Sennheiser vs Hi-Fi man\

Padorkous

Hi! I am going to buy some new audiophile headphones and i am wondering if i should buy sennheiser hd700 or the hi-fi man hd500?

What would you pick and why?

Thanks for your time! :P

Hi! I am going to buy some new audiophile headphones and i am wondering if i should buy sennheiser hd700 or the hi-fi man hd500?

*HE 500

Well, a lot of people have issues with the weight of planar magnetic headphones over longer periods of time, so you should probably get the HD700. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

You can go with sennheiser one which is hopefully good compared to the other one.

Hd700 is a strange pair of headphones, I hope you know what you're getting into as you'll either hate it or love it. I'd play it safe and go with the he500 in this case after trying both the he400 and he560.

Edit: Also, at that price I'd check out the Th-600 as well.

HE-500's!!!

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

I'd say it is up to subjective preference at this price point. While I believe that the HE-500 is technically more capable (especially in terms of distortion and bass extension), the fact remains that some people will prefer to sound of the HD700, not to mention the superior comfort and ergonomics.

In terms of sound, the 700 definitely has more treble, being described as peaky with occasional sibilance. This is to be expected given the sharp peak centered at 6kHz in the frequency response. The other main difference is going to be the bass, of which the 700 has less combined with a lot more distortion at those frequencies. Some people compare the HD700 sound signature to the Grado house sound, which seems insulting but probably not to far off in this case.

You can go with sennheiser one which is hopefully good compared to the other one.

Seriously? "Hopefully" good? Great recommendation.

I am too biased when it comes to the HE-500's.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.