HTC’s president says "We're not copying Apple, It's Apple that copies us"

kameshss

I don't know how this HTC vs Apple is gonna end up.

While Apple filed a lawsuit on Samsung for copying their design, their devices were not something close to Apple's devices.

Now HTC's A9 is ultimately looking like an iPhone 6/6s.

HTC’s president of North Asia Jack Tong thinks it’s a combination. “We’re not copying,” he said recently, according to WantChinaTimes. “It’s Apple that copies us in terms of the antenna design on the back,” Tony added, referring to the One M7 design introduced two years ago. The A9 is made thinner and more lightweight than our previous metal-clad phones. This is a change and evolution, and we’re not copying.”

HTC-A9-1.jpg

HTC-A9-4.jpg

HTC-A9-5.jpg

Source: WANTCHINATIMES

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Copying or not still an awful phone for the price.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Copying or not still an awful phone for the price.

Which phone you are referring to?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Hahahaha....

I don't gotta put up with the "who copied" who asshattery with Motorola.

Samsung right ?! :D

For the price, yeah!

But they are good without their bloatwares and their shitty TouchWiz.

And Im John Cena, he is copying my appearance! AND STOLE MY NAME!  

Maybe I should throw a lawsuit his way? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Which phone you are referring to?

htc a9, it's 600 euro in eu.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

htc a9, it's 600 euro in eu.

That's effing ridiculous.

Here in India, An iPhone 6s Plus 128GB model costs $1420 USD. In US it's $949. 

That's effing ridiculous.

Here in India, An iPhone 6s Plus 128GB model costs $1420 USD. In US it's $949. 

People who can afford 128GB iPhones really don't care too much about that.

Spoiler

they are small bricks of aluminium. how different can they be?

They can try to be different. For eg, take LG G4, Microsoft Lumias, Samsung mobiles (now they are different), and ton other phones are there that are not looking like an iPhone.

People who can afford 128GB iPhones really don't care too much about that.

That's right, I'm trying to point out how expensive they are here than in US.

Lmao

Thats all I have to say. HTC just keeps diggin?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I always did find it a bit funny that people saw the two lines on the back of the M8 and M9 and said "HTC copying Apple's design!", even though they hardly looked any different from the M7 which also had the exact same lines, before any iPhone had them.

Can't fathom how apple thinks htc is worth going after. Htc can barely keep their head above water and will probably cease to exist very soon.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Did they change the naming scheme or is this a different series? I have the m8, m9 is the same phone, is/will there be an m10?

Did they change the naming scheme or is this a different series? I have the m8, m9 is the same phone, is/will there be an m10?

It's powered by a Snapdragon 617 CPU. So it's not a flagship device. I believe that there will be a M10 in the future.

It's powered by a Snapdragon 617 CPU. So it's not a flagship device. I believe that there will be a M10 in the future.

if they live long enough.

Finally, after releasing 3 almost identical devices , HTC does something "innovative" : it makes it thinner and puts worse specs in it since it's thinner now.

God damn it HTC.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Finally, after releasing 3 almost identical devices , HTC does something "innovative" : it makes it thinner and puts worse specs in it since it's thinner now.

God damn it HTC.

Well, it might be faster than the M9 if this doesn't throttle lol. 

Well, it might be faster than the M9 if this doesn't throttle lol. 

It's not faster than M9 even if A9 gives it's full performance without throttling.

M9 has 810. 

Pretty sure Apple had those "antennae designs" of plastic strips running through metal before the HTC did. *cough* iPhone 5 in 2012. M7 released in 2013, no? 

8051021148_6be1254b66_b.jpg

HTC has had a history of copying Apple designs. iPhone 5 antenna breaks and chamfered edges and prominent use of aluminum? Introducing the One m7. 5s introduces dual tone flash and keeps chamfered edges and gold color? One m8 has dual tone, chamfered edges and gold color now too. iPhone 6 copies HTC's all metal unibody design (which could be argued that Apple was just following the rest of their product design with the macbooks, imacs, ipads), HTC has nothing else to copy oh but wait the 6 got rid of chamfered edges and introduces a camera bulge so we'll get rid of chamfered edges and add a camera bulge on the m9 too. 6s has rose gold now? A9 has rose gold too.

I'm not saying copying is bad. It's when you copy and don't improve it and often times have an inferior version instead is what disappoints me. It's also why HTC is stumbling in sales.