IFA 2015: Asus unveils GTX 980 Ti Matrix Platinum

ChrisxIxCross

Today at Asus' press conference in Berlin they have finally announced their GTX 980 Ti Platinum card. It seems they are going for a stealthy black look this time around compared to previous versions of the Matrix that had red accents. Personally I'm really liking this new look they decided to go with considering they already have the 980 Ti Strix that has red accenting. Curious to see how this card will stack up against other OC cards like the KPE, Lightning, and Galax HOF.

GBTtsML.jpg

asus-rog-980-ti-matrix.jpg

GnT2JhI.jpg                      

ROG Matrix GTX 980Ti Platinum

ROG Matrix GTX 980Ti Platinum gaming graphics card features DirectCU II with 10mm heat pipes for 25% cooler performance and three-times (3X) less noise than reference cards. Patented Wing-blade Fan technology maximizes airflow by delivering 105% more air pressure for more efficient cooling.

Auto-Extreme technology with Super Alloy Power II components ensures that each ROG Matrix GTX 980Ti Platinum graphics card is of the highest quality and is able to withstand the graphical demands of today’s gamers.

Memory Defroster is an ASUS-exclusive technology that takes overclocking to extremes – it defrosts the Matrix card's memory during subzero overclocking to ensure sustained stability. ROG Matrix GTX 980Ti Platinum has a one-click Safe Mode that restores VBIOS to its original settings; while the color-coded ROG load indicator lets users check GPU load levels at a glance. It features GPU Tweak II, an intuitive user interface, which makes gaming and overclocking easier and more visual than ever. It also comes with a 1‑year XSplit Gamecaster premium license — a $99 value — so gamers can easily stream or record their gameplay via a convenient, in-game overlay.

Press release: http://press.asus.com/PressReleases/p/ASUS-Showcases-Complete-Lineup-of-ROG-Gaming-Innovations-at-IFA-2015#.Veb0F0Yppm0

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Don't like the orange. I'll stick to Asus Strix, MSI, or EVGA ACX2.0.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Now why can't they make a 970 that looks like that?

And why did I have to get the strix? Damned thing is so hideous.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I do, matches my case. :D

Yeahs it a pretty sick looking card I just prefer red and black. Which there are,plenty to choose from so it don't bother me. What case you Have? Only,orange and black one off the top of my head is the Silent Base 800

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Now why can't they make a 970 that looks like that?

And why did I have to get the strix? Damned thing is so hideous.

My strix is so little and cute. 750Ti Master Race xD.

Don't like the orange. I'll stick to Asus Strix, MSI, or EVGA ACX2.0.

Im pretty sure its just metallic red not orange also that part is going to be facing down in your case anyways.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

My strix is so little and cute. 750Ti Master Race xD.

I just think mine looks absolutely hideous. Wish I'd waited for a bit, could have gotten the one with the Titan cooler from best buy for cheaper.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Im pretty sure its just metallic red not orange also that part is going to be facing down in your case anyways.

When I get home I'll show you a picture of my case. The GPU faces up :). Won't be home for like 6-8 hours.

When I get home I'll show you a picture of my case. The GPU faces up :). Won't be home for like 6-8 hours.

Ahh I see makes sense. But yeah when they show off real pics of the card and not renders im pretty sure it will be a metallic red color. Asus RoG is red after all. Going with orange wouldnt make any sense.

price? probably Titan X range...

Nah, if the new MSI Lightning is going to be 729$, this will most likely be 750$ or less. Only the EVGA Kingpin is super overpriced and expensive.

I just think mine looks absolutely hideous. Wish I'd waited for a bit, could have gotten the one with the Titan cooler from best buy for cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121896&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Desktop+Graphics+Cards-_-N82E16814121896&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvJqvBRCL77m2-uKczsIBEiQAkx8VjD0HSg_yR_BK0eGJTfBiV-cjStWABJch9IHut396YQcaAhoL8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds Look at the specs of how little the thing is. Yes I paid $140... Yes I'm aware I could of gotten a 950. Didn't have the money for a new PSU+GPU so opted for a higher end 750Ti.

Yeahs it a pretty sick looking card I just prefer red and black. Which there are,plenty to choose from so it don't bother me. What case you Have? Only,orange and black one off the top of my head is the Silent Base 800

Phantom 410.

Phantom 410.

Just looked it up. Wow that looks amazing.

Just looked it up. Wow that looks amazing.

Really? Most people think it's tacky.

the 980 ti has been out for 1+ year

do we really need new variations of it

? The 980 Ti came out on June 1st its barely been out for 3 months...

the 980 ti has been out for 1+ year

do we really need new variations of it

It's only been out since June 2nd of this year...

As a side note, HOW IS IT SEPTEMBER ALREADY?!

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

wait

FUCK

lol

wait

FUCK

What? Did he break your perception of time or something?

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Really? Most people think it's tacky.

Not really. I like designs like that. Favorite case is the NZXT Noctis 450 ( Enthoo has a close second that's a full tower case but I forget the actual name. It's very similar to the ?Noctis )

Not really. I like designs like that. Favorite case is the NZXT Noctis 450 ( Enthoo has a close second that's a full tower case but I forget the actual name. It's very similar to the ?Noctis )

Well NZXT does have a certain style. I'm still trying to figure out a way to swap all my orange trim pieces for ones that light up. The wiring is going to be a small nightmare.