AMD Preparing Dual-GPU Radeon R9 Fury X2 - Worlds Fastest Graphics Card

Icecube26

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=18136&graphics=Radeon%20R9%20FURY%20X2%208GB&title=AMD%20Preparing%20Dual-GPU%20Radeon%20R9%20Fury%20X2%20-%20Worlds%20Fastest%20Graphics%20Card

It looks as if AMD is preparing an absolute beast of a graphics card for the upcoming holidays. Reports suggest the new high-end flagship Radeon R9 Fury X2 is set to arrive in time for a Q4 launch, packing in dual Fiji GPUs for some insanely quick performance.
The official name of the graphics card has yet to be confirmed by AMD, but the R9 Fury X2, or R9 Fury Maxx as has been suggested, will essentially be a pair of Fury GPUs in a single graphics card. This means a stack of 4GB High Bandwidth Memory (HBM) for each GPU, totalling 8GB HBM. AMD’s graphics card features a total of 8096 Stream Processors spread across the two GPUs, with a pair of 8-pin PCIe power connectors indicating a TDP of up to 375W. In terms of the performance of this graphics card, which will surely be the most powerful graphics card on the market today, all we need to do is take a look at R9 Fury X CrossFire performance. AMD’s recent batch of graphics cards have really benefited in multi-GPU setups, and in performance benchmarks so far we can expect the R9 Fury X2 to edge out both the GTX 980 Ti SLI and GTX Titan X SLI, which would make it comfortably the most powerful graphics card on the market.All of this raw power comes at a cost obviously. Currently you can pick up a Radeon R9 Fury X for around $650, so you’re looking at $1100 - $1400 for the dual-GPU R9 Fury X2, which will put it out of the bracket of all but the most expensive gaming rigs.

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

Dat TDP tho

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

Please read the following guidelines for posting in this section of the forum.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

This would be great in my itx system, too bad it's likely only 4GB per gpu. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Considering the Fury X scales very well in CF, this is gonna be pretty powerfull card. But don't expect it to be cheap, nevertheless it won't be as expensive as the Titan Z ;)

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I don't think its going to be quite the Achilles' heel it used to be.

Feel like this is just gonna be another 295X2 :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I don't think its going to be quite the Achilles' heel it used to be.

When I buy a crossfire setup I want more vram to stretch it further into the future if I want to, otherwise it wouldn't matter to me. I'm getting by with 3.5GB fine.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Feel like this is just gonna be another 295X2 :/

why is that a bad thing? That has got to be the greatest dual GPU card in a long long time. 

muh specs 

All parts black

why is that a bad thing? That has got to be the greatest dual GPU card in a long long time. 

Personally was never a huge fan of the dual GPU card, price isnt very attractive, and the 295X2 (while being powerful) wasnt quite practical.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

When I buy a crossfire setup I want more vram to stretch it further into the future if I want to, otherwise it wouldn't matter to me. I'm getting by with 3.5GB fine.

In the future DX12 is gonna treat that VRAM differently, and better compression and higher bandwidth is going to give that 8GB total some longevity.

In the future DX12 is gonna treat that VRAM differently, and better compression and higher bandwidth is going to give that 8GB total some longevity.

I'll believe it when I see it happening. You might be underestimating how much this relies on the developers. 

muh specs 

All parts black

That reminds me of another card. One that was marketed as having 8GB which tripped people up a lot....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Personally was never a huge fan of the dual GPU card, price isnt very attractive, and the 295X2 (while being powerful) wasnt quite practical.

but it actually functioned perfectly. I mean compare it to the say titanz which was underclocked, or the 7990. 

Dual GPU cards are usually not practical price wise, but fun unique cards for unique niche builds. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I'll believe it when I see it happening. You might be underestimating how much this relies on the developers. 

It's built into the API, System sees 2 GPU's and 8GB of RAM, en bloc, I get the feeling any dev making a game for 4K or VR is going to program with 8GB of VRAM or multi GPU as a possibility.

That reminds me of another card. One that was marketed as having 8GB which tripped people up a lot....

this is exactly what I'm saying. Another '8GB' card. 4GB per gpu. I want a little more with a new dual GPU, not the same. 

muh specs 

All parts black

If the TDP/ pin connections are true, then it'll be more like a dual Nano, not a dual Fury/(X)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

but it actually functioned perfectly. I mean compare it to the say titanz which was underclocked, or the 7990. 

Dual GPU cards are usually not practical price wise, but fun unique cards for unique niche builds. 

But what do you consider perfectly functioning? From the general MO of people all over, it was loud, hot, and power hungry (tho this is obvious, 290X's are hungry little bastards)

It's built into the API, System sees 2 GPU's and 8GB of RAM, en bloc, I get the feeling any dev making a game for 4K or VR is going to program with 8GB of VRAM or multi GPU as a possibility.

It's not actually done automatically, and I doubt how smooth it will be when implemented. I'm not gonna base my purchases on it yet is what I'm saying, when my 970 doesn't even support dx12 properly. like the box said it would I feel even if it holds true, it will be a while before it's the main platform. 

muh specs 

All parts black

But what do you consider perfectly functioning? From the general MO of people all over, it was loud, hot, and power hungry (tho this is obvious, 290X's are hungry little bastards)

it was cooler than a 7990 or a titan z AND it wasn't underclocked. A perfectly functioning dual GPU card needs to not have worse performance than 2 single cards, take up 2 slots (so it can fit in an itx system) and be cooled effectively. 295x2 did all of that while looking damn sexy. 

In fact, I'd say going with an AIO was what they should have done years ago for those. 

muh specs 

All parts black

it was cooler than a 7990 or a titan z AND it wasn't underclocked. A perfectly functioning dual GPU card needs to not have worse performance than 2 single cards, take up 2 slots (so it can fit in an itx system) and be cooled effectively. 295x2 did all of that while looking damn sexy. 

In fact, I'd say going with an AIO was what they should have done years ago for those. 

Now that I think of it, who the fuck actually bought a Titan Z?

lol