Anyone interested in doing a crowd sourced video compilation?

The idea:

Everyone who has a camera goes out and record whatever they find interesting.  The "raw" footage can be of any length, as long as the final footage after editing, processing is no more than 60 seconds (1 minute) long.  The video has to be a new recording, not something done in the past.  The video also cannot be multiple short segments stitched together to add up to 1 minute, it has to be a continuous scene of 1 minute.

Slow motion and time-lapse videos will be allowed of course.  So it doesn't necessarily have to be recorded with a video camera if you're doing time-lapse.

Shall we say the video has to be recorded with minimum of 1920 x 1080 Full HD, and the deadline for participation will be December 31st?

Then we combine all the footage together and see what we get with the final combined video.  Let's have some fun!

So, anyone interested?

You can contribute as many clips as you want.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Any restrictions on the "whatever they find interesting" part? I mean, if you say "whatever they find interesting", I could give you a minute long footage of something... err... nsfw (note: probably not just limited to just lewd stuff).

I'm just asking for the sake of curiosity, though.

Any restrictions on the "whatever they find interesting" part? I mean, if you say "whatever they find interesting", I could give you a minute long footage of something... err... nsfw (note: probably not just limited to just lewd stuff).

100 videos of people wanking is PROBABLY not what he wants

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well I assume we're all responsible adults here, and I won't place any restrictions.  But use your common sense and judgement.  Ask yourself this question: Does LeeWonky want everyone to know his tool is very small?

I don't mind artistic nudity or boudoir.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Sounds like a great idea, if I find time, maybe over Christmas? I'll see what I can do :)

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

Sounds like a great idea, if I find time, maybe over Christmas? I'll see what I can do :)

It doesn't have to be anything super motivational or inspirational.  Just something interesting, even a bird singing or you brushing your teeth in the morning.

It doesn't have to be anything super motivational or inspirational.  Just something interesting, even a bird singing or you brushing your teeth in the morning.

OK! I'll see what I can pull together :)

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

OK! I'll see what I can pull together :)

Watch some of the works done by director Ron Fricke.

Watch some of the works done by director Ron Fricke.

Time to watch Koyaanisqatsi again!

Not a real video guy, but this idea sounds great, might throw in something of myself If I can get a timelapse done within that time.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Anyone else?  Come on people, let's have some fun.

I have until the 31st. I need time.

I just want to know if people are interested, if so they should post here and say they are.  Perhaps make some suggestions, talk about what they want to do, what ideas they have, etc.

here's a little something. Not sure if this is the kind of thing you want, but here is my fireplace.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1L8ZGgMWVKrbHNMZDJ6TnVWczg/view?usp=sharing

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

here's a little something. Not sure if this is the kind of thing you want, but here is my fireplace.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1L8ZGgMWVKrbHNMZDJ6TnVWczg/view?usp=sharing

Well it's up to you what you want to submit, and if we get enough clips we'll put them together and see what we get.

snip

Don't worry about the resolution for the moment.  The timelapse looks very smooth, and the day to night transition is nice.  Bulb ramping?  Your camera seems to be at a slight angle though.

I don't mind the subject, just film whatever you find interesting.

I have enough horsepower to work with 4K footage, don't worry about it.