I think I just witnessed a miracle

Around March of this year my PNY 660Ti died.

It stopped giving any signal of life. I tested every port but the DisplayPort for more than a month hoping it would somehow work again and it gave out no image at all.

Since I had some cash I ended up buying an EVGA 970. It came with a defect and when I took it out of my pc to put it back in the box to RMA it I saw my old 660Ti at the back of my closet.

Out of curiosity I put it back again in the PC... not a signal to the monitor. Out of frustration I let it on for a while and thats when I listened the little startup tune of the W7. I took the DVI cable out of the card and put on my Mobo and the monitor lit up, as the PC was on I let the card there and kept using it planning to take it off later..... but I forgot and went to sleep.

Today when I turned the PC back on... HWInfo was detecting the 660Ti! WTF 
I put the cable back to the card and it worked, I even stress tested it with FurMark!

Now i'm here on my PC writing this tale of the miracle of the resurecting card!

I think my card the is the GPU equivalent of Jesus.

Intel i7-4770; ASUS Z97M-PLUS/BR ;Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz; EVGA Geforce 970 SC; Corsair TX550M; Raijintek Aeneas

IT'S ALIVE!! IT'S ALIVE!!!

Uhh.. Uh I mean awesome! 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i have a computer that has been on fire (actual smoke production) 3 times, and it still works perfectly.

get on my level. (leven of chinesium that is...)

And lo, the 660Ti will rise again to combat the sinful evils of integrated GPUs!

Please GPUsus, descendant of NVIDavid, cleanse my soul. (That's Jesus and David if you didn't get it)

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

snip

Gremlins

or aliens

58d38fcd1fd4173b0028a11d06beb247.jpg?ito

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Great, now we have to move Easter... I hate having to remember new dates.

Henceforth, on the 28th of November, the LTT community shall remember when GPUsus, the 660Ti, descendant of King NVIDavid, rose again to save us from our sins of low frame rates and underwhelming overclocks.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

Henceforth, on the 28th of November, the LTT community shall remember when GPUsus, the 660Ti, descendant of King NVIDavid, rose again to save us from our sins of low frame rates and underwhelming overclocks.

And GPUsus, descendant of NVIDavid, rose to fight the ongoing battle between the green good and the red AMDevil.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

And GPUsus, descendant of NVIDavid, rose to fight the ongoing battle between the green good and the red AMDevil.

For those that displease him will burn in hell, populated only by GTX 480s and old AMD cards: a land of eternal heat and flame.

I'm going to start a group dedicating to fighting the 660ti false prophet. I shall call it "Institute Stationed In Seattle" 

Too far?

If anyone asks you never saw me.