CIA or FBI, Other?

Guest Philosophy
FBI or CIA?

I was a police officer and now I am switching my goals to be a federal agent after I graduate with a 6 year degree from college. Which do you think would be better (hugely different requirements). FBI would require a science degree and more LEO experience. CIA I could apply with my current degree program and I have enough experience. Although FBI I would not have to relocate, CIA I would. What are your thoughts? Or maybe another federal police job? 

Id choose CIA

You can be like G.I. JOE there protecting your country from Cobra- I mean ISIS

Not the job I'd be going for. I'd be going for an in country police/agent position.  

FBI

Believe me...you do not want in the CIA.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

FBI, CIA is sketchy.

How is CIA sketchy?

FBI

Believe you...you do not want in the CIA.

Care to explain? 

Id choose CIA

You can be like G.I. JOE there protecting your country from Cobra- I mean ISIS

GI JOE

Knowing is half the battle!

The rest is guns and shit 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

How is CIA sketchy?

By doing some not.. good/legal/nice kind of things. Not a fun group of people if you get my gist.

GI JOE

Knowing is half the battle!

The rest is guns and shit 

If GI Joe taught me anything it's don't pet a stray dog. It could bite you and give you rabies.

Taran should run for president!

Dude why FBI? Postal police ftw.

Who doesn't love a good mail fraud investigation?

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Care to explain? 

They are sketchy, they are power hungry, they abuse their power and they do whatever they have to, no matter how morally questionable it is, to do their mission. You also have no say in what you get assigned to if they need you, and treat you like a meatshield—someone who is entirely expandable, be it life or death or painting you as the bad guy if need be. Just read into some CIA horror stories, from actual agents...you will understand why you shouldn't pick it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

They are sketchy, they are power hungry, they abuse their power and they do whatever they have to, no matter how morally questionable it is, to do their mission. You also have no say in what you get assigned to if they need you, and treat you like a meatshield—someone who is entirely expandable, be it life or death or painting you as the bad guy if need be. Just read into some CIA horror stories, from actual agents...you will understand why you shouldn't pick it.

FBI is looking best. I would say US Marshall's but they are so old fashioned. 

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I thought FBI only did work within the US, and CIA had a much more broad scope that included foreign area's? (Correct me if I'm wrong please). 

The thing is though, you mention that your degree lines up more with the CIA, which if you're studying that and more interested in that, then pursue that. I think either would be good depending on what your goals are and your motivations.

FBI is looking best. I would say US Marshall's but they are so old fashioned. 

Old fashion will probably appease you. That generally means they still care about what is right and wrong.

Anyways, the FBI is definitely the better option of the two—unless you wouldn't mind becoming whatever tool the CIA needed you to be in order to help people or the "greater good". Then the CIA. This isn't to say that the FBI is without fault, of course, just not as much. If  your interests align more with the CIA, or your training does, then go for it. But if you want the job that is "nicer" (for the lack of a better term") than the FBI.

edit

I mean...the CIA lies even to its bosses. That's how legit hard-core they are.

I thought FBI only did work within the US, and CIA had a much more broad scope that included foreign area's? (Correct me if I'm wrong please). 

The thing is though, you mention that your degree lines up more with the CIA, which if you're studying that and more interested in that, then pursue that. I think either would be good depending on what your goals are and your motivations.

Yes. The FBI is domestic and the CIA operates overseas.

CIA does both enter-country investigations and foreign, FBI handles more stereotypical law investigations (which I have experience in). My degree is a double major of Psychology and Computer Engineering which is perfect for CIA and average or FBI (but still very applicable). I have high interest in both. 

FBI or CIA?

I was a police officer and now I am switching my goals to be a federal agent after I graduate with a 6 year degree from college. Which do you think would be better (hugely different requirements). FBI would require a science degree and more LEO experience. CIA I could apply with my current degree program and I have enough experience. Although FBI I would not have to relocate, CIA I would. What are your thoughts? Or maybe another federal police job?

I would say cia because you already have a degree in progress and some experience. But if you have a family I would go with fbi.

FBI or CIA?

BLACK LIVES MATTER!

BLACK LIVES MATTER!

I don't disagree. Everyone's lives matter #LoveEverybody. 

CIA if you want to do secret stuff

FBI if you want to bust down DDOS'ers doors 

CIA if you want to do secret stuff

FBI if you want to bust down DDOS'ers doors 

I would probably shoot for some kind of property crimes/major crimes unit as opposed to cyber crime since I have experience with a crime scene.