[Updated] OnePlus 2 To Be Available Without Invite Oct. 12th

Suika

ab42346c1fe9756a61560dd9e7c56cb2.png

(click for sauce)

If you like high-end smartphones but can't pay the high-end price tags, this phone has probably been on your radar.

Update: OnePlus has finally given a time and date. There are going to be region locked times as well, so others get a fair chance. The list will be as follows.

Asia: 12:00-1:00 pm HKT
Europe: 12:00-1:00 pm CEST
North America: 12:00-1:00 pm PDT​, 3:00-4:00 pm ET

Original Post: This "flagship killer" has received a lot of attention and praise, being high-end and affordable, which is becoming surprisingly less common anymore. Anyway, if you're one of the five million who's reserved the device but hasn't gotten an invite yet, this news may be interesting to you. The device will become available for purchase like a regular phone would some time this month or next, but for a single hour.

Even though the phone is finally shipping out to users, the company is still extremely behind schedule. To make up for it, OnePlus has announced that it will open up sales for the OnePlus 2 sometime later this month or early next month, for one hour only. This means that during this hour, you can purchase your very own “2016 flagship killer”, no invite required.

As mentioned, the sale will be for an hour only, but once you buy the device, no more waiting for an invite. This is a heads up as well as news for anybody interested but can't grab an invite.

Unfortunately OnePlus hasn't given an exact time or date, only an estimation on when they'll have the sale. It's likely they're stocking up on units to continue invites and prepare for the sale, but the time frame is this month or next.

So yea, who's going to look out for this, and who thinks the phone just isn't worth it? Honestly, I'd snatch the Moto X Style when available for not that much more, but the OnePlus 2 is just as capable of a device for $70 less.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Followed please keep updated thanks. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Seriously, this kind of publicity stunt is getting so annoying. 

I lose my patience. Will get the Moto X Play next week.

I do agree. I really like the style and may get it when it comes for sale. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Seriously, this kind of publicity stunt is getting so annoying. 

I lose my patience. Will get the Moto X Play next week.

I wouldn't say it's publicity, but genuine issues with manufacturing. They have five million reservations, even if the margin on the device was 1%, that's a lot of goddamned money OnePlus wouldn't want to risk losing.

I wouldn't say it's publicity, but genuine issues with manufacturing. They have five million reservations, even if the margin on the device was 1%, that's a lot of goddamned money OnePlus wouldn't want to risk losing.

Just jack up the price if the demand is so high. Supply and demand, simple economics.

OnePlus has such a bad reputation these days

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Just jack up the price if the demand is so high. Supply and demand, simple economics.

The demand is only high because the price is low, raise the price and you get people buying the S6 instead. They don't want that.

The demand is only high because the price is low, raise the price and you get people buying the S6 instead. They don't want that.

Because there's totally only 2 phones on the planet, the s6 and the op2.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

OnePlus has such a bad reputation these days

That seems to be the case and I genuinely don't know why. What did they do to make people so mad at them?

Why does this company not sell these phones properly ?

What are they trying to achieve ?

Are they afraid of not keeping with the demand ????

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I got an invite. Didn't buy it.

Honestly, if you look around you can find better deals. I'm spending only an extra $75 and picking up a Note 5, which I think is a much better device.
I know, I know, TouchWiz. This will be my first Samsung device so I'll see how much I hate it.

I don't think so.

Other companies produce millions of devices. It's not really that hard, and they have a ton of capital.

Also, you wouldn't make the full 5,000,000. Even making 2,000,000 would likely see your user base fulfilled. Most people put in many, many email addresses in hopes to get one invite.

For example I put in 10.

I, however, have changed my mind and am not buying a device.

Then you have people trying to resell invites. Which this year doesn't seem lucrative at all. Most are going for under $30 on eBay. Last year they were over $100.

OnePlus has basically been beaten by Motorola. Who will ship you a device when you pay, with more features (except a fingerprint sensor for whatever horrible reason) for less.

It's actually not that low if you really think about it. They charge you shipping. So the price is actually 10% higher than they claim. Most large companies won't.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OP is a wholly owned division of OPPO. What manufacturing issues? They have none.

They could EASILY make 250k batches at a time but no, that wouldn't keep their name in the press. Thai invite system keeps their #HYPE at appropriate levels in the media. God forbid we ever stop talking about them and their silly decisions.

The Moto X is better and you can actually BUY IT. The Nexus 6 is a true flagship killer with its hilarious 350/399 price on Amazon. Even Samsung is having a fire sale on the S6 these days with sub 600 pricing in some cases.

OP isn't worth the hassle of either getting an invite or overpaying for one on eBay or another 3rd party seller. It's android. We have options. Better options, to be honest.

Smash the past

I thought the instructions were very clear. Can you really blame OnePlus for a bunch of stupid people not reading the instructions and just going out and smashing their phones? The "it's a waste" argument was decent I guess but they fixed that by letting you donate the old phone instead.

Ladies First

No idea why this blew up other than feminists trying to make everything out to be sexist. If anything it was sexist against men...

You can see my comments on it here and here. The women who had the most votes before the contest got pulled were not being objectified. For example one of the highest rated ones was a mom and her baby daughter holding a piece of paper with the logo on. OH NO SO SEXIST am I right? Their baby daughter must be traumatized for almost getting her mommy an invite. Good thing the contest was ended before the poor victims could get their prizes...

/sarcasm

Ban In India

How does this give OnePlus a bad reputation? It was Cyanogenmod that fucked them over and then they got sued by Micromax. It was not their fault at all.

Delay of the OnePlus 2

The first real criticisms I see, and it's just that they had issues with production and couldn't make as many phones as they planned for the first month, and they apologized for it.

The Moto X is better and you can actually BUY IT. The Nexus 6 is a true flagship killer with its hilarious 350/399 price on Amazon. Even Samsung is having a fire sale on the S6 these days with sub 600 pricing in some cases.

That's very debatable. The Nexus 6 has quite a few drawbacks but is very good for the price right now. The Moto X? You mean the Play? They both got benefits and drawbacks.

That seems to be the case and I genuinely don't know why. What did they do to make people so mad at them?

You're kidding right? THIS VERY FUCKING CONCEPT of invites and nonsense PR bullshit. If you can't afford a massive launch well don't do a massive launch. If you can't produce en mass though shit. But forcing people to go through invites it's a blatantly manipulative and transparent tactic to sell the stupid phone. It's just about the most anti consumer way you can market the product sort of saying "We will only sell this on top of the Everest, if you can get there you'll be entitled to the privilege of paying us money for this stupid fucking phone"

FUCK EM.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Doubt the sale will come up until the holidays until all the reserve invites are given out. Looking back at their previous one hour sales and their site loading slowly, I bet they're going to do multiple days and different hours of purchase for different time zones. So lots of chances.

Current Rig - Phone - Nexus 6 64GB- One Plus Two 64GB

RIP - One Plus One x3 - Samsung S3

I never said that. You're just missing my point. Higher prices means potential oneplus customers may consider other competing costly phones, a prime example being the S6.

Because there's totally only 2 phones on the planet, the s6 and the op2.

Not interested I have the One Plus One its its still perfect for what I use it for.  Plus the new one doesn't have NFC!!! and I use that quite a bit.

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

I am not going to buy a OnePlus phone again, I bought the OnePlus One thinking that the "Invite" system was due to it being their first product however this is their second product and they are still using the awful invite system.

I did register for an invite for the OnePlus Two however they have annoyed me to hell and back for this one reason alone, Allowing people to skip the line for an invite.

I started out as 79k in the line however as of today I am 159k in the line. It's a load of bulls**t. I am now going to purchase a Samsung S6 or iPhone 6S and OnePlus can do one as this "Buy without invite" is a LOAD OF CRAP. People who have been waiting for an Invite once again gets shoved aside for "Hype".

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

inb4 the site gets taken down due to all the traffic

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

• 4 weeks later...

Followed please keep updated thanks.

Followed, please update.

Updated. See OP.

If it just hadn't been for the bloody SD810... 820 + QC 3.0 and the rest of the specs would be so much more preferred. Currently deciding between buying the OP2 or having hope for a stronger OP3 in the same formfactor.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Needless to say, I was disappointed. Servers went down, didn't get one because of that reason.. god diggety damn. Guess it is another reason to wait for OP3

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise