Why can't I watch Netflix in Ultra HD on my PC?

SGM

As the title reads, why can't I stream 4K content on Netflix to my computer? 

I have the Ultra HD package and I have a 4K monitor (with capable graphics hardware to drive it), so what gives? Internet bandwidth isn't an issue either. 

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

your 100% sure bandwith isn't an issue?

As the title reads, why can't I stream 4K content on Netflix to my computer? 

I have the Ultra HD package and I have a 4K monitor (with capable graphics hardware to drive it), so what gives? Internet bandwidth isn't an issue either. 

Have you contacted Netflix support? Have you checked all your account settings, try setting stream quality to Highest possible and if it doesn't work to auto. 

Is the content your watching in 4k?

Only certain content is streaming in 4k.

I think you have to go into the settings and choose "high" quality under the streaming settings.

Then you'll ofc also have to go watch things that are actually in 4k on netflix.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think you have to go into the settings and choose "high" quality under the streaming settings.

Then you'll ofc also have to go watch things that are actually in 4k on netflix.

Also missed that, there's only so much content you can watch on 4K, thanks god Sense 8 is one of them. 

I know, I checked to see which content is in 4K before I tried watching. Only standard HD plays and it doesn't switch to Ultra HD.

Everything is set to the highest possible and I regularly watch 4K content on YouTube (like LTT). 

8gRtvPw.png

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

Last I heard, Netflix only supported streaming 4k content to select 4K smart tvs.

Yep, a simple Bing search yielded this.

What do I need to stream Ultra HD?

A TV compatible with Ultra HD streaming from Netflix. See below for more details.
A plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD. You can check which plan you're currently on at www.netflix.com/ChangePlan.
A steady Internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher. See below for more details.
Streaming quality set to "High." More information about video quality settings can be found in our Playback Settings article.

I know a while back, Netflix was actually only allowing 4K on authorized streaming devices, effectively making 4K streaming on any PC, regardless of processing power and bandwidth impossible.

http://www.techhive.com/article/2858474/why-you-cant-get-4k-netflix-and-amazon-on-a-pc-or-mac-even-though-theyre-capable.html

I'm not sure if that's changed since that article was posted but I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Whenever you buy the Ultra HD package (which is "bundled" into the 'stream to up to 4 devices' plan"), it's enabled automatically.

Least that's what it did for me, though I may have already had that enabled.

Last I heard, Netflix only supported streaming 4k content to select 4K smart tvs.

Yep, a simple Bing search yielded this.

Really? Well that sucks. :( 

Perhaps the content you are currently trying to view is not availible in 4K resolution?

Perhaps the content you are currently trying to view is not availible in 4K resolution?

House of cards and breaking bad are in 4k I know that, I have the internet to back it up and I can't even play it either. As others have said it's only on select devices. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500