tick/tock.

Intel Core i7-6950X (10C/20T)

The flagship part of the Broadwell-E lineup is ofcourse the Core i7 6950X and it will be replacing the older Core i7 5960X. The processor rocks 10 Broadwell based cores with 20 threads on the 14nm node. It will feature a TDP of 140W and require the LGA 2011v3 socket from Intel. It will have a massive cache osize of 25 Megabytes, roughly 2.5 MBs per core. The base clock will be 3.0 Ghz and can turbo upto a solid 3.5 Ghz. It features a 4 Channel Integrated memory Controller and will support DDR4 Memory upto 2400 Mhz (configurable to 2133Mhz). The expected MSRP would be around the $999 mark.

Intel Core i7-6900K (8C/16T)

The Intel Core i7 6900K will be replacing the Core i7 5930K – and features 8 cores with 16 threads. The TDP remains at 140W with the socket being LGA 2011 v3. The base clock of the processor is 3.2 Ghz with the turbo clock being 3.7 Ghz. The processor has a cache size of 20 MBs for roughly 2.5 MBs per core.  DDR4 memory upto 2400 Mhz will be supported and the IMC can be configured down to 2133 Mhz. Expected MSRP is around the $650 mark.

Intel Core i7-6850K (6C/12T)

The Intel Core i7-6850K will be replacing the Core i7 5820K and features 6 Cores/12 Threads. It has a TDP of 140W and requires the socket LGA 2011v3. The base clock is 3.6 Ghz and can turbo upto 3.8 Ghz.  With a cache size of 15MB you are looking at (once again) 2.5MB per core. The IMC can be configured between 2133 Mhz and 2400 Mhz. The expected MSRP should be below the $550 mark.

Intel Core i7-6800K (6C/12T)

Finally, we have the Core i7-6800K, which can arguably be considered the new addition to the finally. This processor aims to put a hexacore in the hands of the average PC user. The MSRP of this processor will probably be less than the $450 mark, making it just affordable for the average user in this market spectrum (keep in mind that this IS the high end segment). It has a cache size of 15MB with 2.5MBs per core but has a lower base clock of 3.4 Ghz (turbo upto 3.6 Ghz).

Oh wow. That 8core for 650 would be awesome. RIP 5960x .

Source:https://benchlife.info/intel-will-announce-14nm-broadwell-e-in-computex-2016-12092015/

http://wccftech.com/intel-broadwell-e-hedt-computex-2016/

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

That's so East Asia.

The Sound from the Heaven

Your Fantastic Style.

....... is that a 12-pin CPU power connector I see there?

Dayum.

Interesting...Intel is putting hexacores in lower price points.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Sorry for being skeptical here, but...

The 5820K is at the moment less expensive than the estimated price of the 6800K, also a hexacore, and supports X99 chipset (and there are some cheaper X99 motherboards)

So I don't get the point of the newer hexacores, unless they have some great TDP.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

6800k seems odd. Maybe it has less PCI-e lanes compared to 6850k?

Godlike.... Godl Ike... Goodl Ike... GoodOl Ike... Good Old Ike... That´s it I am calling it the MSI Good Old Ike

Edit: I know it makes little sense

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

Godlike.... Godl Ike... Goodl Ike... GoodOl Ike... Good Old Ike... That´s it I am calling it the MSI Good Old Ike

Edit: I know it makes little sense

1llum1n4t1 C0nf1rm3d

The 5820K is at the moment less expensive than the estimated price of the 6800K, also a hexacore, and supports X99 chipset (and there are some cheaper X99 motherboards)

So I don't get the point of the newer hexacores, unless they have some great TDP.

probably because broadwell E is 14nm and Haswell is higher manufacturing process...

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Waste of cash and too late. Anyone with 4790k or higher CPU can sit and relax unless you are rendering or encoding for living. DDR4 is nothing special either. I have calculated the cost of upgrading MB, CPU and RAM from 4790k to 6700k equivalent today - 300 Euro or around 400 USD. Upgrade from 4790k to Broadwell-E would be even more brutal. 5820m would be different story but still hardly worth it. I miss the times like Sandybridge release when performance jump was noticable without any benchmark.

Awesome, really can't wait for the 8 or 10 core.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

When will motherboard makers learn that RGB lighting is only worth it if the motherboard itself is a neutral color like white or black? I mean, whats the point of RGB lighting when the only color that'll look nice is red since thats what color the motherboard is?

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Because intel will EOL the 5820K..

I can't wait to get that 6900k.  That's going to be the best.  2016 will be wonderful.  HDR displays, Pascal and Arctic Islands, and then sub $1000 8-cores?  It's wonderful.  Now we just need a Define S-XL from Fractal *_*

I will be jumping on the i7-6900K, unless I am able to get an Extreme for a cheaper price, maybe a review unit like my 3970X.

Will have to upgrade my motherboard and ram though, not to mention the Pascal Ti cards I want to run 2-Way-SLI... Gonna be an expensive 2016 for me.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I'm confused though, by the time this launches it may welll be 2 architecture generations behind the consumer line. Not as exciting as haswell-e was.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm confused though, by the time this launches it may welll be 2 architecture generations behind the consumer line. Not as exciting as haswell-e was.

Kaby Lake isn't until Q4 2016.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Kaby Lake isn't until Q4 2016.

fair enough, but it will still be further behind than previous extreme editions have been. Skylake-E will probably be even more delayed as a result.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Kaby Lake will probably be like Devil Canyon was to Haswell. Don't expect more than a normal Skylake with improvements coming from higher frequencies, ddr4 2400 base support and better igpu.

So Broadwell-E will remain the same compared to newest consumer architecture as it has been for now.

i7 5775c @4.1GHz // 2x4GB 2400MHz CL10 // R9 285 @1120/1575MHz // SSD MX100 512GB // Z97M Gaming // RM550 // Prolimatech Megahalems+ NF-P14s Redux // Cooletk U3

Kaby Lake will probably be like Devil Canyon was to Haswell. Don't expect more than a normal Skylake with improvements coming from higher frequencies, ddr4 2400 base support and better igpu.

So Broadwell-E will remain the same compared to newest consumer architecture as it has been for now.

Intel already confirmed Kaby Lake is its own full generation and will be bringing both incremental improvements to the CPU architecture as well as the next full graphics platform which, according to recent rumor, will be fully DX 12 T3 and DX 12.1 compliant.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd