Hades Chillin'

GregEl

Greetings from Greece.

This is my first build log and my first mod.

So here we go. This is project:

li4.png

Parts list:

Mobo: Asus P8Z77 deluxe

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.1GHz + XSPC Raystorm

RAM: 8GB G.skill Ares 2133MHz

Data: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB + WD Green 2TB + Seagate GoFlex 3TB usb 3.0

Graphics: Sapphire HD7970 3GB + EKWB

Sound: Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC350

PSU: Corsair AX1200

Cooling: 360 Alphacool UT60 + 240 Alphacool UT60 with eloop noiseblockers + D5 with XSPC dual 5.25 reservoir

I know the PSU is overkill, but I want at some point to get a second graphics card.

This was Hades:

qw1z.jpg

I don’t put much thinking into naming. I have always called my main gaming/performance rig Hades, my mobile computer Hermes and my server Atlas.

So I decided to do a custom watercooling setup for Hades but the 600T didn’t have enough space for the radiators I wanted. I didn’t want to ruin such a good case by “frankensteining” it. So I went for the pc desk route. Now I have seen many pc desk mods out there. I wanted to do something that hasn’t been done a lot. Some pc desks are very cool but a bit over the top and not that practical and some are just brown ugly iWoods. I wanted a modern style desk, with the right color scheme and most of all with efficient use of space. So I made one :)

Here are some pictures: (Sorry for the quality, all images are from my Nokia N9 smartphone)

The sketchup design to visualize my idea. Sorry I am not that good at sketchup.

xkh.png

The materials for the desk at my workstation aka my balcony.

7ynz.jpg

Some progress done, materials stored. Going for wine with friends.

d6m3.jpg

Putting things together the next day

vu4b.jpg

The motherboard tray from milky plexi with the help of a local advert-signs store that had plexi (I don’t have tools to work with plexiglass)

7dhf.jpg

Got a new graphics card to watercool, but man reference 7970s are so hard to find these days in my country.

zkv1.jpg

The watercooling and mod parts that arrived from eworld and only the EK GPU waterblock missing. (I ordered that one with the backplate from EK)

wo61.jpg

Hades has moved to his new home

a4t5.jpg

Ready for leak testing

02f6.jpg

Left the loop running during the night. Just the pump plugged in. Bubbles gone easily by changing the D5 speed. No leaks :)

i5ky.jpg

Sleeving and shortening the 24pin

jj62.jpg

I love paracord

roxd.jpg

Front panel complete, made the fan filter and I am quite pleased. At first I wanted to go all white, but I liked the way it turned out. Yeah I know some things are a bit rough and not that great looking details, but it is good enough for me.

ywug.jpg

Oh and one more thing. I love the Phobya UV LED strip! :)

c3n9.jpg

I wish the colors were more accurate, but my trusty old N9 picks up a lot more pink, in reallity it is more purple + blue

bi0d.jpg

The triple eLoops on the right side, very good and quiet fans

s2dn.jpg

Tried the flash for better colors, but no...

pecu.jpg

And that was it. I may add some pictures with more detail, when I borrow a friends DSLR camera.

I am pleased with the temperatures I get. (In degrees Celsius)

Idle CPU 34 and GPU 39

Load CPU 59 and GPU 49

But all this with a room temperature of 31! Greece is really hot in the summer :)

I hope you liked my build and it would be an honor if it was picked for the builds of the week section of the wan show.

2GTech Maker Hub
Youtube||Facebook||Twitter

Great build! Very creative.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I give you a +1 in the first place for using IKEA parts :D

Furthermore, great job!

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Nice fan choice and nice sleeving.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

Looks very nice. I still dont understand the name though.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Nice! Refer to the lacing tutorial by @alpenwasser for those cables

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Who cares about the name? It's awesome build and that's what matters!

poli oreo ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Who cares about the name? It's awesome build and that's what matters!

I know i was just curious about the name. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Hades = Underworld of the greek mythology. [Or the God of the underworld.] But it's =/= hell. It's where normal people go, while warriors go to Elysium.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

But it's =/= hell.

Yeah, I think that would be more like Tartarus (which, incidentally, is also both a place and a

deity IIRC), although my Greek mythology is a bit rusty.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I love it, nice job mate.

I love it when people physically build something, great respect to you sir :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

You guys are awesome! Best community online. Thank you for all your comments.

I am indeed very influenced from Greek mythology when it comes to naming. Cronos will probably be my next build (mini ITX most likely), but I won't be starting it soon.

Thank you for the lancing suggestion. Cable management wise I am satisfied, but the 24 pin and the GPU cables could be a bit more tidy, I agree.

Although I want to keep the handmade look and don't want them to be perfect and machine-made looking.

Sadly I won't be making many changes soon, as I have obligations in the army for the next 9 months.

I will attend to the cables when I get a second GPU for sure!

Again, thank you all.

2GTech Maker Hub

That looks awesome, I love the colour scheme, I'd have preferred more clean and straight tubing and maybe lacing on those cables so as not to have them fan out all over the place.

Looks pretty cool, I'm waiting for higher quality pictures with more accurate colours, that way I can really enjoy this build. :)

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

small update:

I did some lacing as you suggested and I loved it. Looks way better. I am not good at lancing, as alpenwasser is, but I am happy with the result.

kley.jpg

And the 24pin. I couldn't lance up to the power supply, because the connector wiring is twisted by default. Meaning the cable numbered 1 on the pci-e connector is actually number 8 on the psu-connector.

wgv9.jpg

And I got some good night shots with better color accuracy. These are much closer to how it looks in person.

2aad.jpg

l7ze.jpg

And this is a photo of the hole thing. I feel it is complete for now. Future upgrades would be a 27 inch 2560x1440 monitor, a second GPU and some monsoon fittings.

k4yy.jpg

And yes I got those SP2500s today. I was amazed by the sound quality. I heard a classical guitar song at 60% volume (more is too loud for me) and I could hear the guitar player's breath!

That is all for now. Next week I will try to take better photos with my friend's DSLR camera.

2GTech Maker Hub

My GOD this is epic, great creativity. Its even unique from other desk builds

I tried today with my friend's DSLR. Much better colors, but the imperfections are more visible 75.gif
g8m7.jpg

chm1.JPG

1cbx.jpg

One of the most accurate color-wise
v44x.jpg

a8bg.jpg

Another with accurate colors
luhd.jpg

sw4.JPG

9cw7.jpg

ujdk.jpg

Again thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

2GTech Maker Hub

Lovely :)

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H