4K is awesome

SirReallySam

What were they driving all those with? o.0

7970's

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

What were they driving all those with? o.0

Quote from the article: "I lined up the displays on my 10’ long bench, and put together a dual AMD 7970 graphics setup"

this is a sweet setup. I think if it ran smooth in games it still wouldn't be enjoyable just beacuse you have to turn your head like 90 degress to see everything. It would be cool if they put these together in portrait mode.

Quote from the article: "I lined up the displays on my 10’ long bench, and put together a dual AMD 7970 graphics setup"

thanks

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

If I had the money to buy both the displays and the power to run them I would the happiest person in the world. Did anyone notice the XBone comment on it's 4K capabilities. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Since there's HDMI on those monitors... why not just add a VGA input also...  :rolleyes:

My Rigs (past and present)

"Extreme 4x1 16K wide Windows 8 desktop measuring 15,360 pixels wide"

:mellow:

Damn that's sexy...

4 Monitors looks so out of place

Yeah its because there is no primary monitor 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

EDIT: Can't imbed the pics since they're "not allowed on this community" lol

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Since there's HDMI on those monitors... why not just add a VGA input also...  :rolleyes:

HDMI can put out a 4k signal. It's limited to 30hz, but for most applications thats not a problem. (and if he's only running 2 7970s to power this I promise you he's not gaming in 4x4k) 

Make the bezel thinner, drop one monitor, and then shut up and take my money! Can't wait for 4K.

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

Gimmie

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Can't believe with how much display tech advances the bezels are still gross and huge even if your only using one monitor i think bezels should be so thing they barely exist but i did hear that they remain the size they are only for the fact that shipping is always an issue and thats a big part of it to protect the screen

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

4K set ups are just not practical yet. I know HDMI "works" but its still not enough bandwidth.

the 4K days.... they are coming.... just have to wait. give it a couple of years and just maybe 4K will be the standard, just like 1080p is today.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1