Sony: 1080p 60fps Makes A Huge Difference

TwistedDictator

But isn't Uncharted 4 1080p @ 30FPS?

If they say games these days should be targeting 60FPS then why are they still making a 30FPS game?

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

But isn't Uncharted 4 1080p @ 30FPS?

If they say games these days should be targeting 60FPS then why are they still making a 30FPS game?

Because saying 1080 60 is good doesn't mean you should never make 30fps games again

ND wanted 108060 for UC4 but they couldn't get all the way there and they didn't

want to cut stuff from the game

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Well I wouldn't make another 30FPS game after being stuck at sub-720p and inconsistent 30FPS for 7 years with my PS3.

60FPS or nothing.

That is why I am holding off playing Skyrim, ARMA 3, Witcher 2 and many other games in my Steam library until I can buy an i7 because my FX-8350 couldn't maintain a solid 60FPS in these games even with an AMD R9 290 (high CPU usage + low GPU usage -> bottleneck). Recent games such as Battlefield 4 I get 100+FPS on 1080p Ultra settings (Medium CPU usage + high GPU usage -> good optimisation), but older games just don't like the FX-8350.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

I pay for PSN anyway for the free games, which i think its really worth it

yeah it sucks but meh its not too much money and  the exclusives I really do want to play

I pay McDonalds for free burgers and hookers for free happy endings 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I pay McDonalds for free burgers and hookers for free happy endings 

Sign me up

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

"But the human eye can't see more than 24 FPS"

Great try gaming at constant 24 FPS :D

I'm more excited for 1080p 60fps MGS 5.

Well I am going to play it on PC so.... 1440p 60fps for me, unless I get a new monitor  :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

144hz or go home!

Well when I get around to upgrading my PC that will happen

for now It does the job fine and I cant afford anything else

Agreed Sony. And though you will never agree to this, your console it's just flatout not capable of sustained 60fps for recent games that are not PS3 remades. So what should we expect then? Kinda doubt it will be a PS5 this soon.

Also the logical step would be for them to just release a Playstation store software for the PC and compete with Valve bringing their titles but I kinda doubt that they're too well, Japanese, to admit defeat like that.

No what I think is that they will come up with a PS4 "the nicer version" and just sell PS4 branded consoles with improved hardware, possibly even a dedicated GPU. For a lot more $ than the current one but they will just made games "backwards compatible" with the current, poor people version of their PS4

I know it sounds out there but trust me, it will happen they're just paving the way.

I must disagree.

The PS4 is perfectly capable of rendering games with a decent graphical fidelity at 1920x1080, 60 frames per second. A very large number of titles on the system currently do this, and for many which don't it could arguably be attributed to a lack of optimisation.

In any case, it is absolutely  that they will release a more powerful version of the PS4. Never in the history of PlayStation (nor for that matter any console brand that I can recall) has this been done, and they are very unlikely to be setting such a precedent now. The console is still powerful enough to run games to a decent level for the masses, and launching a more powerful version now would be a foolish long-term business move. (It would cause fragmentation in the marketplace, increase difficulty and complexity for developers and lessen the gap between the PS4 and PS5 thus giving users less reason to upgrade in future.)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I must disagree.

The PS4 is perfectly capable of rendering games with a decent graphical fidelity at 1920x1080, 60 frames per second. A very large number of titles on the system currently do this, and for many which don't it could arguably be attributed to a lack of optimisation.

In any case, it is absolutely  that they will release a more powerful version of the PS4. Never in the history of PlayStation (nor for that matter any console brand that I can recall) has this been done, and they are very unlikely to be setting such a precedent now. The console is still powerful enough to run games to a decent level for the masses, and launching a more powerful version now would be a foolish long-term business move. (It would cause fragmentation in the marketplace, increase difficulty and complexity for developers and lessen the gap between the PS4 and PS5 thus giving users less reason to upgrade in future.)

Indeed, launching now wouldnt give a graphical jump worthy enough. In a couple of years, slam a HBM2/3 GPU with a decent 6 or 8 core cpu 32GB (maybe 64 who knows), Min 1TB/s memory bandwith and enough power for 4k at 60fps, 250w power usage, done :P

Consoles with PC comparable performance and low power usage while maintaining a profit margin are not viable at the moment. We really need to let a couple of years pass so a good spec console is actually viable

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

You don't get it done you ? 30 FPS is perfectly smooth for me, it isn't as smooth as 60 FPS but it's still fine.

I'm sorry but 30FPS is not smooth, it is consistent, but far from smooth.

Just by the fact that each frame in videogames is rendered perfect and there's no such thing as natural motion blur, 30FPS is not smooth.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I would go with 30FPS over 60FPS and crappy graphics unless atheistic are pleasing.

Yeah, cause actually playing the game isn't the whole point...

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

I must disagree.

The PS4 is perfectly capable of rendering games with a decent graphical fidelity at 1920x1080, 60 frames per second. 

How come most major titles only do 900p then? Sorry but if they do reach it, the "decent graphical fidelity" part is questionable at best since its low to medium detail compared to PC.

-------

Current Rig

-------

How come most major titles only do 900p then? Sorry but if they do reach it, the "decent graphical fidelity" part is questionable at best since its low to medium detail compared to PC.

poor optimizations 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Because "most major titles" don't, the only 900p titles on ps4 are DICE Games, Watch Dogs, AC Unity, and EA UFC.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Because "most major titles" don't, the only 900p titles on ps4 are DICE Games, Watch Dogs, AC Unity, and EA UFC.

So all we accomplished is exposing the tiny amount of actually new games on the PS4 since most of the time we go "oh, yeah Madden and Fifa same engine as before" and "Oh, last of us and other PS3 remakes" and so on and so forth.

-------

Current Rig

-------

So all we accomplished is exposing the tiny amount of actually new games on the PS4 since most of the time we go "oh, yeah Madden and Fifa same engine as before" and "Oh, last of us and other PS3 remakes" and so on and so forth.

But then you are missing the vast majority of games which are 1080.

Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, Batman Arkham Knight, Infamous Second Son, Project Car's, Witcher 3, Evolve, Driveclub, Bloodborne, Metro Redux, MGSV and so on

99% of games on PS4 are 1080, id guess 10% are 60fps

Ill take downgraded gfx to get 1080p/60 every single time

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Yeah, cause actually playing the game isn't the whole point...

While I get what you're saying but athletics and graphics have a great effect on the experience for me, unless it's an FPS games I'm fine with everything on low except for the models. 

I'm sorry but 30FPS is not smooth, it is consistent, but far from smooth.

Just by the fact that each frame in videogames is rendered perfect and there's no such thing as natural motion blur, 30FPS is not smooth.

*shurgs* it's smooth for me, everyone has different standards, 30 FPS is perfectly fine for me and it's smooth.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

But then you are missing the vast majority of games which are 1080.

Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, Batman Arkham Knight, Infamous Second Son, Project Car's, Witcher 3, Evolve, Driveclub, Bloodborne, Metro Redux, MGSV and so on

99% of games on PS4 are 1080, id guess 10% are 60fps

1080p30fps is like getting a blow job where you don't get to cum: just teasing but not worth your time.

-------

Current Rig

-------